Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tuesday/BACK

Writing this entry up a day late. Had some distressing news from home yesterday but all will be well. Parents are getting up there in age and Dad has had a couple of falls recently.He LOVES the outdoors and is VERY active at nearly 90!! Fell outdoors couple wks ago and broke elbow and tore all ligs and tendons in left arm above the elbow. Got that fixed up and yesterday fell again head first and looks as if he was put in a boxing ring. Just can't keep the guy still. He is okay...stitched up and swollen. Will wait to hear more today.Tough Midwesterner for sure! Anyway worked out and feeling better today knowing he is on the mend for sure.

BACK

Widegrip Pulldowns: 3/10/#110 EACH set was followed by a drop set.

Rack BB Rows: 3/12/#165 EACH set was followed by a drop set.

Stiffarm Pushdowns: 3/15/#150 EACH set was followed by a drop set.

DB Rows: 3/10/#50

PullUps FST7: 7/10/#90 Rest interval 45 seconds.

Back Extensions: 3/15/#Bodyweight
    NPA Pro Female Athlete of the Year
    2007 2008
    NPC National Level Qualified Competitor
    IRONVIOLIN1 Youtube channel
    Double-T Sports Femme Fatales

ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wednesday/Shoulders and Traps...Thursday Cardio a.m. and Legs p.m.

Did the usual shoulder and trap workout with basically the same weights but perhaps a few different angles to target certain areas.Can see in the mirror changes happening almost daily...however scale is slow to change.Going to add a few days of BASIC cardio to keep heart in good shape through the dieting and let the body do its thing. Looking forward to legs in a warped way...planning on night out with the girls afterward and discuss upcoming shows etc.We are all in various stages of prep and thinking that good ole Ihop or maybe a less bit greasy spoon is the ticket...can't go wrong with eggs at a chick party!! Fun!
    2007 2008

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry to hear about your Father. Mine's the same - old and stubborn, lol. Have a great leg workout...and a delicious contest talk meal...

Catching up...
    Thanks for checking in Rob. Dad is much better...looking worse the wear but actually in very good spirits and getting around very well.Girls night out talking prep etc. was a blast. On again for this thrs evening.They actually ordered me a turkey burger no bread and a salad. Weight dropped a bit in last few days...lets see... Went up to richmond for Annas birthday and turns out she got engaged same day to boyfriend she has had since she was 14. Grew up in the neighborhood together..too cute and very very happy.She just turned 20...don't know where that time went.WOW!!Enjoy the kids while they are young...sounding like my mother but its TRUE!!!

As far as workouts...they are going very well. Was able to trash the legs using very little time between sets. Same for Arms. Weights are staying pretty much the same. Noticing the body leaning out ...clothes looser etc. but scale not budging too much.On the days I work out with Dan we use same workout plan we always have but on the days I fly solo I incorporate different exercises...less time between sets etc. Perhaps that is an adavantage...keeping the body guessing.

Going to pick up some water today in case the hurricane decides to visit here.I didn't feel the earthquake yesterday but most of the people i visited with did. Anna felt it strongly up in Richmond.Hmm.... maybe the hurricane rains can put out the wildfires in North Caroline. Crazy days that is for sure....
    2007 2008

Wednesday/Delts and Traps

Had two workouts today...the usual exercises and poundage. Trying to stay steady and weather out this summer cold I have. Got hold of the orchestra doc and will pick up a prescription of 5 day Zpack??? I never take meds so hopefully it will work fast and knock this bug out of me.Went to the grocery after final workout and they had no water to stock up on for the possible storm. Will go back in the morning.NPC Va state bbing show here sat... wonder if they will reschedule??? Probably too early to tell. The owner of the gym this evening commented on my trimming down..woohoo! scale hasn't moved much but visually it is a different story...Little by little. Looking for a cross between bbing and figure for condition of this upcoming guest posing gig...will be fun!! Tomorrow is fbbing girls night out...group is two women larger this week..Yeah!!! eggs on tap...and maybe just maybe a pancake...mmmm!Post workout of course!!!
    2007 2008

Crazy...Got the lights back on...

Last week I was able to fit in all workouts before the hurricane visited here.Basic workouts and satisfied with results. Rest of the time was getting ready for IRENE!! Damage minimal...roof needs to be replaced. Small twister visited before Irene's approach...Actually WAY before the worst was supposed to come. I was rethinking staying but glad I did finally decide to stay.Had a few more carbs than i should have during the storm but definately refueled the body.Finished Z pack of antibiotics to fight some lingering respiratory thing.Symphony in full swing soon...

