SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Got dunked (hydrostatic weight) and I'm not sure if I believe the results.

I got dunked last month and took pics of myself later that day. Here are the pics. I have a printout of the test results but wanted to have you guys guess first before I post it up. I estimated I was about 12%, what do you guys think?

5'7" 164 lbs

3 year transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147790393

Are you fat because you're lazy or are you lazy because you're fat?

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jhalf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    14? Maybe a touch more. You look like you may have a lot of visceral fat
    MISC Strength Crew

ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ocmatt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    look tough

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visceral Fat.... I had to google that sheet. I never new that fat would hang out around your organs like that. I would have guessed you around 12%, but I may need to work on my BF% guessing techniques. I may be closer to 14% myself when I was guessing 11% . regardless of BF% you look great bro!

SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's the test results:

I don't see how I could possibly be sub < 10%, but the hydrostatic weighing method is the gold standard from everything I've read. My goal all this time has been to break into the single digits and I still have some fat to lose to be content. I do have some loose skin around my lower abs since I used to be 221 lbs but it's not as bad as a lot of people here and I know some of it is still fat.

stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    Here's the test results:

I don't see how I could possibly be sub < 10%, but the hydrostatic weighing method is the gold standard from everything I've read. My goal all this time has been to break into the single digits and I still have some fat to lose to be content. I do have some loose skin around my lower abs since I used to be 221 lbs but it's not as bad as a lot of people here and I know some of it is still fat.
    Most likely skin or maybe some water retention.............if its water retention just try to eat the cliche healthy foods (find that it works for me) and/or go on a ketogenic diet...........if its skin dunno what you can do about it really u dont have that elastic teen skin anymore i would think so possibly surgery could help.Dont really know tho just dont gain more bf and see if it tightens up

Anyone else think I could possibly be into the single digits based on these pic?

chROny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i don't know how to put this.
    on the outside (meaning the way i see your muscle definition) i would say that yes you are around that 10% body fat.however there is something very weird about your body.it looks thick man.very thick.especially in pics 2 and 4.is that loose skin? or if not i think it might as well be visceral fat like someone said(meaning fat that is inside your abdominal cavity,inbetween your organs).

RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RyanSten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would have guessed 9-10%. It looks like you have some extra skin around your midsection if it wasn't for that you'd definately look it. Good job

One last bump.

I definitely have some loose skin and a little bit of fat in the lower abs and love handles as well. These pics were about 5 weeks ago and I've dropped a few lbs since then and I might get dunked again in a few more weeks.
    Last edited by SLO; 07-03-2012 at 04:32 PM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interesting... I would have guessed higher, too. Probably 12 or so, maybe 13.

I had mine done back in April and i APPEARED leaner than you do in the pics. Also, when hydrostatic is off due to human error it's almost always not forcing out enough air, which will actually make it HIGHER, not lower.

How many times did they do the test? I know they made me do it like 5 times and used the best one.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000) TAS44 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would have thought about 12 but I guess it's possible. Your arms and shoulders look shredded but you carry some extra fat around the waist

eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000) eugegall is just really nice. (+1000)
    How accurate are these tests?

JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JinKazama23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TAS44 View Post
    Would have thought about 12 but I guess it's possible. Your arms and shoulders look shredded but you carry some extra fat around the waist
    I don't think it's all fat. It looks like extra skin so it's impossible to tell looking at that area. If you look at upper body 9-10% makes sense.

MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    have u ever lost a lot of weight?

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Interesting... I would have guessed higher, too. Probably 12 or so, maybe 13.

I had mine done back in April and i APPEARED leaner than you do in the pics. Also, when hydrostatic is off due to human error it's almost always not forcing out enough air, which will actually make it HIGHER, not lower.

How many times did they do the test? I know they made me do it like 5 times and used the best one.
    I believe we weighed me 5-6 times, or until he got 3 identical readings.

Originally Posted by MattinNC View Post
    have u ever lost a lot of weight?
    Yes. Dropped 60 lbs in 8 months from 9/1/09 to 5/17/10. Been within a 10-15 lb range since then.

MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    I believe we weighed me 5-6 times, or until he got 3 identical readings.

