Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ibuprofen-does it hurt your gains or anything like that???

I'm still getting over a cold, so i decided to take some ibuprofen tonight, to help w/ my cold.

My thigh which was sore as hell feels fine now. My question is can you pop a few iboprofen for a few days after a super hard workout/injection or anything like that to help w/ the pain, or would it mess w/ your gains.

I mean i know the obvious "you'll build an immunity to it, and if you get sick the pills won't have the same effect" but i'm willing to risk that...just would like to know if it has any negative effects on bodybuilding.
    MOD @ www.anabolicminds.com

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I believe there was a study done a while ago that showed NSAID limited protein synthetisis in lifters.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by RippedUp
    I believe there was a study done a while ago that showed NSAID limited protein synthetisis in lifters.
    Bump on this.

I remember reading this somewhere too.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ditto...

juiceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juiceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juiceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juiceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juiceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juiceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juiceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in Muscular Development, they had an article saying to never take it during or after a workout, as it almost stops protein synthesis. So i would imagine it would at least lower it alot when not working out too.
    RONNIE COLEMAN! 5 TIME MR. OLYMPIA, haha i love the jealousy of everyone. OOO hes pregnant, awww why dont you cry some more about it?

ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ya i read the same thing in MM that any NSAIDS will slow down protein synthesis as well. try to eat alot more, take more vitamin C, and choose your times wisely if you still want to take ibuprofen
    Thermolife International | Driven by Excellence | When Quality Meets Innovation

"Friends come and go but 200lb will always be 200lb." - Henry Rollins

dodgeee-O has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Learn something new everyday....... Thanks for the info!

Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    does this go for everything or just ibuprofin?

such as tylenol/advil, etc?
    MOD @ www.anabolicminds.com

ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i know ibuprofen for a fact, and anti-inflamitories. i would just be on the safe side and take like a tylenol in the morning and work out at night. take loads of vitamine c bro.
    Thermolife International | Driven by Excellence | When Quality Meets Innovation

"Friends come and go but 200lb will always be 200lb." - Henry Rollins

Location: Gym, School, Computer...or homes of assorted females
    Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Jonblaze639
    does this go for everything or just ibuprofin?

such as tylenol/advil, etc?

The study was done on ibuprophen and acetaminophen , and basically what the study was, was that when 5 or 10 athletes took either the maximin dailt intake of either ibuprophen or acetaminophen, and performed 10 sets of heavy leg extentions, their post-workout protein synthesis (muscle building) did not increase, and the control group (group not taking anything), their post workout protein synthesis increased 73% or somthing like that.

That was in Muscle Media in the beginning of this year or end of last year, I cant find my issue of it. But that was the article that interested me the most.

Ever since then I have taken OTC pain killers/anti-inflamatory drugs maybe like 3 times total in the past year.

LG.
    I Eat...
    I Sleep...
    I Lift...
    and Then I Save Lives

My Rules
    My Pool
    My Park
    You dont like it...get the hell out!

Lifeguards Rule

For all homebrew Prohormone and information needs go to http://www.************.com

********FREE YJ!!!********

slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    great post, i had no clue. my coworker recommended advil for my back injury, good thing i didnt have any.

Registered User StevenBallin247's Avatar
    StevenBallin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    say if you take advil for a day or something cause i turned my ankle... how long does the effect of lowered/stopped protein synthesis last? Like a day or so?

Location: Gym, School, Computer...or homes of assorted females
    Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marine2472002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by StevenBallin247
    say if you take advil for a day or something cause i turned my ankle... how long does the effect of lowered/stopped protein synthesis last? Like a day or so?

it doesnt effect proteins synthesis all that long...only as long as the drug is in your system....

so if you take the crap for, say, 1 day.....it might slow protein synthesis for about 1.5-2 days.

LG.
    I Eat...
    I Sleep...
    I Lift...
    and Then I Save Lives

My Rules
    My Pool
    My Park
    You dont like it...get the hell out!

Lifeguards Rule

For all homebrew Prohormone and information needs go to http://www.************.com

********FREE YJ!!!********

Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Of Golf is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Ibuprofen-does it hurt your gains or anything like that???

Originally posted by Jonblaze639
    I'm still getting over a cold, so i decided to take some ibuprofen tonight, to help w/ my cold.

My thigh which was sore as hell feels fine now. My question is can you pop a few iboprofen for a few days after a super hard workout/injection or anything like that to help w/ the pain, or would it mess w/ your gains.

I mean i know the obvious "you'll build an immunity to it, and if you get sick the pills won't have the same effect" but i'm willing to risk that...just would like to know if it has any negative effects on bodybuilding.

See if you can get your Doctor to give you something stronger than Ibuprofen (like Darvon or ********). Narcs will help with the pain, and you won't have to worry (hell, you won't care) about protein synthesis.
    Doc

Mod @ Muscle Chemistry
    Vet @ Body Building Central
    Disclaimer - Dr of Golf in no way promotes the use of androgenic/anabolic steroids and/or any prescription drug without an authorized physician's prescription. All of my comments, questions and/or referrals are striclty for entertainment purposes only!

