efvmember has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much calorie deficit is best?

I am 5'5'' 120lbs and about 14%(estimate) BF. I am currently on a 1550 calorie diet (maintenance of 15 calories per lb bodyweight = 1800) so currently I have a daily 250 calorie deficit and I lift weights everyday, although I currently do not do any cardio as I don't have much time due to school. So I lose about 1lb a week and I do one refeed every two weeks of 2400 calories (600 above maintenance).
    I eat a 40C/40P/20F ratio diet. about 150g carbs/150g protein/33g fats (mostly omega-6 & 3)

I am trying to get down to a lower bf so I can have a six-pack and I don't know what is the best method to lose the fat. Would it be better for me to lower my daily calorie intake to 1400, lose weight more slowly by eating maintenance calories and losing the fat from only the calories burned from my workouts? I am trying to preserve as much muscle as possible, would it be better for me to try the keto diet?

Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100) Cmazn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Well make sure your eating good calories, which I assume you are and if I was you I would lower your carbs, Maybe to 100-110g, since your still young and have your high metabolism. Also, 200-500 is a good amount of a deficit from your maintenance. I would also suggest make sure you get some sort of cardio in with the time you do have. And REMEMBER, abs are made in the kitchen not gym.

bump

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat 500 under maintenance and burn another 500+ a day with weights/cardio
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

Originally Posted by roybatty6 View Post
    Eat 500 under maintenance and burn another 500+ a day with weights/cardio
    So I should eat 1200 calories a day? Should I drop some carbs and increase protein/fat intake?

icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Below is a link to a thread that contains information on a theoretical paper indicating a maximum fat loss potential of 31 times your fat mass. I like the idea because as you have less fat to lose, you shouldn't be able to lose as much fat as someone who has a higher % bodyfat.

With 120 pounds of body weight at 14%, you should have roughly 17 pounds of fat. According to that formula, you should be able to burn 527 calories a day of fat. The implication is that anything over that will not be from fat. If that's true, anything more than 1lb a week in weight loss should come from lean body mass.

If your goal is to lose as little lean body mass as possible, I would shoot for 1/2lb per week ensuring you're getting enough protein and lifting (in excess of 60% 1RM - Another article)

You can probably get there faster by losing 1lb a week, but if preserving LBM was my primary goal, I'd take the slower route.

Good luck!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...9897051&page=1