lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing the fat-6'4" 264

I hurt my lower back in March and wasnt able to workout for several months. I started back a few months ago and trying to lose fat (stomach, chest area). Ive always been a big guy, played football (offensive line) and wrestled. I seem to always get stuck around the 260-267 range. My diet is ok (i know this is the most importannt part), but i know i what i need to do on this end. I am going to list my workout and would like any feedback, positive and negative, that i can use to better myself. Note: I do the same cardio before and after my workout each day.

Monday-Chest
    Warm-up and cardio: 1 mile on treadmill (between 8-9 minute mile)
    Bench-alternate each week between 10-8-6-4-2 and 5-4-3-2-1 with a drop set after the last set
    (This week I did 5-4-3-2-1, warmed up 225, then 5-255, 4-275, 3-295, 2-315, 1-335, then drop set w/ 225-12)
    Incline-same alternating sets as bench w/ a drop set
    (This week I did 5-4-3-2-1, warmed up 135, the 5-185, 4-205, 3-225, 2-240, 1-250, then drop set w/ 185-12)
    Incline Flys-4 Sets Min.
    Flat Bench Flys-4 Sets Min.
    Machine Flys-3-4 Sets Min.
    Dips-3 x 10
    Cardio: 1 mile on treadmill (between 8-9 minute mile)
    Some type of abs

Tuesday-Back
    Warm-up and cardio: same as Chest day
    Various lower and up back exercises
    Cardio: same as Chest day
    Some Typ of abs

Wednesday-Legs
    Warm-up and cardio: same
    Leg Press:12-12-10-10-10
    Single Leg Press:3 x 10 (each leg)
    Leg Extension: 4 x 10
    Hamstring Ext: 4 x 10
    Cardio: same
    Some type of abs

Thursday-Shoulders
    Warm-up and cardio: same
    Seated Military Press: 4-5 x 10 (plus warmup sets, also alternate reps depending on how heavy I go)
    Bar Raises: 4 x 10
    Up-Rite-Rows: 4 x 10
    Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 x 10
    Machine Flys: 4 x 10
    Cardio: same
    Some type of abs

Friday-Arms
    Warm-up and Cardio: same
    Variuos tricep and bicep exercises

I try to make it one day out of the weekend and run at least a mile or so.

StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StrongVision is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey buddy...i was exactly where u are 3 years ago...i played o-line in college as well 4 years...i weighed 293 lbs.....Let me say that working out an running is insignificant compared to diet.....While liftin helps u gotta eat right.....here is what i did....1800cals a day....40p/35f/25c.....im telling you if you work hard and eat right it will come off....ill show you a pic of me when i was fat so you know im not frauding if u want...screw it im your new coach....PM me whenever you want and ill help you every step of the way becuase i used to be you

nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gla dyou're back form injury and welcome to the fat loss journey. One point to remember, you can't out-train a bad diet. Eat 1800-2000 calories a day (with good amount of protein, preferably close to 1g/# LBM) for the next 4 months and I promise you'll love the results, even if you rarely ever get up off the couch.

Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sundev14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You might eliminate cardio from wednesday(leg day) other than warmup, and involve some high rep squats. The other 3-4 days double your time on the treadmill and keep that HR elevated! Keep carb intake early in the day as best as you can as well. Keep up the work
    USAF - OEF CREW (x2)
    8====> MCC <====8
    Ice Hockey
    Angels - Ducks
    405/510/495
    2011 Deployed Marine Corps Birthday 5k: 20:24
    2013 Deployed Air Force 1/2 Marathon: 2:10:24
    2013 Deployed Feast and Feathers 1/2 Marathon: 1:50:30
    2013 Deployed Pearl Harbor 10k: 45:52

lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lsu10yearplan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nhclone View Post
    Gla dyou're back form injury and welcome to the fat loss journey. One point to remember, you can't out-train a bad diet. Eat 1800-2000 calories a day (with good amount of protein, preferably close to 1g/# LBM) for the next 4 months and I promise you'll love the results, even if you rarely ever get up off the couch.
    yea i know my diet is what is slowing down the results at this point, im trying my best to get back in some type of routine for eating

Originally Posted by Sundev14 View Post
    You might eliminate cardio from wednesday(leg day) other than warmup, and involve some high rep squats. The other 3-4 days double your time on the treadmill and keep that HR elevated! Keep carb intake early in the day as best as you can as well. Keep up the work
    i try to do as much cardio as possible before and after, by the end of lifting weights doing cardio is brutal, especially after working 9 hours and then working out. i may try and incorporate a few minutes extra each day until i reach double time

swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000) swole-striation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How long have you been trying to lose weight?

Your diet is okay? Not good enough make sure it's great or expect to stall

icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To lose fat, all that's needed is a calorie deficit. In other words, focus on your diet. That's what preventing you from losing weight, not how good your workout routine is.

I'm down 93 pounds from my high. I've found that a calorie deficit causes weight loss. Cardio can be used to increase a calorie deficit or burn more calories so you can eat them. Lifting is used to minimize the loss of lean body mass while losing weight.

Throughout my weight loss, I've averaged roughly 75%-80% fat loss which means I lost somewhere between 20-25 pounds of lean body mass.

A few months ago, I read that Intermittent Fasting can increase that percentage to around 90%. As I've only been doing that for a few months and have lost 27 pounds using IF, I can't really tell if that has been accurate for me.

I used to believe that in order to preserve lean body mass, maximum effort was needed on lift days. As such, I structured my lifts to be as heavy as possible using compound movements focusing on 3-4 sets of 3-5 reps. I use full body workouts and train fasted with 10g BCAA. I've been training fasted since I began IF and love it. I've since read that as long as the lifts are in excess of 60% of your 1 rep max, it is sufficient to prevent lean body mass loss. I've kept my workout routine as I've always enjoyed lifting heavy.

Focus on your diet. I'll eat a half pound sandwich of roast beef for lunch and a 1000+ calorie dinner. No snacking. I eat fajitas, filet mignon, tacos, chicken cutlet, General Tso's, teriyaki chicken and pasta.

For the first few weeks, you'll have to weigh everything out. Eventually, you'll find 6-8 meals that you like and know the calorie content of each. Once you do that, plan the meals for the week so you're never without food and don't have to improvise last minute. Rinse and repeat.

When something happens and you don't have food ready, simply go to Boston Market, Pollo Tropical or the supermarket, grab a rotisserie chicken and eat.

I like to do low intensity cardio 4-5 times a week for an hour keeping my heart rate low. I do a full body workout twice a week rotating between incline and flat bench, squats and leg press, stiff leg deads and leg curls, weighted pullups and bent over rows, military presses and lateral raises, weighted dips and close grip bench and hammer curls and straight bar curls.

Keep adjusting your calories or increasing cardio until you're losing 1.5 - 2lbs per week. Do this for 6 months and you should be pushing 200lbs.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice guys, today is the first day ive posted on here in forever. I went to the gym earlier after work and went to warm up on the treadmill and my lower back locked up on me. I hadn't had any problems for the last 2 months working out, now I'm laid up. Hopefully it's just spasms