Closed Thread
Page 144 of 269 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 8051
    Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Supreme617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If Im on my way to becoming a personal trainer shouldnt I be able to design my own workout regime instead of picking one thats already establish?

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mchase2 View Post
    I am about to start the FD/FS workout routine for two weeks as it recommended. But it's very low reps and high weight. I have been told from many experienced lifters that to turn on the hypertrophic switch and gain mass you should go for lots of reps with relatively light weight. I want to gain mass and weight. Will it work?
    It is possible to gain size when running a routine with low reps and high weight (i.e. a strength routine). I would recommend something like Rippetoes SS or babylover modified SS. Both are tried and tested and you can make gains provided a caloric surplus is also present.

Originally Posted by Lawlstud View Post
    Ah damn, I am doing the same thing. I am at 205 lbs 6'1 wit bf% of roughly 24. But I do want to build strength ( i dont want to be a bodybuilder, i just want to look good naked ;D ) So is it fine if I keep up doing babylovers strength training while being in a deficit as long as long as im eating protein? Also thats another thing, so I need about 175 grams of protein a day? whats some food very rich in protein taste isnt an issue for me ill suck it up for now until I explore more foods thatll work. I am ordering this whey protein really as a meal replacement and was wondering if its a solid brand?

Whey protein-amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Double-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326745802&sr=8-1
    Creatine- amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Creatine-Powder-Unflavored/dp/B002DYIZEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326745823&sr=8-1

And the rest im just going to pick up from GNC but was wondering if those 2 are solid. Also I feel like I should pay you, do you have a paypal I can donate too?

Also is this glucosamine any good?
    .amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Strength-Glucosamine-375-Count/dp/B002RL8FD4/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1326746055&sr=1-1
    You can definitely run babylovers SS whilst cutting, yes. You should endeavor to boost protein consumption to minimize any muscle tissue loss. Strength programs work better when in a caloric surplus, however IMO, they are definitely beneficial for cuts as well. It is usually possible to somewhat maintain strength levels during a cut when a strength program is also run.

I would aim for about 175 grams of protein per day. You can consume more than this if you feel the need to. Protein rich food sources include, but are not limited to:
    Tuna
    Salmon
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Red meat (lean cuts are always good when trying to maintain a caloric deficit)
    Whey supplements
    Eggs
    Milk (skim milk or full cream is fine, IMO)

I wouldn't use it as a meal replacement. Use it to fill in any gaps in your diet. Focus on food first, supplements second. ON is a very reputable company and I highly recommend them.

Don't go to GNC if you can afford not to. Buy from this site/shop around online. You can usually get much better deals than from GNC.

No need to pay me anything

Yeah, that looks to be o.k. As I said, shop around before buying and check online retailers. There are some good deals to be had if you're willing to take the time to look.

Hope this helps, mate!

Originally Posted by Supreme617 View Post
    If Im on my way to becoming a personal trainer shouldnt I be able to design my own workout regime instead of picking one thats already establish?
    I suppose you could. Then again, using an established, tried and tested routine saves you a great deal of trouble experimenting. Rippetoes SS, babylovers modified SS, madcows 5x5, stronglifts 5x5, PHAT (among many others); all these programs have shown time and again decent results.
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) insane45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can i mix my creatine with my protein shake in the blender? Or should I put the scoop of powder in my mouth and then drink my protein shake? Heres what i mean.
    youtube.com/watch?v=8xrSfuUhhqs

Also, When are the best times to take the creatine for the 4 times a day for 5 days? And its ok if i mix it with milk if i put it in my protein shake?

Ectomorphgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This may sound like a stupid question, but I need help with the Dashboard. I'm still used to writing everything down on a notebook. Once I found I could do an online version, I was happy because I do a lot of erasing. On the lifting stats, it says I entered 139 (I wish I could lift that much now!) when I entered 100lbs instead. I keep reentering the stat to 100 to fix it but that's not working. Does it involve the amount of reps I've entered? This may seem obvious to some of you but I'm still stuck with using a notebook.
    Problem?
    :7

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by insane45 View Post
    Can i mix my creatine with my protein shake in the blender? Or should I put the scoop of powder in my mouth and then drink my protein shake? Heres what i mean.
    youtube.com/watch?v=8xrSfuUhhqs

Also, When are the best times to take the creatine for the 4 times a day for 5 days? And its ok if i mix it with milk if i put it in my protein shake?
    It is absolutely fine to mix your creatine into your protein shake.

You don't have to load creatine if you don't want to. All it will do is allow you to reach the saturation point faster. Simply taking 3-5g per day in a single dose is fine.