Trying something different for training...will post results if they are positive soon. Weight pretty steady but noticing trimming in waistline area and some more cutting as we go along. Posting chest day here ...today is Back...

Monday Chest

Decline: 3/10/#180 Followed by two drop sets

Flat: 3/8/#115 Followed by two drop sets

Pec Dec: 3/12/#115 Followed by two drop sets

Incline DB Press: 3/10/#55ers Followed by one drop set

DB Pullovers: 3/15/#60

Incline DB Flyes: 7/10/#30
    Above was seven sets with 45 to 60 sec. rest intervals.

Two sessions of cardio 15 min. each moderate pace treadmill.
    2007 2008

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm glad to hear that the storm didn't do too much damage...but still having to replace the roof must mean that it was pretty powerful...at least your safe and sound!

Tuesday-BACK Wednesday-DELTS

BACK

Rack Deads: 1/10/#305
    3/10/#315

DB Rows: 3/10/#50

Pull Ups: 3/12/#90

Widegrip Pulldowns: 3/12/#110

Stiffarm Pushdowns: 3/15/#150

Rack Rows: 3/12/#155

Back Extensions: 3/15/#Bodyweight

WEDNESDAY DELTS

DB Laterals: 3/15/#20
    DB Laterals: 3/10/#25

Standing Low (heavy): 3/20/#30
    Standing High (light): 3/15/#12

Rear Pec Dec: Each set followed by drop set to failure
    3/10/#80

BB Front Press: 3/15/#70 Slow Negatives
    2007 2008

Thursday/ARMS Friday/LEGS

ARMS

Pretty much same workout as always but had much less time to do it so rest periods were cut. Wow!! Makes a difference...great pump and prepped me for evening concert at outdoor venue!

LEGS

Extensions:3/15/#130

Hack Squats: 3/10/#160

Seated Curls: 3/10/#75
    Superset with:
    BB Romanians: 3/15/#115

AFS Leg Press: 3/15/#360

Calves: Baer and Trotter supersets to failure....

Weight:#154
    2007 2008

Wednesday/LEGS

Did another leg workout today even though last one was Friday...couple of changes in the routine...hack squats went up to #180 weight ... New for me...also went back to original leg press loaded with 12 forty-five pound plates...did multiple reps...20, 20 and finally 25 with drop set. Otherwise workout the same, seated crls, Romanians...etc.

Monday and Tuesday were chest and back workouts respectively.Increased weight by 5 to 10 pounds on everything for back....Lighter chest day on Mon. Will work chest harder next week. Seeing more cuts even though weight is slow to move on the scale.

Weight: Solid #155
    2007 2008

Pics time...just sayin...

Thursday/FREE DAY Friday/ARMS Saturday/FREE DAY

I'm still managing to keep routine regular as far as five days on and two off...This week a tad bit of difference. To accomodate Dan's schedule we changed our days off. Weights are pretty much the same depending on any issues we might have ( violin arms...etc) Dan is still nursing his left shoulder from time to time. Dieting is STRICT...I usually carb up about every fourth day...I don't go crazy but I do load a bit and increase my water as I do that. Just enough to keep me happy while prepping. As of today I am 8 wks out from guest pose.

Thanks for popping in Rob...will have to put up some vids on bodyspace soon!! Weather these days is fantastic...Beach is beautiful and life is good.Off to morning coffee and then to the gym this afternoon to build up some delts!!! I love shoulder day!!!
    2007 2008

LESA FOUND HER WAY TO ******** FINALLY!!!!

Have been missing in action a bit lately from the forum..work, dieting my A#$ off and getting in regular workouts.SIX WEEKS OUT--- from showtime. Still full steam ahead to perform the guest posing at Military bbing show. The body is changing now day to day..this is the fun part.Haven't cut out starchy carbs altogether but cut drastically down from previous and liking the result. Still have some energy to get things done.Feeling much better than few wks ago...had some kind of bug..bronchial...etc.Lots of rain here LOTS!!! Yards of Va Bch are growing mushrooms. Have to get to the pain management doc that goes to my gym and get a cortisone shot in my left thumb again. Last one was good for 8 or 9 months.Will be more regular at my journal now that I'm on a roll back to symphony and good health. Today is CHEST!!!! Looking forward to it...
    2007 2008

Saturday/LEGS

Decided to hit legs sat instead of Fri...Rearranged my workouts this past week according to symphony schedule. Still keeping up strength along with losing literally inches of fat. Did a lot of mentally imaging doing rack deads on back day...kept it at #315 for three sets of ten.Yesterday I had a few moments of shutting the eyes to visualize and get through sets. Today the legs are enjoying yesterday's efforts. I love that feeling.

