Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Registered User featherweight11's Avatar
    featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    Already sent a message to a mod requesting a ban, so the clock is ticking....
    I'm only butthurt at myself, for spending so much time here. A complete waste.
    You know for a body building forum this place sure has hell of a lot of insecurity and drama....
    http://i.imgur.com/AMdY01t.png

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by featherweight11 View Post
    You know for a body building forum this place sure has hell of a lot of insecurity and drama....
    Says one of the guys preaching broscience.

goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    My breaking point has been reached....I am spending too much time arguing with morons on this site.

If anyone cares to know, I'm going to request for a mod to permaban my account.

Not that I need to prove anything to you, but my profile has said 170 lbs for over a year, along with all my other stats. And you are age 29, if that isn't a joke.
    Lol I'm not 29 I just put that down

goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goldzilla92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JWilll07 View Post
    Okay so let's put all these answers together. Cardio is good for overall health, burns a little bit of calories but if you eat a little more won't affect your bulk much. Keeps your bf% at a reasonable number, and helps overall physical apperence. So all in all, while bulking, cardio maybe once a week for 30 minutes or so will not kill your bulk? In the ballpark?
    Omg no cardio does not keep your body fat in check, it just has health benefits. It depends on how much of a surplus or calories over maintenance you're actually getting; and your macros(how much if it is protein/carbs/fats) I recommend 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat && a 500 calorie surplus over maintenance. If your goal is to get big, in my eyes cardio is just counter productive or extra work. But your body composition and how much you gain in terms of fat and muscle and what your body fat turns out to be while bulking depends entirely on your surplus and your macros if we're talking naturally.

Originally Posted by Icons93 View Post
    Do you realise how much cardio is needed to interfere with total calorie intake to the extent where its a problem as you are claiming so ****ing much . X 3 think what you want , but dam you are some dumb **** .
    Regardless it's extra fcking work you kunt smfh my point is if you want to do cardio for health benefits that's fine but it won't have a change on your body composition if you still get the same exact surplus over maintenance or what you call replacing the calories burned from cardio his body fat% increases will be the same dickwad

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by goldzilla92 View Post
    Regardless it's extra fcking work you kunt smfh my point is if you want to do cardio for health benefits that's fine but it won't have a change on your body composition if you still get the same exact surplus over maintenance or what you call replacing the calories burned from cardio his body fat% increases will be the same dickwad
    Low - medium intensity cardio burns a considerable amount of fat over a long period of time . So it will have an effect on body composition .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

Low - medium intensity cardio burns a considerable amount of fat over a long period of time . So it will have an effect on body composition .
    YOU ARE FCKING DUMB END OF STORY POINT BLANK PERIOD
    If he replaces the calories burned from cardio via diet and still gets his surplus it won't do a damn thing in terms of fat loss you dumb kunt. We are not talking thermogenics here dummy it's calories in calories out.

traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) traind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by diabolicbmx View Post
    Rough estimate? 28-29BF%

Easy to cut down so don't worry about it.

I went from 45% BF down to 2-3 BF% in 2-3ish weeks. Feels good man.
    you must be new here.

anyways, some cardio is fine.. while bulking i do 1-2 days a week at moderate level.
    Veni Vidi Vici.

Originally Posted by traind View Post
    you must be new here.

anyways, some cardio is fine.. while bulking i do 1-2 days a week at moderate level.
    Just because you do it doesn't mean it's fine. If you don't replace those calories you'll miss your surplus and this equals out to more work.

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by goldzilla92 View Post
    YOU ARE FCKING DUMB END OF STORY POINT BLANK PERIOD
    If he replaces the calories burned from cardio via diet and still gets his surplus it won't do a damn thing in terms of fat loss you dumb kunt. We are not talking thermogenics here dummy it's calories in calories out.
    This I can agree 100 percent with.

Registered Sikkunt itwasntme184's Avatar
    itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000) itwasntme184 is just really nice. (+1000)
    strong reading comp
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights.

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWilll07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's a good calorie mark to hit ? First day of my bulk I hit around 4000, yesterday I was around 4500.

Glutenm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Glutenm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nahh dont do cardio while bulking
    DO IT OR DIE TRYING TO...

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This guy is in the 5% that has no clue what the purpose of cardio. Cardio is for losing fat, Why would you try and lose weight when bulking. Strong retards, bet they drink tap water.
    As a matter of fact, I do drink tap water. No less than 64oz per day. I do understand cardio... I use it to improve my endurance level. Diet is where I cut the pounds. The only time cardio = weight loss is when you eat at maintenance and depend on it to get you into a deficit.

Rough estimate? 28-29BF%

Easy to cut down so don't worry about it.