Originally Posted by Ectomorphgains View Post
    This may sound like a stupid question, but I need help with the Dashboard. I'm still used to writing everything down on a notebook. Once I found I could do an online version, I was happy because I do a lot of erasing. On the lifting stats, it says I entered 139 (I wish I could lift that much now!) when I entered 100lbs instead. I keep reentering the stat to 100 to fix it but that's not working. Does it involve the amount of reps I've entered? This may seem obvious to some of you but I'm still stuck with using a notebook.
    If you entered in 100lbs and then changed the reps to greater than 1, it will automatically calculate an estimate of your 1 rep max. This is why it is listed as 139 rather than 100. It has given you a rough estimate of your 1RM.

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok, stupid it is.

So if I had a Siamese twin and one of us shot and killed someone, how would 1 go to prison and the other go free?
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

theBuilder94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey, if been building for about 8 months now im not gaining as much as i would like, im just wondering what im doing wrong on MONDAYS: legs/shoulders WEDNESDAYS: back/biceps FRIDAYS: chest/triceps i take protein shake (muscle growth GTE) before and after and take multi vitamins, fish oil tablets daily im usually at the gym 90mins a session. soon i am going to start taking creatine before the gym and start taking protein before bed (nitetime protein) and glutamine after workouts

thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by theBuilder94 View Post
    hey, if been building for about 8 months now im not gaining as much as i would like, im just wondering what im doing wrong on MONDAYS: legs/shoulders WEDNESDAYS: back/biceps FRIDAYS: chest/triceps i take protein shake (muscle growth GTE) before and after and take multi vitamins, fish oil tablets daily im usually at the gym 90mins a session. soon i am going to start taking creatine before the gym and start taking protein before bed (nitetime protein) and glutamine after workouts

thanks for your time.
    Chances are, one or more of the following three areas is lacking:

diet
    rest
    training

Make sure your getting an adequate amount of calories which hit your macronutrient requirements. Make sure you're training in an efficient and effective manner. Make sure you're getting an adequate amount of rest each night i.e. 8hrs as a ball park figure.

You do not have to take a protein shake immediately post workout provided you have not been training in a pre-fasted state. Meal timing is also essentially irrelevant in terms of it's affects upon body composition. Therefore you don't really have to eat every 2-3 hours or 6+ meals per day.It can help if you need to consume more calories, though. Glutamine is also a waste of money. Use that same money for food, more whey, multis, fish oil or possibly some beta alanine to stack with your creatine. Stacking creatine with beta alanine has been suggested to be more beneficial than using just creatine alone.

Quick reply on my behalf!

Hope this helps, mate!

TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheOneil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenever I do dumbbell chest fly, there's always a clicking noise in my shoulder. I did warm up and use light weight before doing the real sets and the sound is bothering me. There's really no pain but could this lead to something worse? joint problems? Thanks in advance

MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...odid=978&sid=0

yay or nay ?
    90g serving contains 72g protein.

Also, how important is it to warm up before starting your workout ?

Hayde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sup guys, I'm 19 and I'm new here. I've been weight lifting for about a month and I'm able to curl just over 12kg on each arm. Is this okay for my age?
    Also i'm 5'8" and weigh about 135 lbs.

quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10) quadristan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've heard programs like Starting Strength are good for off season sports training, but what about in season? Do I continue with my program or will that interfere?

kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Finally joining a proper gym next week. Want to start to do a little stretching routine probably before I go to bed and when I wake up. What are say the best 6 stretches to do if im going to be doing babylovers? I have searched but it seems there are loads of contrasting opinions... I'm very unflexible in my lower body and probably upper too... when i try and touch my toes i get about a quarter way down the shins.

ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheOneil View Post
    Whenever I do dumbbell chest fly, there's always a clicking noise in my shoulder. I did warm up and use light weight before doing the real sets and the sound is bothering me. There's really no pain but could this lead to something worse? joint problems? Thanks in advance
    Clicking sounds are very common. If it doesn't hurt, it is fine.

Originally Posted by MrMagic123 View Post
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...odid=978&sid=0

yay or nay ?
    90g serving contains 72g protein.

Also, how important is it to warm up before starting your workout ?
    Yay.

VERY important. It pumps blood to the muscles and joints and primes your CNS to fire correctly.

Originally Posted by Hayde View Post
    Sup guys, I'm 19 and I'm new here. I've been weight lifting for about a month and I'm able to curl just over 12kg on each arm. Is this okay for my age?
    Also i'm 5'8" and weigh about 135 lbs.
    No one really cares about how much you curl. People care about squat, bench, and deadlift. But i suppose a 12kg curl is "okay".