Yes. Dropped 60 lbs in 8 months from 9/1/09 to 5/17/10. Been within a 10-15 lb range since then.
    I dropped 100 pounds way back in the day. You prob are leaner than would "appear" versus someone who has never gone through that kind of weight loss. Few reasons, loose skin is one, asymmetric fatty deposits versus those with "good" genetics another. A few bulking/cutting cycles helps.

WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The loose/extra skin makes it look like you've got 12-13% bodyfat but after looking at your arms, shoulders, chest, back...I can absolutely see 9-10% as being accurate.

As someone posted above...if an error is made in the trials it will almost always end up giving a higher percentage anyway. Just take the single digits and keep truckin!
    PharmaFreak Sponsored Athlete
    www.PharmaFreak.com

Interact with me on Twitter and InstaGram! @KevinSchosek

www.BodiesByKevin.com

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WoopItsKevin View Post
    The loose/extra skin makes it look like you've got 12-13% bodyfat but after looking at your arms, shoulders, chest, back...I can absolutely see 9-10% as being accurate.

As someone posted above...if an error is made in the trials it will almost always end up giving a higher percentage anyway. Just take the single digits and keep truckin!
    ^^^^^^^this

looking at your tris you have nice deep cuts so I'd say ~10%
    Your ab and core definition will remain hidden for a while under the loose skin
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Originally Posted by WoopItsKevin View Post

Thanks! Keep on trucking' is the plan. Will the madness ever stop?

supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Visceral Fat.... I had to google that sheet. I never new that fat would hang out around your organs like that. I would have guessed you around 12%, but I may need to work on my BF% guessing techniques. I may be closer to 14% myself when I was guessing 11% . regardless of BF% you look great bro!

yeah thanks for googling it for me, lol i was thinking about 12-14 myself. but the separation in the legs and stuff had me thinking it was lower. way to go on the 9% though dang

supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just noticed the a bit of extra skin. how much are you coming down from? looking good man. keep it up!

LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    some of you guys realize that certain percentages of bodyfat on everyone doesn't necessarily portray the same look of leanness...

obviously he has huge upper torso bone structure. On top of that... some extra skin? IDK...

Lean mass counts as anything that is not fat... so yeah... he doesn't look like he's 9% compared to other people who might be 9%
    but I don't doubt the accuracy of hydrostatic body composition testing at all

BTW huge ass barrell chest... damn...

Originally Posted by supermaz View Post
    just noticed the a bit of extra skin. how much are you coming down from? looking good man. keep it up!
    Was 221 on 9/1/09 when I decided to stop being drunk, fat, and stupid. I'm coming up on my 3 year birthday/anniversary and want to be absolutely shredded by Sept 1.

Here are my most unflattering before pics when I was around 200. I don't have any shirtless pics at my worst of 221.

MedzNo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks like excess skin buddy, Your looking great though man lost alot ! keep it up !!

lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lakmir0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you haev cellulitis on your chest near your nipple? I only ask because I just went through a bout of that and it looked similar to the red mark you have there. If thats the case, you need to get it checked out, thats serious business.

KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would have guessed 11%, 9-10% a possibility with skin...I look WAYYYYY better in the morning when dehydrated cause i know that water retention in the afternoon makes you look alot different with loose skin so not surprised at the results...good job with the weight loss btw
    Started @ 2009 - 335 LBS & 37% BF
    Now @ 2014 - 210 LBS & 11% BF

"Get what you like so you're not stuck having to like what you get."
    "Ghime? What's a ghime?" *Homer walks into the gym* "Oh, haha...a GHIME."

Originally Posted by lakmir0 View Post
    Do you haev cellulitis on your chest near your nipple? I only ask because I just went through a bout of that and it looked similar to the red mark you have there. If thats the case, you need to get it checked out, thats serious business.
    Haha! No. That's a nasty burn I got on my chest from working on my car a few days prior. I spilled hot oil on my hand which made me jump off the floor and pressed my chest right into the hot exhaust. I (foolishly) wasn't wearing a shirt because the cool cement garage floor actually felt good on my back which got terribly sunburned the day before.