Registered User bad2thabone2014's Avatar
    bad2thabone2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking starting strength and wrestling?

Would I still be able to run Starting Strength and wrestling practice 3-4 days a week? Im 15, 5'7 and 180 lbs with a chubby build if it helps.

My lifting stats are:
    Squat: 220x5
    Bench: 170x5
    Deadlift: 240x5
    Overhead Press: 95x5
    Bent Row: 120x5

Thank you in advance

TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOG1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bad2thabone2014 View Post
    Would I still be able to run Starting Strength and wrestling practice 3-4 days a week? Im 15, 5'7 and 180 lbs with a chubby build if it helps.

My lifting stats are:
    Squat: 220x5
    Bench: 170x5
    Deadlift: 240x5
    Overhead Press: 95x5
    Bent Row: 120x5

Thank you in advance
    I'm in my wrestling off-season right now, but our school has freestyle wrestling so I do that too. I used to do starting strength even during the actual season, so I think you'd be good if you're doing it too. You should take a break before meets and tournaments, though, you don't want to be on the mat sore from a hard day's workout.

irish_muscle77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish_muscle77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are you currently competing in tourneys and matches or are you offseason right now? thats about what i started at but the key to wrestling is practice thats the best way to improve if you practice hard enough your body will take care of itself… but what was said above defiantly take a break the day before a match and if your going to lift the day before a match then just go light!

Registered User bad2thabone2014's Avatar
    bad2thabone2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm actually in the off-season right now, but I'll still be going to a few off-season tournaments here and there, but my coach told me they wont start until June or July. I was just worried running this program while still having practice because I read somewhere that my legs would just be dead the whole time since I'd be squatting 3 times a week x_x and that I'd plateau early since I'd be overtraining or something. Thanks for the responses guys! I appreciate it

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Greyskull LP might be a viable alternative, if squatting three times a week doesn't appeal all that much.

Likewise, a Westside program.

jreagnn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wrestled my freshmen and sophomore years of high school. If you're lifting then you've got it right, do strength training. Don't bother with splits

My advice, take rows out and replace them with hang cleans and power cleans (alternate or work them different days) because they'll help you explode when you're in the ref. pos. and with everything else.

Good luck man
    "A system of capitalism presumes sound money, not fiat money manipulated by a central bank. Capitalism cherishes voluntary contracts and interest rates that are determined by savings, not credit creation by a central bank." ~ Ron Paul

FullMoonRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jreagnn View Post
    I wrestled my freshmen and sophomore years of high school. If you're lifting then you've got it right, do strength training. Don't bother with splits

My advice, take rows out and replace them with hang cleans and power cleans (alternate or work them different days) because they'll help you explode when you're in the ref. pos. and with everything else.

Good luck man

Exactly. I wrestled all four years in high school. Stick to the power movements and don't leave cardio out. Goodluck man =D