Originally Posted by quadristan View Post
    I've heard programs like Starting Strength are good for off season sports training, but what about in season? Do I continue with my program or will that interfere?
    If your diet is in check and if you aren't fatigued from the actual sport, you can do it.

Originally Posted by kookies1 View Post
    Finally joining a proper gym next week. Want to start to do a little stretching routine probably before I go to bed and when I wake up. What are say the best 6 stretches to do if im going to be doing babylovers? I have searched but it seems there are loads of contrasting opinions... I'm very unflexible in my lower body and probably upper too... when i try and touch my toes i get about a quarter way down the shins.
    Best upper body and lower body stretching routines out there IMO.

Agile 8: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/we...-a-631289.html
    Simple 6:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxr6xAB5ZM
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

The Region

kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kookies1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you very much, any favourites that aren't so reliant on a foam roller? Don't have one yet

ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kookies1 View Post
    Thank you very much, any favourites that aren't so reliant on a foam roller? Don't have one yet
    You can use a baseball or another hard ball.
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

The Region

theBuilder94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by N4J4R View Post
    Chances are, one or more of the following three areas is lacking:

diet
    rest
    training

Make sure your getting an adequate amount of calories which hit your macronutrient requirements. Make sure you're training in an efficient and effective manner. Make sure you're getting an adequate amount of rest each night i.e. 8hrs as a ball park figure.

You do not have to take a protein shake immediately post workout provided you have not been training in a pre-fasted state. Meal timing is also essentially irrelevant in terms of it's affects upon body composition. Therefore you don't really have to eat every 2-3 hours or 6+ meals per day.It can help if you need to consume more calories, though. Glutamine is also a waste of money. Use that same money for food, more whey, multis, fish oil or possibly some beta alanine to stack with your creatine. Stacking creatine with beta alanine has been suggested to be more beneficial than using just creatine alone.

Quick reply on my behalf!

Hope this helps, mate!
    thanks alot mate for your quick reply, should i take creatine daily.

Originally Posted by theBuilder94 View Post
    thanks alot mate for your quick reply, should i take creatine daily.
    It is fine to take creatine daily.

fodzy93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I understand that it is key to have a long recovery time after each workout, but say i went to the gym at 10-12 lastnight, and i have the day off and want to go now at 9am or 10am.. would my body and mindset be performing my excercise differently than if i waited until 10pm like the night before?

MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ForGreece View Post

Yay.

VERY important. It pumps blood to the muscles and joints and primes your CNS to fire correctly.
    Cheers, will order that stuff now.
    And how exactly do you go about warming up ?

Also, when doing certain exercises, when I put the bar down on the floor and stand up straight, I get shooting pains in my back, for only like a couple of seconds, this normal?

AAAAAND, do you recommend I buy any other products such as cod liver oil ... for my joints or whatever ?
    Last edited by MrMagic123; 01-18-2012 at 12:58 PM.

DejanGP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im sorry, but i need to ask. Im new on forum and i would like to be active member on this forum. I would like to start transform body. Im now 1 m 80 cm, and 87 kg. Could you write my something to start, link to some good topic for begginers and other. ( Only exercise i was doing is pull ups, i can do about 20 - 30 and thats it ). Sorry for my bad english.

Originally Posted by fodzy93 View Post
    I understand that it is key to have a long recovery time after each workout, but say i went to the gym at 10-12 lastnight, and i have the day off and want to go now at 9am or 10am.. would my body and mindset be performing my excercise differently than if i waited until 10pm like the night before?
    If you work a different muscle group, you will be fine as long as you got enough rest for that bodypart. If you plan on working the same bodypart you did the night before, your mindset and body would not be ready.

Originally Posted by MrMagic123 View Post
    Cheers, will order that stuff now.
    And how exactly do you go about warming up ?

Also, when doing certain exercises, when I put the bar down on the floor and stand up straight, I get shooting pains in my back, for only like a couple of seconds, this normal?

AAAAAND, do you recommend I buy any other products such as cod liver oil ... for my joints or whatever ?
    Here is a good article on warmups: http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3404

And fish oil would be best.

