BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back at 43. Need advice.

Hi everybody. Well, I'm coming back after five + years away from the gym... long story. I finally made the commitment to start up again and paid for my membership at a local gym the other day.
    At 43... any general advice on what supplements would be beneficial for somebody in their 40s? Thanks.

amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amber11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    as a neewbe all you need is whey protein a multi and fish oil start off light and increase the wight every session after a few months of doing this your workouts will be a lot harder and you might want to look into taking a pre workout for the hardest workouts like back and legs

BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BackAt43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi Amber. I said I was coming back after a layoff of 5 + years. I don't know if that makes me a newbie or not, but I tend to think the latter.
    I tend to think protein supplements are great and I do happen to take a fish oil pill every day already. Is there anything else you can offer? Being that you're only 17..... I don't think you understand how a 43 y.o. body works, but thanks anyway.

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BackAt43 View Post
    Hi everybody. Well, I'm coming back after five + years away from the gym... long story. I finally made the commitment to start up again and paid for my membership at a local gym the other day.
    At 43... any general advice on what supplements would be beneficial for somebody in their 40s? Thanks.
    Make sure your diet is in check as diet is more important then anything else....People have been losing wieght and gaining muscle long before supplements were even around

good luck
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanadianKush is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well if your not a newbie then you should know all about diet, protein intake, macros, etc. if not head over to the nutrition section. anyways heres some you should take not including fish oil since your already taking it. :

whey: myofusion, up 2.0, trutein, big blend
    multi: id go with orange triad because it has joint support and being that your 40 you probably have worse joints then someone that is younger.
    creatine: cbol, green bulge/mag, trinitine, orotine or any creapure monohydrate. if your looking to not spend much money go with mono or green mag. preferably green mag. if you have the money go with cbol.
    beta alanine: sns beta alanine or the cheapest beta alanine you can find.

you could also get a test booster if you'd like. i reccomend bioforge v3 or bulk DAA.
    Boxing
    Dutch Kickboxing/Muay Thai

weight: 145/173/152

Rest In Peace Alex James Williams aka wygdwicfy.

[QUOTE=CanadianKush;738692873]well if your not a newbie then you should know all about.....

That's why I made sure I stated for SOMEBODY IN THEIR 40s. I'm sure my body has different needs at 43 than I did in my 20s and 30s.

I have already been taking a muti-vitamin and fish oil pill.
    I used whey protein and a micronized or monohydrate creatine - whichever it was, back in the day.

Joint support... I know I can use now. I thought about Glutamine supplementation.... I think that's what it is.

We'll see. I'm still in the "planning stages".

Originally Posted by amber11 View Post
    as a neewbe all you need is whey protein a multi and fish oil start off light and increase the wight every session after a few months of doing this your workouts will be a lot harder and you might want to look into taking a pre workout for the hardest workouts like back and legs
    I forgot to mention, Amber... I used to LOVE back and legs days most. I did some seriously heavy bb shrugs and deadlifts back then. I also enjoyed killing myself at the squat rack... My only fear is... at this point, I might kill myself. LMAO I've had 2 hernia operations in my early 30s and I actually fear a (left) hip replacement is in my future - one day. Then there is the matter of my left shoulder, which isn't aligned properly.... which always killed my bench press or overhead presses.... At 43, I may actually start to feel human, which i wasn't accustomed to back in the day.

tjoakland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tjoakland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tjoakland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tjoakland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm coming back at age 48 and I know how ya feel man. I started back using very light weights, doing sissy workouts. Keep it simple and be consistant. It comes back quick. 4 months back, after a 5 year layoff and I'm anazed at the progress I'm making. I also have a herniated disc, a metal plate with 7 screws in my ankle and dhoulder injuries, tendinitis in both elbows and I'm kicking ass in the gym! I train around my injuries, being careful to warm up, and use a lot more machines now instead of heavy barbells and dumbells. Take flax oil, fish oil, CLA and plenty of high quality protein and carbs. Plenty of water too. Arm's back to 18" again. Good luck.

