Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dustyhanshaw View Post
    Have to laugh because you don't know that I DO talk to the top guys including Jay and the only thing I ever hear from them is "Dusty trains hard." That is the real secret. Find what works for YOU and stick with it. Don't think that because a certain way worked for a certain guy that it will work for you too. Examples:

Arnold...hours and hours in the gym...very high volume...WORKED!

Ronnie- Insane weight...questionable form...trained each bodypart twice a week...WORKED!

Branch-Nastiest form I have ever seen...insane weight...insane volume...WORKED!

Jay- High volume...moderate weight (for a man his size)...worked

Yates- Low Low volume...heavy weight...tight form...worked

In other words stop with the mental masturbation and do what works for you. Imagine if Yates had just done what everyone else did...Do what works for you and F the rest.
    PaulSavage just got Dusty Hansh0WNED.
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    srs question. how do you know strict-good form doesnt work better for you than decent form?

srs question - How do you know strict form will work better for Dusty than his current form?

do you REALLY think Dusty hasn't tried 50 diff variations of every single exercise to find what works best? I've only been bodybuilding for 2-3 years, and I've tried a ton and found that "perfect" form doesn't allow me to grow as quickly as mixes of "good" to "sloppy" form on different exercises
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    Please watch Ronnie Coleman, Arnold, Dexter Jackson(dude doesnt even use a free weight squat), Dorian Yates, & Sergio videos.

You have no idea wtf you're talking about.

You're welcome for the neg, you deserved it. Spout off nonsense that makes no sense, get negged. Simple formula.
    I clearly know exactly what im talking about because i predicted he would bring branch warren into the arguement and he did. as for the other things i said. Dorian Yates stated in a seminar that good form was essential for bodybuilding because it allows for the most muscle contraction. Dorian said moving a weight from point a to b is what powerlifters worry about but when it comes to bodybuilding you have to focus on form. Idk why your getting so defensive cuz i respect dusty as a hard working intense bodybuilder but i dont agree with the form. Heres lee priest cracking jokes on form.

skip to 1 minute

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have to laugh because you don't know that I DO talk to the top guys including Jay and the only thing I ever hear from them is "Dusty trains hard." That is the real secret. Find what works for YOU and stick with it. Don't think that because a certain way worked for a certain guy that it will work for you too. Examples:

Ronnie- Insane weight...questionable form...trained each bodypart twice a week...WORKED!

In other words stop with the mental masturbation and do what works for you. Imagine if Yates had just done what everyone else did...Do what works for you and F the rest.
    c'mon man shake it off he's just another troll...

that's some sick back width progress there btw, trying to do the same for my thickness

PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I would hope you do talk to them, and sure, all the different training methods have worked, but only to a certain extent. Branch, load of injuries, Yates, even with tight form, loads of injures. Ronnie, loads of injuries. Fine saying f the rest, but don't f yourself just because you wanna go balls out an lift heavy. Your not being 'more man than the rest' in a way your being less, you think Jay wouldn't like to go balls out and throw monster weights around every workout if he knew it would yield the best results? everybody loves to feel big and strong, but this is not the best way to bodybuild. Have a think about what has happened to countless guys using this style of training, and how the guys who have seen great results would see results doing nigh on anything because of there genetics.

Have you specially asked jay what he thinks of your form? or heath? better yet, go train back with Dorian and see what he thinks. If you can get even 5% of the best all time bodybuilders/trainers to disagree with me, then fair enough. However, if you cannot do that, maybe you should take the ego lifting 'destroyer of iron' mentally down a notch, unless your not arsed about reaching your potential of course. Again, just offering you my opinion.

xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    also, if 6x Mr. Olympia Yates came up to me and told me i had to fix my form but Dusty came up to me and said dont listen to that guy just lift heavy and dont worry about the form. Im gonna listen to Yates and disregard Dusty because of what he accomplished.

PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSavage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TTimmerman View Post
    c'mon man shake it off he's just another troll...

that's some sick back width progress there btw, trying to do the same for my thickness
    Do you know anything about me? anything at all? Your basically saying i am a troll for giving my opinion, this would actually make you a troll. All i am doing is offering an opinion, because in my opinion, it will help if followed through on. Also, I am 100% positive there are literally millions of people in this world that would agree with me. If building muscle was about using a lot of weight with sh*t form, all trainers and athletes would teach/do this. When in reality, the ones that do this are either uneducated, want to impress onlookers, or do it because there genetics allow them to see progress in spite of it.

ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Each to their own, but i like to keep good form with heavy weight, levrone-esque.

Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Canuck77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ResovoirDog View Post
    Each to their own, but i like to keep good form with heavy weight, levrone-esque.
    ^I hear that.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, the "Does this look like my form doesn't work?!" flex or pic et. clearly illustrates that it does BUT I think what the other posters are getting at is, yeah, it may be working but if you tried to isolate the muscle group and focused more on form rather than weight/poundage, you might very well see even better results while taking a lot less risk in regards to injuries.

