Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you can get anything for it sell it. $35.00 would be great.

Now, I see a Rogue Adjustable Bench finding its home in that spot. Man that would look good with those bars.

Bench, bars and rack tell you a lot about a gym. That gym is looking great.

D

OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DougHolland View Post
    If you can get anything for it sell it. $35.00 would be great.

Now, I see a Rogue Adjustable Bench finding its home in that spot. Man that would look good with those bars.

Bench, bars and rack tell you a lot about a gym. That gym is looking great.

D
    Rogue adjustable bench is probably not happening but a nice flat bench is a possibility. My next move is upgrading my flat bench to a nice commercial piece with much higher catch arms in the back and a sturdier bench. I am bringing a treadmill and elliptical into the back corner where the flat bench is currently so I am considering selling the military press station. then I could move the flat bench where that is. I rarely use the military press station. If I wanted to do seated military press I could just set up an adjustable within the half rack with the huge safety arms supporting. I really could use some good opinions on this one. It is an extremely heavy well built Trotter so I think if I cleaned it up a bit I could get make some good profit off of it. Any reason to keep it if I can always use the half rack if I do want to do them?

Possibility. Then I would have a nice flat, 2 adjustable, and in a couple weeks a nice decline.

I saw that the Councourse gym is selling everything and I think they have a nice black trotter commercial flat bench for sale. I saw A white Inertia bench with plate storage that I really liked but it vanished from craigslist so I assume it sold.

This is the Military press rack I am considering selling. How much do you think i could get out of that? I would love to keep it if I had extra room.
    Nothing is impossible.

()---() York Barbell Club #10 ()---()

krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10) krosalclist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can do a lot more with the space. maybe a functional trainer or ghd in its place?

OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I really enjoyed unloading these 88 pound rubber stall mats into the store this morning. Pictures will be up later of the majority of the gym with rubber flooring now.
    Nothing is impossible.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OSUDimond View Post
    I really enjoyed unloading these 88 pound rubber stall mats into the store this morning. Pictures will be up later of the majority of the gym with rubber flooring now.
    Once you get them in, let us know if they change the acoustics of your gym. The room in which I put mine has carpet on the floor and addition of the mats over the carpet made the room echo more. But if you're putting yours in over a non-carpeted floor, they might not do much to alter the acoustics of the room.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wukillabeez78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Once you get them in, let us know if they change the acoustics of your gym. The room in which I put mine has carpet on the floor and addition of the mats over the carpet made the room echo more. But if you're putting yours in over a non-carpeted floor, they might not do much to alter the acoustics of the room.
    Is it a low pile carpet? Or are the mats heavy enough that you can put them over a high pile carpet and they still lie flat?

BTW, your gym is looking great OSUDimond!

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78 View Post
    Is it a low pile carpet? Or are the mats heavy enough that you can put them over a high pile carpet and they still lie flat?
    I'm not sure how to characterize the pile of the carpet. Medium?

The mats are very heavy though and do lie flat. (They say that the 3/4"x4'x6' mats are around 100lbs.) When you first lay them down, there's a fair amount of squish to them. There's still some squish now after having been down for nearly a year, but I don't really notice it. There's a noticeable indent around the plate tree and around the Ironmaster stand. I can post photos of this if there's interest.

I only have about 3/4 of the flooring covered but I don't notice any change in sound.

I got the Smith up on the matting and added a couple more squares over on this side.

I bet it doesn't look much different but this entire side is now covered 2 deep instead of just some of it 1 deep.

Give me estimates on how much cash I can get for that Trotter Shoulder press and I will throw it up on Craigslist. I am thinking a starting asking price of $500 even though thats a little high and see what kind attention that gets. It weighs a ton and is in great shape.
    Nothing is impossible.

I only have about 3/4 of the flooring covered but I don't notice any change in sound.
    Yeah, now that I see what the floor underneath the mats looks like, I can see why there's not any difference.

Those mats look good though. Are you planning on putting in more or is that it?

Yeah, now that I see what the floor underneath the mats looks like, I can see why there's not any difference.

Those mats look good though. Are you planning on putting in more or is that it?
    I plan on getting at least one more to finish off the side right in front of the smith.

Then all of the floor on that side past the smith machine is for a treadmill and an elliptical so I don't plan on putting matting under those. I like having the strip of floor down the middle and have plans down the line of making a short turf strip for prowler/dragging type stuff. I know it is a short distance but could still be functional. 36-40 feet from door to door.
    Nothing is impossible.

I like having the strip of floor down the middle and have plans down the line of making a short turf strip for prowler/dragging type stuff. I know it is a short distance but could still be functional. 36-40 feet from door to door.
    Ooh... That'll be cool.

I just started my hunt for a new commercial grade flat bench. Do you guys have any suggestions of things to consider when deciding which one to buy. I just missed my dream bench on craigslist because I hadn't decided to upgrade yet. Looked heavy duty and had plate storage off of the sides too.

Looked just like this

I am hoping someone will just want to trade me straight up for my trotter shoulder press.
    Nothing is impossible.

Everyday I'm Muscling eternalprimate's Avatar
    eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gym is lookin sick Brah!! You've put in a lot of hard work and it shows. Hope business starts boomin for ya!
    IIFYM/IF Crew.
    R.I.P. Zyzz - Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My thoughts on your two issues:

1. That trotter bench may be built like a tank, but I have a very hard time thinking you will get $500. I had a beautiful Hammer Strength military with the optional weight storage and it took me months to sell it for just $250. Now your market is probably better than mine, but if you get a good offer and you really want to replace that piece I would take it, never know when your next offer will come on a piece like that.

