cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My gains have stalled.

For the past two weeks, I have been at EXACTLY 164.2. My diet hasn't changed, in fact, I seem to be eating MORE than what I am used to eating in order to try to increase my gains, however, nothing is budging. The other day it fluctuated and the scale read 167.8. My lifts have been getting stronger (seriously, I went from shoulder pressing like 120 lbs to 160 lbs), I increased my bench press by ten pounds, my calf raises are now at 300 lbs, leg press are 200 lbs.... but, I am not GAINING anything. What the Hell?

My diet has been in check. I have been consuming around 130g - 140g of protein, 300g of carbs, and 100g of fat. I increased my protein intake to see if that was the issue, hopefully it works. But, if that doesn't, then what could be the issue? I get like nine hours of sleep every night. I usually go to bed at 2 am - 3 am and wake up at 11 am or 12 pm (summer hours will be coming to an end in five days once school starts).

Do you think the protein deficiency could be the cause of my gain stall? Hope I can get an answer. Maybe it's my exercises, though I can't see that being the case as I switch it up every now and again and I have started working my triceps much harder.

Also, I only started doing leg exercises in the past month or so... so I would think that my gains would be going up, not down. I am used to seeing like two to three pounds every week in gains.

bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When you say you're not gaining anything what do you mean?

You said you were gaining strength
    You said you went from 164 to 167

Youre not going to notice 4 lbs in the mirror
    Loves deadlifting so much want to become coroner

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Calm down, bro. Seriously.

First of all, you weren't gaining 2-3 pounds ever week in muscle. Much of that gain was water, fat, etc.

Second, gains aren't always linear. Sometimes you get small plateaus, whether it be in weight lifted, weight on the scale, etc. If you are still getting stronger, you're doing fine.

Third, if you solely want to see more weight on the scale, eat more. Period.

Lastly, take a step back and don't worry about micro-managing to the Nth degree. Worry more about month-month changes than day to day or even week to week.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Calm down, bro. Seriously.

First of all, you weren't gaining 2-3 pounds ever week in muscle. Much of that gain was water, fat, etc.

Second, gains aren't always linear. Sometimes you get small plateaus, whether it be in weight lifted, weight on the scale, etc. If you are still getting stronger, you're doing fine.

Third, if you solely want to see more weight on the scale, eat more. Period.

Lastly, take a step back and don't worry about micro-managing to the Nth degree. Worry more about month-month changes than day to day or even week to week.
    Well, I definitely appreciate the time that you have all taken out to answer me.

I know it must not have been ALL muscle, hence why the gains have slowed down. Maybe I have tweaked my diet to the point where my body is slowly developing muscle, and not so much fat.

@bob: I said fluctuated. I am now down to 164.2 again.

poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Calories in > calories out = weight gain

Calories in < calories out = weight loss

I'm having trouble gaining weight this summer myself though. I blame the heat... It just doesn't feel comfortable to stuff myself this time of year -- I think fall and winter are much easier times to bulk...

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If your lifts are going up that should be your primary concern. Lifts going up and weight not changing much = lean mass. I don't know what your goals are but judge how you are doing by the work you are getting done in the gym, not so much by a scale.
    Pennsylvania State University Alumni: Nutritional Sciences