Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: muscle tone

anthony394 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question muscle tone

is there any certain workouts that help muscle tone, low/high reps, long/short breaks, slow or fast repetitions, isometric exercises? anything, what i'm aiming for is not mass i want more tone now. i follow i pretty good diet with almost all protien and carbs

dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in order to achieve muscle tone you have to do 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps of very heavy weight. thils will make your muscles denser, in turn making your muscles more toned. many people believe in the "high rep" muscle tone bull**** but thats completely wrong. and make sure to be in a weekly calorie deficit so you can shred that fat to reveal your muscles under the fat, that is the MAIN thing.

DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1) calorie deficit

2) dietary fat is not directly related to body fat

ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReMeX2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anthony394 View Post
    is there any certain workouts that help muscle tone, low/high reps, long/short breaks, slow or fast repetitions, isometric exercises? anything, what i'm aiming for is not mass i want more tone now. i follow i pretty good diet with almost all protien and carbs
    Lol you mean you want to lose fat? Do the same routine as you billed nd eat 500 calories under maintenance. That will get your muscles "tones"

Originally Posted by ReMeX2 View Post
    Lol you mean you want to lose fat? Do the same routine as you billed nd eat 500 calories under maintenance. That will get your muscles "tones"
    i don't want my body to think im starving lol which happens if you go 15% under maintenance. but no i don't mean fat i mean actual muscle tone. soo high weight 5 sets?

DaKkyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKkyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaKkyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice work bud. Keep it up! You have a long road ahead of you just like myself. Stay dedicated to a healthy life
    ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

Height: 6'0
    May 2009: 298 pounds
    July 2011: 200 pounds

MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i don't want my body to think im starving lol which happens if you go 15% under maintenance. but no i don't mean fat i mean actual muscle tone. soo high weight 5 sets?
    Please tell me exactly what muscle tone is.

NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NWDub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it's all about body fat
    yolo
    tuf

graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what i'm aiming for is not mass i want more tone now
    If you spend all of your time thinking about what could have been, much more than what is, you eventually realize that what is could have been much more.

thanks dakky, and muscle tone isn't the density or how well you can see it its how flexed your muscles stay in a "resting state". and what i want is to have how far they are flexed to be higher, which i have no idea how to do lol

MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiderSpaniel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks dakky, and muscle tone isn't the density or how well you can see it its how flexed your muscles stay in a "resting state". and what i want is to have how far they are flexed to be higher, which i have no idea how to do lol
    How well your muscle stay 'flexed' in a resting state? Do you not the the contradiction there?

ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Listen.

Muscle tone = low body fat percentage. There is no such thing as toning your muscles through specific weight lifting workouts, or rep ranges.

If you want your muscles to be 'toned', you're going to need to lower the amount of fat you have. You do this by lowering your calorie in take. Around 500 calories under your maintenance number = 1 pound lost per week.

Lift hard, eat right (500 under maintenance), and sleep a lot.

Read these threads too: (remove spaces in http)

h ttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
    h ttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471

mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrdeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MiderSpaniel View Post
    How well your muscle stay 'flexed' in a resting state? Do you not the the contradiction there?
    ITT Someone actually, for the first time in history, correctly uses the term 'muscle tone' for what it actually means, and nobody realizes it and completely ignores him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_tone

Every muscle in your body is constantly semi-contracting a percentage of its fibers, and this percentage varys heavily from person to person and can change over time. Having low muscle tone is characteristic of muscular disorders, high muscle tone is generally healthier.

Edit: That being said, theres pretty much no visible difference between high and low tone, no well known way of developing true tone, so trying to specifically work out for it is still retarded.
    Got a question about anything related to (legal) drugs/chemistry/biology? PM me.

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I put the "Worst thread of the week" tag in the other thread asking about abs or something

I'm changing this thread to Worst Thread of the Week.

time to cancel your account sir.
    be a lot cooler if you did

Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post
    I put the "Worst thread of the week" tag in the other thread asking about abs or something

I'm changing this thread to Worst Thread of the Week.

time to cancel your account sir.
    thats true jake your body thinks you are starving. it doesn't really harm you but when it does it stops making testosterone for that period, which i don't want.

Registered User NoobBuilder1231's Avatar
    NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoobBuilder1231 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If ur muscles are denser they won't show more btw....

ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProBB123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thats true jake your body thinks you are starving. it doesn't really harm you but when it does it stops making testosterone for that period, which i don't want.
    1) You are wrong.

2) I doubt you know more than jake, or any other forum regular for that matter. (no nut hug).

kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dragonman6 View Post
    in order to achieve muscle tone you have to do 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps of very heavy weight. thils will make your muscles denser, in turn making your muscles more toned. many people believe in the "high rep" muscle tone bull**** but thats completely wrong. and make sure to be in a weekly calorie deficit so you can shred that fat to reveal your muscles under the fat, that is the MAIN thing.
    Genius.
    Beginners, read:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=660236753&posted=1#post660236753

dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragonman6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kapsemaj View Post
    Genius.
    thanks man, i believe my answer is what this dude is looking for.

then what are the benefits of low weight high reps??

4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think you can change your muscle tone consciously, unless you flex them all the time. I usually wake up with little to no muscle tone at all, and looking in the mirror in the morning makes me depressed, but in the evening, I'm like bodybuilding, yeaaaahhhhhh!!! It's funny. You can workout in the morning to pump that blood in your muscles as soon as possible, and maintain circulation through the day. Other than that I've no idea.

Endurance.

4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000) 4evaBulkan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Increase in lactic acid production, bad DOMS, exhaustion of ATP, etc. Plus your sarcomeres remain intact. No benefits as far as I can see.

Originally Posted by ProBB123 View Post
    Endurance.
    yeah this. but dont expect to tone up with high rep low weight...itll never happen.

EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50) EpyonCustom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're probably referring to hypertrophy, which is in the 8-12 rep range. That increases the fluid levels in your muscle cells, which increases your muscle size.

sarcoplasmic hypertrophy? makes your muscles bigger but not stronger

Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Porschy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dragonman6 View Post
    yeah this. but dont expect to tone up with high rep low weight...itll never happen.
    finally repped u :P

do i do the same thing with abs? they are built differently than other skeletal muscles

do i do the same thing with abs? they are built differently than other skeletal muscles
    do high reps for abs

Originally Posted by Porschy View Post
    finally repped u :P
    thanks brahhhh