I went from 45% BF down to 2-3 BF% in 2-3ish weeks. Feels good man.
    You went from 45% bf to 2-3 in less than 3 weeks? That will make you the leanest person I have ever heard of. You're talking out of your ***. It's humanly impossible to lose 43% bf in 3 weeks..... Learn your place. You have a lot to learn about cardiovascular exercise. Btw, your condescending attitude doesn't make your opinions become facts, idiot.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JWilll07 View Post
    What's a good calorie mark to hit ? First day of my bulk I hit around 4000, yesterday I was around 4500.
    It depends. There are a few stickies in the nutrition section that will help.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

Originally Posted by RollTideNation View Post
    As a matter of fact, I do drink tap water. No less than 64oz per day. I do understand cardio... I use it to improve my endurance level. Diet is where I cut the pounds. The only time cardio = weight loss is when you eat at maintenance and depend on it to get you into a deficit.

You went from 45% bf to 2-3 in less than 3 weeks? That will make you the leanest person I have ever heard of. You're talking out of your ***. It's humanly impossible to lose 43% bf in 3 weeks..... Learn your place. You have a lot to learn about cardiovascular exercise. Btw, your condescending attitude doesn't make your opinions become facts, idiot.
    Pretty sure the guy was trolling and want srs.

Low - medium intensity burns more bodyfat? What the...?

1lb of bodyfat = 3,500cals. Lower intensity cardio almost always burns less calories than high intensity. Say you take two guys, tell one to jog 4mph for 2miles everyday, and the other does HIIT for 2 miles. Assuming they are both eating at maintenance, the guy doing HIIT will lose fat quicker. Now, as long as you are eating a 500cal deficit, you will lose 1lb per week. Tell me why somebody must do cardio when they are already eating less calories than they burn in one day? I am not saying that HIIT is more effective than old school jogging. I simply used it as an example for Low intensity < High intensity in a battle of who burns more calories. I prefer heavy bag and sledgehammer training to running any day of the week.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

from KanevskyFitness EricKanevskiy's Avatar
    EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricKanevskiy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're resting 1-2 minutes between all sets, low intensity cardio is redundant. If your goal is to improve your cardiovascular conditioning and you want to do some high intensity cardio, go ahead, but then make sure you're eating all of the calories that you burn.

greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greerwjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do 20 mins of cardio on handcycle everyday regardless of cutting or bulking....

bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol

SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianMorar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by greerwjay View Post
    I do 20 mins of cardio on handcycle everyday regardless of cutting or bulking....
    Hey, let's bump a 1 year old thread because we can, eh?

RS7JR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bump

This is my first post here guys and I thought I would chime in with my own personal experiences because I've been trying to figure this out for a while.

Cardio is definitely a good thing obviously. I started my account here because I'm a 29 year old who had a biometric screening and was told I had the body of a sixty year old woman. My own doctor said that . I know, embarrassing. Doing lots of cardio and improving my diet did a complete 180° on my body. My blood pressure is significantly lower, insomnia went away, hormone levels back to normal and I just feel a whole lot better.

BUT, we are talking about bulking. I'm a hard gainer (probably the reason I appeared healthy before but wasn't) and when I started bulking, I began to realize that any cardio I did resulted in a calorie deficit and considerably slowed my gains to almost a complete halt (tested by actual measurements). I was already eating 8 meals a day and snacking in between and I just didn't have time to eat anymore on my schedule. I had to cut my cardio to two 15min HIIT a week to even get close to the gains I wanted.

The point of my post is that everybody is different and if you are a hard gainer like me, and already have good cardiovascular health, extremely limiting cardio during a bulk may be the only way you will see any kind of a gain. It just depends on you.

messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) messiftw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can do some cardio yeh.

Jay212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all I'm not a teen, second of all I know this is a fairly old thread but I didn't want to create a new one and third this is my first reply post so be easy please

I'm training to gain at least 6-8 kilos of lean muscle in the next four-five months while maintaining around the same body fat % but I'm a hard gainer... I thought of dirty bulking but my dietitian recommended I refine my diet (so it's 80% protein 10% carbs 10% fats) as it has been 80% carbs 10% fats 10% protein pretty much (breads, pastas, cereal etc. etc.) and I was running 120km per week. Now I have reduced the cardio load to 70km a week (6 x 12km runs per week) but I am worried this is still too much to see the gains I desire. I've been following a 5x5 program with an added day (so five days a week in the gym instead of four) for the past three - four weeks. I have seen a little bit of improvement but I'm worried that the running will cut into the gains. The running is done between 8-9 mph pace. I used to be an endurance runner (running sub 2:40 marathons) and hated the way it made my body feel and look. I'm trying to get into gains as I want to feel strong and achieve the 'v' shaped body. Unfortunately I have pretty big legs yet a skinny upper body. I'm also wondering if anyone on here has been in a similar situation... How did you transition off the cardio? Did you replace running with swimming, or another pursuit that involves cardio but also involves working the upper body?
    Last edited by Jay212; 10-24-2014 at 06:30 AM.