2. Bench - for the bench it is nice to have weight storage. It would be great to be able to use bands with it, but that is going to be difficult to find buying a bench used. My real advice on the bench purchase would be to find one that you feel is comfortable. You could spend $1,000-$2,000 buying the best bench on the market but if once it gets there the height of the bench feels off you will never love that bench. I have had numerous stand alone benches from a cybex one that seriously was only maybe 10 inches off the ground (I did not even know they made super low benches until I got this one) to icarian, hammer strength, everything you can imagine. The Sorinex one I have now is the best bench I think I have ever owned. If you find a nice used one, try it out, if you like it buy it. Try to avoid getting caught up in the hype of any certain brand as no one bench will fit everyone properly.

This is a pretty decent bench even though there is no weight storage (you can usually figure out a way to add storage to most benches and I have seen this one with storage) and if you could talk them down to $200-$300 you might be pretty happy with it:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/2856996004.html

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since you are using your facility for training others, there is one thing you might want to give some thought to. The lip of rubber may be a tripping point as people walk along the pre-existing floor. If you put in a turf strip, you might want to make it match w/the rubber just for liability purposes.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    For a bench press there are a few things I would look for:

This one has everything but the big 2 I would want are the spotter steps and the face guards.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    My thoughts on your two issues:

1. That trotter bench may be built like a tank, but I have a very hard time thinking you will get $500. I had a beautiful Hammer Strength military with the optional weight storage and it took me months to sell it for just $250. Now your market is probably better than mine, but if you get a good offer and you really want to replace that piece I would take it, never know when your next offer will come on a piece like that.

2. Bench - for the bench it is nice to have weight storage. It would be great to be able to use bands with it, but that is going to be difficult to find buying a bench used. My real advice on the bench purchase would be to find one that you feel is comfortable. You could spend $1,000-$2,000 buying the best bench on the market but if once it gets there the height of the bench feels off you will never love that bench. I have had numerous stand alone benches from a cybex one that seriously was only maybe 10 inches off the ground (I did not even know they made super low benches until I got this one) to icarian, hammer strength, everything you can imagine. The Sorinex one I have now is the best bench I think I have ever owned. If you find a nice used one, try it out, if you like it buy it. Try to avoid getting caught up in the hype of any certain brand as no one bench will fit everyone properly.

This is a pretty decent bench even though there is no weight storage (you can usually figure out a way to add storage to most benches and I have seen this one with storage) and if you could talk them down to $200-$300 you might be pretty happy with it:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/2856996004.html
    I assumed I was asking way to much for the Trotter. I saw that bench listed that you posted and am considering it. I am fairly certain I have used that same exact bench before when I went to OSU, it was in the RPAC facility.
    Nothing is impossible.

I picked these up a while ago and don't really have a need for them. I am going to throw them up on craigslist but just wanted to make sure they weren't some special rare plates or something.
    50 pound plates
    Attached Images
    Nothing is impossible.

Got a new toy today. Currently I have KB's in 30, 35,40,45 and have found that for some of my smaller clients, 30 is too heavy to learn proper form and mechanics. My girlfriend loves skulls so I thought I would surprise her with this 26 pound Iron Skull Fitness KB. I know these probably aren't everyone's style but I love it. It is flat black and has a flawless smooth finish. Shipped out of Ohio priority mail and missed the attempted delivery on the second day so picked it up this morning from the post office on day 3.
    Nothing is impossible.

MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDSP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dude thats badass
    I Rep Back Always... or do I?

Awesome photo.

There was a skull bell thread here last year.

oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oldskooler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice skull bell.

I just took a loook at the older thread and I saw people bring up the issue of the skull face being an issue clanging into your wrist. I just messed around with some snatches with the round side and the skull side contacting my wrist and couldn't tell any difference. If they weren't so expensive I would buy the whole set.
    Nothing is impossible.

Saw that matrix posted this in another one of his threads so I thought I would throw it in here. This may give you guys a better idea of the space I am dealing with and how everything is laid out. I have never tried to imbed a video before so this may not go so well.

Nothing is impossible.

Core strength, engage. DoubleOvertime's Avatar
    DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleOvertime will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very cool man. Keep at it.
    Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right! ~ Henry Ford

Measly reps on sight for armed forces personel. Thanks for your service.

Body Solid Calf Block just came in today. Took a break from blasting my calves to post this. I love the rounded side. It takes away any of the normal ankle and feet pain I get doing heavy raises.

Nothing is impossible.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been doing some more research on the split sleeve bar you have. I'm more certain that it is a York bar, and it probably was made between 1974 and the early 1980's.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    I've been doing some more research on the split sleeve bar you have. I'm more certain that it is a York bar, and it probably was made between 1974 and the early 1980's.
    I appreciate that AttyGuy. Is a York bar from that time period special for any reason. I hated it at first but it is my go to bar when I lift now. Looks rugged and old school.
    Nothing is impossible.

Girlfriend called me today and asked if she should buy a "bar that you stand inside with handles to the sides" from Good will. She was referring to a trap bar. So after getting picture confirmation that it was an olympic trap bar I gave her the go ahead to pick it up along with 4 45 lb olympic plates. The bar was 25 and the plates were 10 bucks each. I never would have thought good will would sell quality gym equipment.

Picture from good will I got
    Nothing is impossible.

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Do you have any specific resource you use to find information about bars and plates? I would love to learn more about them.
    Nothing is impossible.