If you have already tried strict form with less weight and did not see the same kinds of gains, then all the power to you. I think what the poster was getting at was to maybe try and think outside the box a little. At least that is how I took it.

Great vids and physique nonetheless. Good luck at your show, hope you get your card!

Originally Posted by Canuck77 View Post
    ^I hear that.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, the "Does this look like my form doesn't work?!?!" flex or pic et. clearly illustrates that it does BUT I think what the other posters are getting at is, yeah, it may be working but if you tried to isolate the muscle group and focused more on form rather than weight/poundage, you could very well likely see even better results while taking a lot less risk in regards to injuries. If you have tried strict form with less weight and did not see the same kinds of gains, then all the power to you. I think what the poster was getting at was to try and think outside the box a little. At least that is how I took it.

Great vids and physique nonetheless. Good luck at your show, hope you get your card.
    thats exactly what i was trying to say but some people think its like a personal threat to say that and get all defensive and ****.

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PaulSavage View Post
    No, i am not a bodybuilder, don't take steroids and your genetics are no doubt 10 x what mine are..you still wouldn't beat me at my sport anyway, not that it makes any difference. Ask the top bodybuilding in the world what he thinks of your form, or all the past MR 0 winners, or 95% of all the top names, they would say the same thing. The hammer rows for example, your clearly using a lot of tendon and arm strength, why? this is supposed to be for your back. Your throwing the weight using momentum and completely forgetting that your a bodybuilder. It makes absolutely no difference what weight you use in training, your not training to lift heavy weights in the gym. Dorian was and still is well known for training 'hardcore' using immense poundage's, yet if you went and trained with him he would say your form is 'piss poor' and your not getting peak contraction. It's not about shifting tons of iron without purpose, keep it specific. If you drop the weight and do it properly the weights would come back up anyway.

Again, i am only trying to help, if you don't want to pay attention, don't bother.
    so what is your sport that youre great at?

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i really like these vids Vaughn, its good you all keep posting them. He seems really down to earth and realistic, but above all else massive and strong as an ox. not my fav physique, but among my fav BBers do the the vids he keeps putting out.

203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 203mh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you know anything about me? anything at all? Your basically saying i am a troll for giving my opinion, this would actually make you a troll. All i am doing is offering an opinion, because in my opinion, it will help if followed through on. Also, I am 100% positive there are literally millions of people in this world that would agree with me. If building muscle was about using a lot of weight with sh*t form, all trainers and athletes would teach/do this. When in reality, the ones that do this are either uneducated, want to impress onlookers, or do it because there genetics allow them to see progress in spite of it.
    Just stop posting... you sound like a complete idiot. Bad enough you're an unknown telling one of the top amateurs in the world how to train, and you went as far as to saying you know guys who are 285lbs muscle without training...

No wonder why your crediblity on here (And in real life might I add) is below zero.

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It really blows my mind that people with 2-3 years of lifting experience and some Internet knowledge of proper form tell top armatures (and often times top pros) that they are doingitwronglol.

Cuz they they got to where they are by doing it all wrong...

If using 100% "proper form" works for you then that's great. Keep this huge secret to yourself...maybe you'll be on stage beating all these guys using poor form one day.

VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those are some sick machines. I'm jelly. Lol @ the form police. Pro card is in the bag Dusty, you deserve it.

Back From Construction... Hardbody316's Avatar
    Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hardbody316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im not a huge fan of how branch trains but im pretty sure branch warren won the arnold classic and has been second at the olympia..

and i never once thought dusty was anywhere as "crazy" as branch as far as looking like he is working every muscle but what he is training...

ITT a bunch of morons who are taking everything outta context

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOUD NOISES!!!

I love lamp.
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

RIP aziz segeyevich valiantmiller16's Avatar
    valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000) valiantmiller16 is just really nice. (+1000)
    this forum is a fuking disgrace...where do these people come from jesus christ

IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000)

nice way to put it
    ==============
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Down In The Dungeon!

Dorian Yates is Uno Numero - Exclusively training HIT

IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) IronLyfe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xpin2winx View Post
    I clearly know exactly what im talking about because i predicted he would bring branch warren into the arguement and he did. as for the other things i said. Dorian Yates stated in a seminar that good form was essential for bodybuilding because it allows for the most muscle contraction. Dorian said moving a weight from point a to b is what powerlifters worry about but when it comes to bodybuilding you have to focus on form. Idk why your getting so defensive cuz i respect dusty as a hard working intense bodybuilder but i dont agree with the form. Heres lee priest cracking jokes on form.

skip to 1 minute
    my god how does lee get anything done, he was cracking jokes for a good few minutes while under the smith waiting to do presses
    ==============
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Down In The Dungeon!