LEGS

Hack Squats: 3/10/#180 Final set with partials to failure

DB Lungewalks: 3/30/#30

Leg Press: 3/20/#540
    Last two sets I had to pause just a couple seconds (broke the pace) to push out five more. TOAST!

Kneeling HS Curls: 3/10/#90

BB Romanians: 3/20/#120

Calves : Various

Headed to suit maker this week to pick out fabric and take measurements...so fortunate to have someone nearby that makes comp suits.Really a Godsend!
    2007 2008

Monday/CHEST Tuesday/BACK

Chest

Decline Bench: 3/180/10

Incline DB Press: 3/10/#45

Incline DB Flyes: 3/12/#35
    SUPERSET WITH
    Pec Dec Flyes: 3/10/#100

DB Pullover: 3/12/#60

Assisted Dip: 3/20/#45

Flat Bench: 3/10/#100

BACK

Widegrip Pulldowns: 3/15/#110

Rack BB Rows: 3/7/#135
    (seven sets with 30 second rest intervals)

Stiff Arm Pushdowns: 3/15/#150

Back Extensions (#25 plate): 3/15/Bodyweight plus plate

Assisted Pull ups: 3/10/#60

Seated Row: 3/12/#110

Cardio: Treadmill moderate....Stepper moderate if there is such a thing on the stepper LOL!
    2007 2008

Wednesday?Delts Thursday/Deadlifts and calves w/cardio

Delts

DB Laterals: 3/12/#25

Standing Low: 3/20/#30 Each set a drp set to #20 to failure

Rear Pec Dec: 3/12/#80

Press: 4/10/#90

jDeads: 3/10/#315

Calves: Various to failure

Traps

DB Drag shrugs: 3/15/#30

BB Shrugs: 4/15/#135

Cardio both days with Stepper...Learning to like it but you didn't hear that from me.LOL!!
    2007 2008

Friday/Cardio Saturday/LEGS

Friday did 50 minutes of cardio...treadmill high incline and stepper..also did CALVES assorted to failure

SATURDAY/LEGS

Will list exercises in order...rest periods between sets shortened greatly...

Leg Extensions
    Hack Squats
    Db Lungewalks
    Leg Press
    Kneeling hamstring curls
    BB Romanians
    2007 2008

Monday/CHEST Tuesday/BACK

CHEST

Just listing exercises...no drop in strength but cutting nicely..

Decline Bench...#180
    Incline DB Press...#45
    Cable Flyes...#60
    DB Flat...#45
    Dips...Bodyweight
    Cardio...Stepper

BACK
    WG Pulldowns...#110
    Stiffarm Pushdowns...#150
    Rack BB Rows...#145
    DB Rows...#45
    Back Extensions..#25 plate
    Assisted Pullups...#60

Cardio...Stepper

Fitting for suits this weekend...WOOT!
    2007 2008

WEDNESDAY/DELTS and TRAPS

DELTS

DB Laterals...#25 each set with dropset to failure
    Standing Heavy DB Laterals (LOW)...#30 Dropsets to #25
    Front BB Press...#80
    Rear Pec Dec...#80 Each set dropset to failure
    TRAPS
    Uprights Rows..#90
    BB Rows...#125 Multiple sets
    DB Drag Shrugs...#30
    2007 2008

THURSDAY/Hamstrings,Calves and Cardio

Kneeling HS Curls...#90
    Seated Curls...#70
    Stiff legged...#55 dumbells
    Back Extension ...(weighted with 25 lb. plate)
    Calves (Giant Sets)...Trotter, Baer, and Donkeiy

Cardio...Stepper

Suit fitting tomorrow morning...fun!
    2007 2008

FRIDAY/DEADS

Went in this evening to do some deadlifting...loved it. Happy that strength is still with me through almost 3 mos. of dieting.

Rack Deads: 5 sets . Ten reps each at #315 lbs. WOOT! WOOT!

Then three sets of Assisted pullups for stretching...had egg whites and beef patty with sliced tomato afterward!!
    Suit fitting in the morning! FUN!
    2007 2008

I've been a bit lazy to say the least about journaling...busy with the symphony and full steam ahead for upcoming competition.Have not missed any workouts...workouts in fact have stayed the same. There has been a slight decrease in strength on my cardio days...yes...cardio. Have worked up to 50 to 60 minutes on the crazy stepper. Actually finding it more comfortable than the elliptical. Think the stride on the elliptical is bad for my knees. I can be a bit more creative with the old style stepper and almost feel as if I've had a leg workout. Bodyweight is hovering between 145 and 148 depending on water fluctuation. Suits are gorgeous that I had made by local woman here. Also a GREAT price. Today is a CHEST workout even though i did some cardio earlier at mid-afternoon. Will make the most of the weights whatever they happen to be. Today's eats Tlapia and asparagus. Delish.
    2007 2008

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS...SHOWTIME IS COMING!!