BAD2824 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back at 43 is not that big of a deal because it sounds like you were hitting it pretty good at one time. Muscle memory is still there. . I am 42 and never really have taken time off. Whats your overall goal. Are you looking to throw some weights around for a bit to get back into and then start to bulk or get ripped. General supps you already are covered. A couple of things that seem to help me is a take multi and fish oil in the moring with breakfast(oatmeal) I take BCAAs in between lunch and dinner and a preworkout Jacked3d(grape bubblegum). After my workouts weather its am or pm I make a shake of whey, creatine and Gener8 Vitargo. I've also used Animal pump. If you don't mind taken 10 pills at once I like the results. Big thing as you might know at our age diet is almost more important than the workouts. It still comes down to home much you put into it. My two cents. Good Luck.
    Moderation in discipline equals failure

michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000) michaelopinion is just really nice. (+1000)
    test boosters are usually aimed towards males around your age range. take a look at testopro or DAA.
    UCSB

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Add some saw palmetto. Don't take any high does fast acting calcium supps(heart burn type stuff). Keep cholesterol under 300 mg a day.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”

need to move faster! tooslowandfat's Avatar
    tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooslowandfat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get some green mag/creatine mono, white flood v2, and bioforge !
    :)

URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE=BackAt43;739325473]
    Originally Posted by CanadianKush View Post
    well if your not a newbie then you should know all about.....

That's why I made sure I stated for SOMEBODY IN THEIR 40s. I'm sure my body has different needs at 43 than I did in my 20s and 30s.

I have already been taking a muti-vitamin and fish oil pill.
    I used whey protein and a micronized or monohydrate creatine - whichever it was, back in the day.

Joint support... I know I can use now. I thought about Glutamine supplementation.... I think that's what it is.

We'll see. I'm still in the "planning stages".
    For joints I would suggest animal flex and cissus (primaforce)

A vitamin would be beneficial but I would highly suggest learning about a proper diet first. Honestly don't waste your money on anything just yet until you get your diet in check...unless of couse you have joint discomfort then go with the aforementioned ones.

Also, one wonderful thing that I do every year and it is fully covered by insurance, is get a "Male Physical". They hook up an EKG, do blood work to test my testosterone, kidneys, liver and god knows what else. This will allow you to make more educated decisions about supplements and your diet.
    For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
    -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by tjoakland View Post
    I'm coming back at age 48 and I know how ya feel man. I started back using very light weights, doing sissy workouts. Keep it simple and be consistant. It comes back quick. 4 months back, after a 5 year layoff and I'm anazed at the progress I'm making. I also have a herniated disc, a metal plate with 7 screws in my ankle and dhoulder injuries, tendinitis in both elbows and I'm kicking ass in the gym! I train around my injuries, being careful to warm up, and use a lot more machines now instead of heavy barbells and dumbells. Take flax oil, fish oil, CLA and plenty of high quality protein and carbs. Plenty of water too. Arm's back to 18" again. Good luck.
    Damn, bro.... you sound worse than I do. lol I did forget to mention that I also have 3 compressed vertebrae in my neck.

Originally Posted by BAD2824 View Post
    Back at 43 is not that big of a deal because it sounds like you were hitting it pretty good at one time. Muscle memory is still there. . I am 42 and never really have taken time off. Whats your overall goal. Are you looking to throw some weights around for a bit to get back into and then start to bulk or get ripped. General supps you already are covered. A couple of things that seem to help me is a take multi and fish oil in the moring with breakfast(oatmeal) I take BCAAs in between lunch and dinner and a preworkout Jacked3d(grape bubblegum). After my workouts weather its am or pm I make a shake of whey, creatine and Gener8 Vitargo. I've also used Animal pump. If you don't mind taken 10 pills at once I like the results. Big thing as you might know at our age diet is almost more important than the workouts. It still comes down to home much you put into it. My two cents. Good Luck.
    Thanks a lot for your input. I want to get back the strength and size I had from my 20s to @ 35. I'm not really interested in being ripped, per se.

[QUOTE=URBANSK1;739516673]
    Originally Posted by BackAt43 View Post

Also, one wonderful thing that I do every year and it is fully covered by insurance, is get a "Male Physical". They hook up an EKG, do blood work to test my testosterone, kidneys, liver and god knows what else. This will allow you to make more educated decisions about supplements and your diet.
    Haha.... trust me, I get my physicals and blood work, etc. I'm pretty cool with all of that stuff, although my cholesterol could go down a bit.