Dorian Yates is Uno Numero - Exclusively training HIT

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder dustyhanshaw's Avatar
    dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't want to waste to much time arguing what works for ME but with all of the "ask Dorian" what to do posts I figured I would share a shot of Dorian and I taken in his gym AFTER training back together.
    Attached Images

punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500) punkt is not very helpful. (-500)
    Yates used good form = Injuries
    Branch used bad from = Injuries

Whats your fkn point?

dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by punkt View Post

Whats your fkn point?
    So true...and my point when listing all of the different ways guys choose to train is that each of them had a way that worked for them.

Jay- Safe high rep, high volume, tight form...winner...injuries

Ronnie- Insane weight...blah form...twice a week training....winner injuries...

sounds to me like taking your body to an extreme level of development is the most obvious thing that leads to eventual injuries.

Their is a shocker..push the envelop and you might just get hurt...guess that is what happens to freestyle motocross guys too...maybe they should just play it safe and get day jobs:-)

By the way, I know you were not replying to me...

a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Form is relative. yes you can train with picture perfect form and obtain a certain level of mass but I beleive (and most guys who trian DC) believe that a muscle grows from consistant overload while using "decent" form. Once you get to a point where you are grinding out a set with a weight that is so heavy it makes you think you are gonna die by the 8th rep you are not gonna have picture perfect form no matter what you do. Most guys I see training DC usually have a loose but consistant form, it's not totally sloppy but not so strict that it will limit the amount of weight they can manage.

Skip Lacour has a good way of explaining it, I'll have to look for the article it's in later.

Originally Posted by punkt View Post

Whats your fkn point?
    Yates didn't get injuries because he used good form, he got them because he pushed too hard close to shows, doing beyond failure training. It's a combination of going very hard with sloppy form that leads to the most injuries.

Dusty - I (or anybody else) could go train with Dorian and post a pic after training back, that has nothing to with what training works best for me. Hope you have took something in, either way, good luck with your goals.
    Last edited by PaulSavage; 10-11-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Yates didn't get injuries because he used good form, he got them because he pushed too hard close shows, doing beyond failure training. It's a combination of going very hard with sloppy form that leads to the most injuries.

Dusty - I (or anybody else) could go train with Dorian and post a pic after training back, that has nothing to with what training works best for me. Hope you have took something in, either way, good luck with your goals.
    I bolded a point in your post that I agree with 110% and is exactly what I have been saying the entire time but you have been so busy arguing your point you were unable to hear/read it. You said what works best for ME... That is exactly my point. You jumped on here screaming about form and how that what I am doing is "wrong" and your way would be "better"...I would never tell a guy "You need to train more sloppy if you want to grow." They key is what works for YOU may or may not be what works for someone else. I am glad that whether you meant to or not after two pages of debate you can finally see that I was not arguing what YOU should do. I was explaining that what I do works for ME.

Keep training the way you feel best and I will do the same. Hopefully you reach your goals and I know I will.

Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love how guys here can tell which muscles Dusty is contracting and in which muscles he is feeling the contraction just from a video. Yes, Dusty trains every day and during each workout thinks to himself, "Man, I can't feel these reps in my back at all, only my arms and tendons. Oh well!"

ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love how active dusty is being on here, wish more high profile bodybuilders would do the same

antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000) antmun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very bad form, just throwing weights around with no purpose imo. Great way to get injured and not the best way to build muscle.
    This is why most pros don't bother with the forums... Hardcore internet desk jockeys critiquing a future IFBB pro. That's like walking up to a MLB baseball player and giving him pointers on his swing, after analyzing it from the comfort of your couch. Completely baffles me!

I bolded a point in your post that I agree with 110% and is exactly what I have been saying the entire time but you have been so busy arguing your point you were unable to hear/read it. You said what works best for ME... That is exactly my point. You jumped on here screaming about form and how that what I am doing is "wrong" and your way would be "better"...I would never tell a guy "You need to train more sloppy if you want to grow." They key is what works for YOU may or may not be what works for someone else. I am glad that whether you meant to or not after two pages of debate you can finally see that I was not arguing what YOU should do. I was explaining that what I do works for ME.

Keep training the way you feel best and I will do the same. Hopefully you reach your goals and I know I will.
    I did understand you saying this is what works best for you, i read everything you said, i just don't particularly agree. I don't think that style of training works 'best' for anyone, the key word being best, not that it does not work. Going heavy, yes, pushing hard, yes, but in my opinion it is a proven fact that using a lot of weight with bad form will lead to injuries, and of course, as a bodybuilder, it could only take one injury to end your career. Again, good luck with your goals.