Thread: Cutting

uqinsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting

Hello I am starting to cut this week I know I don't have that much muscle mass but it seems my midsection is holding all my fat i did a bodyfat test with a caliper(I know they are excatly correct). I am sitting around 16.5 to 17% bodyfat, thats why I decided to cut I am just worried I will lose muscle mass the little I have. I was wondering if i should do a slow cut like losing 1 lb a week or if trying to lose 2lb a week is okay, I am trying to lose just fat no muscle, Because I am going on R&R in about a month.

I only have pics on my profile, I am on a goverment cpu and I can't upload from here.
    any advise would be appreciated!!!

alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexl53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by uqinsa View Post
    I don't have that much muscle mass
    Bulk, then cut is my advice. You want to look good right, like Arnold sorta? Get bigger then worry about the fat. Can't look good if you have nothing to cut down to.
    "OddLawnGnome: Edit: and one further question, how soon after eating post workout should I drink water? I don't want to accidentally flush all of the protein and such I just ate out of my system."

Of course i want to get bigger but i have done my "bulking" for 3 monthes, and I have a month until i go on leave. I want to cut the fat now so i can look decent I am a little bigger than what i was when i started, I just want to make sure i can lose 1-2lbs a week without losing the little gains i made in the past 3 months. Any advise on that would be nice....Also I am eating tuna and i can't eat it plain I have sweet relish and it has sugar in it i was wondering if the sugar in the relish would really harm my weight loss.

Aces1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem. How much fat do have to gain if I want to be big later without being as fat?

mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by uqinsa View Post
    Of course i want to get bigger but i have done my "bulking" for 3 monthes, and I have a month until i go on leave. I want to cut the fat now so i can look decent I am a little bigger than what i was when i started, I just want to make sure i can lose 1-2lbs a week without losing the little gains i made in the past 3 months. Any advise on that would be nice....Also I am eating tuna and i can't eat it plain I have sweet relish and it has sugar in it i was wondering if the sugar in the relish would really harm my weight loss.
    Excess calories will interfere with weight loss. If youre eating 3000 cals worth of sweet relish, butter or pure sugar while burning 3001 cals, you will not gain weight.

As far as healthy weight loss goes, eat at a deficit of approximately 500 cals.

Okay I will do i am eating around 1600-1800 depending on what we get served at morning and night...I was just worried that the relish would make my body store fat instead of burn it..Thanks for the info