Jason Scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This info

"Sports Research Update" reiterates the fact that painkillers like Advil (ibuprofen) and Tylenol (acetaminophen) both raise prostaglandin levels and interfere with synthesis of skeletal muscle protein. It's starting to be old news, but worth repeating since so many people pop these like breath mints every day."

Can be found on and expanded upon in the Muscle & Fitness — March 2002.

I attached some stuff I found on a textbook so if you are interested to find out a bit more look at it, it is not very clear but its good enough.

It also says the the life of the drug is 4 hours, so I imagine as long as you take this 4 hours from meal or workouts there would be no problem.

There are two enzymes forms of Cycloclooxygenase, COX-1 and COX-2 these are both blocked by Aspirin and NSAIDs, this enzyme is what is needed for the biosynthesis of prostaglandis which is the problem. There is also a new drug that only blocks COX-2, I do not know if this one would eliminate the problem since it is not blocking both forms. Vioxx by Merk.

Jay
    Attached Images
    I Weight Lifted... Then I learned... Now I bodybuild....

Yet again, It's On Boeee!

jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im pretty sure that i herd that ibuprofin/anti-inflamatories thin your blood. would this affect you in any way??? I can remember wethere it was anti-inflamatories or acetaminophen that thin ur blood im pretty sure it is the anit-inflamatories.

CEO Molecular Nutrition w_llewellyn's Avatar
    w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000) w_llewellyn is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Ibuprofen-does it hurt your gains or anything like that???

Originally posted by Dr Of Golf
    See if you can get your Doctor to give you something stronger than Ibuprofen (like Darvon or ********). Narcs will help with the pain, and you won't have to worry (hell, you won't care) about protein synthesis.
    Percs contain acetominophen in addition to the oxycodone. Not too many of the readily dispensed Narcs come without NSAIDS of some sort. I get a script for Vicoprofen for my back, which is hydrocodone/ibuprofen. I hate to take that ****, and at times when I'm using it regularly I definitely feel it interferes. Although I must admit that I have made progress while taking them 2-3 times a day as well, but it seems notably slower than without.

BTW- The quote above is incorrect. They all lower prostaglandin levels, which is the problem.
    Author, ANABOLICS 10th Ed., Sport Supplement Reference Guide
    Director of R&D, Molecular Nutrition, LLC

MOLECULAR NUTRITION: We have reworked the standard model of muscle growth and EFA supplementation with the discovery and release of Arachidonic Acid (X-Factor).

Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gene is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes, pain killers such as ibuprofen suppress the synthesis of prostaglandins.

Trappe, T.A., Fluckey, J.D., White, F., Lambert, C.P., & Evans, W.J. (2001). Skeletal muscle PGF(2)(alpha) and PGE(2) in response to eccentric resistance exercise: influence of ibuprofen acetaminophen. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 86, 5067-5070
    No one ever says, "It's only a game" when their team is winning.

slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by jimsp
    im pretty sure that i herd that ibuprofin/anti-inflamatories thin your blood.
    your refering to asprin.

windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) windwords7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats the solution then? So we cant take standard pain reliever W/O hurting our progress. What alternatives are there for things like headaches, etc.

There are some natural anti-inflams but I don't know by which mechansim the work and if it would cause a similar problem.

What CAN we do now that we know what we CAN'T do without negative consquences.

Originally posted by windwords7
    Whats the solution then? So we cant take standard pain reliever W/O hurting our progress. What alternatives are there for things like headaches, etc.

There are some natural anti-inflams but I don't know by which mechansim the work and if it would cause a similar problem.

Don't know the answer to that, however I would like to bring this up.

What do you guys think about the use of an ECA (Aspirin)?. Is this hurting us as well? We do not use that for pain and maybe the dosages are minimal, however it would still act in the same manner I would think.

To JohnBlaze seeming you use that for quicker recovery, (the Ibuprofen) you can always pop em midnight if you awake. Giiven the 4 hour reaction time you should encounter no problems.

Jay

institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by windwords7

i think it all depends on what your priorities are. If you wanna feel pain relief in your lower back spasms which are bothering the hell out of you, or would u rather suck it up and deal with this miserable pain? for me its a no-brainer im going to take my 3-4 advils for instant relieve. i have a history of lower back muscle spasms and i go thru period where i pop 4-8 advils a day for a couple of weeks. and then i will be fine for maybe 6 months and then boom, the same thing (i think i would be better off just dropping my deadlifts,lol). but i have never noticed a difference when taking the advils in my phsique, my strenght levels, my recovery levels or anything for that matter. Im sure scientiffically there is a problem with ibuprofen and protien synthesis, but in a real-life matter i almost feel its a non-issue. sometimes i think we as body builders and health nuts take health matter a litte to litterally.
    ~shhhhh just watch~

Originally posted by Jason Scott
    What do you guys think about the use of an ECA (Aspirin)?
    yeah what about asprin? does that harm protein synthesis also?

Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Psh, painkillers... kidding, good info in these posts guys, thanks.

Originally posted by slipper
    yeah what about asprin? does that harm protein synthesis also?
    According to the studies .. yes.

Jay