MONDAY/CHEST

Decline Bench:3/10/#180

DB Incline Press: 3/10/#45

Pec Dec Flyes: 2/15/#115 1/12/#115

DB Pullover: 3/15/#55

Cable Crossover Flyes: 3/15/#60

Flat Bench: 3/10/#100

Unassisted Dips: 3/10/#Bodyweight

Posing practice afterwards.
    2007 2008

Pics please....

PICS/TUESDAY-BACK...WEDNESDAY-LEGS

Morning Rob...Will try to get something up before the show...might be mobile pic for ********....we'll see. There are a couple from two weeks ago on mobile pic section my fb. Will agive you an idea. I think its GREAT you are training Joan for her comp...this Saturday right? Congrats to both of you already. She looks great and so do you from your updates on Bodyspace. You have put on lots of quality size for sure.Will be working posing these last few days and incorporating the violin into the routine...Jimi Hendrix..woot! Loving the suits that were made here by woman named Nanci Burton...she can be found on fb for anyone interested in affordable show suits. Impeccable workmanship.Will also post pic on fb of the suits she made for me. Okay so now time to post the workouts...

TUESDAY/BACK

Went in early in the day for rack deads...felt fantastic but traps were so sore the next day...

4/10/#315 Strength still there after dropping 20 lbs in 3.5 months...Happy girl!

Pulldowns: 3/15/#110

Stiff Arm Pushdowns: 3/15/#150

Rack BB Rows: 4/12/#145

Seated Rows: 3/10/#100

Back Extensions: 3/20/#Bodyweight

Assisted Pullups: 6/10/#60 Wide and narrow grips.

NO CARDIO

WEDNESDAY/LEGS

Leg Extensions: 4/15/#100 Nice warm up

Seated HS Curls: 4/12/#45

Squats: 3/10/#400 Jam'n squats...hadn't done these in awhile and thinking I'm going to be sore..knees didn't want to do Hacks.

Leg Press: 3/20/#540 Last set was a breakdown set...got a little bit noisy...

Towel (lying position) HS Curls: 3/10/? SLOW to counteract pressure by Dan...These suckers are killer! Superset with:
    BB Romanians:3/15/#120 Slow and contraction at top

Calves: Giant sets.
    Trotter Baer and Donkey...all sets to failure.

Cardio: Earlier in the day...50 min. stepper
    2007 2008

The Day After Guest Posing...

Had a great time yesterday at the bbing competition...A long day for all..especially all the competitors..Congrats to all who took part.For me it was a chance to get back to the stage and do some entertaining with Iron and the Violin...A chance to drop a bit of bulk weight...and I have another posing appearance this week...Wednesday evening. I learn more each time i hit the stage...Continued to lift HEAVY right up through...added a wee bit of cardio...not much...only towards the end...found a great suitmaker...great tanning products with a wonderful girlfriend who rocks for getting you tanned to the hilt.Just an all around positive experience. Will post more after this Wednesday's posing extravaganza.Then back to regular workouts and some kicka@# heavy weight!!Cheers!
    2007 2008

Hey Lesa, great to hear you had such a great time with the guest posing. Now do I get my pics?

Smile Guest Posing pics...Comps andall that jazz!!

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Hey Lesa, great to hear you had such a great time with the guest posing. Now do I get my pics?
    Morning Rob...Can't believe I am just now checking in..yikes! Don't know who did the pics for the show but will have to find out. I do have some on my ******** from people's phones etc...you might check them out if you like. Also the gym posing seminar went very well. Informative for people who have always wanted to know more about comps and might be entertaining the thought of stepping on stage one day.Also pulled out the violin for that one to Purple Haze. The whole experience got me going to start trimming up..not to cometition shape by any means but dropped some unnecessary pounds. Will be getting ready for photoshoot end of the month for the symphony and also spring/summer cometitions.The next prep from where I am at now should be easier. Will have to reread this when I am once again in the throes of Tlapia eating frenzy...hmmm. Hope all is well with you and your family...you sure have some beautiful kids. Enjoy..My Anna is newly engaged..still fiddling in Richmond...my how time flies by! Off to the gym today again to get fired up...have a wonderful day! Oh, did deads for you yesterday...4/10/#315 will get that poundage up soon...Big Hugs!Lesa
    2007 2008