Originally Posted by DejanGP View Post
    Im sorry, but i need to ask. Im new on forum and i would like to be active member on this forum. I would like to start transform body. Im now 1 m 80 cm, and 87 kg. Could you write my something to start, link to some good topic for begginers and other. ( Only exercise i was doing is pull ups, i can do about 20 - 30 and thats it ). Sorry for my bad english.
    Read all of the stickies at the top of each forum.
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

The Region

gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10) gillG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much percent of leg width do hamstrings make up(ex triceps make about 85% of your arm give or take if your proportionate)

S94FREEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S94FREEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S94FREEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S94FREEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S94FREEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S94FREEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S94FREEMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Help me get big

Okay. Im 17 years old and 5'5". I weigh 148 now and have put on 10 lbs of muscle since August. I've gotten stronger all my lifts going up. But I want to know if I'm on track with normal muscle gain or if yall think I need to change something up. I started out with a upper/ lower split and now use a five day split. switching programs every 10 weeks. I get 8 hours of sleep and have a balanced diet. I'm currently taking nitro ncg preworkout , creatine, and monster mass. I want to get to 170 and still be cut am I on the right track or can I do something to speed it up?

Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robb92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Stupid question...

So if someone says for example ..
    'me and a couple others at my school benched 205 at 135 pounds'
    What does the 205 mean? I understand that they benched 135 pounds, but don't get what the 205 stands for.
    Silly question!

Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ironbound27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Do deadlifts on upper body day, or lower?

2. Whats the difference between strength training, and muscle building training? I know for strength its about 5 reps, and muscle building is 6+. I just want my lifts to go up on a consistent rate, what should I be doing here? Thanks!

Originally Posted by gillG View Post
    How much percent of leg width do hamstrings make up(ex triceps make about 85% of your arm give or take if your proportionate)
    To be honest, I don't think you should overthink 'how much of your leg hamstrings make up'. Just worry about developing all muscle groups proportionately. Don't neglect training hamstrings. They will help with many different lifts.

Originally Posted by S94FREEMAN View Post
    Okay. Im 17 years old and 5'5". I weigh 148 now and have put on 10 lbs of muscle since August. I've gotten stronger all my lifts going up. But I want to know if I'm on track with normal muscle gain or if yall think I need to change something up. I started out with a upper/ lower split and now use a five day split. switching programs every 10 weeks. I get 8 hours of sleep and have a balanced diet. I'm currently taking nitro ncg preworkout , creatine, and monster mass. I want to get to 170 and still be cut am I on the right track or can I do something to speed it up?
    IMO, you should aim to gain about 0.5-1lb per week. Sounds like you've been making progress which is always good. What are your current lifts?
    You could look into stacking bet alanine with your creatine. Studies suggest that stacking beta alanine with creatine is more beneficial than using creatine alone.

Originally Posted by Robb92 View Post
    Stupid question...

So if someone says for example ..
    'me and a couple others at my school benched 205 at 135 pounds'
    What does the 205 mean? I understand that they benched 135 pounds, but don't get what the 205 stands for.
    Silly question!
    I think you've gotten a bit confused bro. What they mean is the following:
    Weighing 135 pounds but benching 205 pounds.
    This is actually quite an impressive amount of weight for the bodyweight. I'd like to see a video though just in case they're frauding or using sh!t form haha

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Ironbound27 View Post
    1. Do deadlifts on upper body day, or lower?

2. Whats the difference between strength training, and muscle building training? I know for strength its about 5 reps, and muscle building is 6+. I just want my lifts to go up on a consistent rate, what should I be doing here? Thanks!
    1. Personally, I'd do them on a lower day

2. Proven strength training programs will ALWAYS give better strength gains than a hypertrophy based program. It is still possible to put on some size whilst running a strength program. Strength programs also tend to have you benching and squatting more times per week than your traditional hypertrophy setup. If you're looking to increase your lifts, get on a proven strength program. Depending on how new you are to lifting, there are a few programs to choose from:
    Rippetoes SS and babylovers modified SS are both solid choices for beginners
    Madcows 5x5 is great for intermediates. There is also an advanced version of this.
    The list goes on...

Hope this helps, mate!

Glenbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is 16 a good age to start gym ?

apd25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need guidance for workout program

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could produce me a rough workout plan, or guide me in how to. I weigh 140 pounds and I can bench press 140 just to give you a rough idea of my strength. Usually when I go to the gym I do a pair of muscles like triceps and biceps or shoulders and legs and perform exercises that others suggest on the Internet. My goal is to gain overall strength and size. I have been reading up lately and have been seeing how alot of people are emphasisng the importance of planning.
    Thanks

forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) forestopher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I want to gain size and strength. What program should i do? and should i switch to a cutting program afterwards?

Closed Thread
Page 144 of 269 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... LastLast