Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    I stand corrected to a degree.

Then again, lets get real about it....do u put Kendrick ANYWHERE near Lance or Phelps or Usain???? How many olympic golds or world championships does he have?

Thats sort of another thing working againt Americans. Look at Kendrick. With our info-media obsessed country, dude already thinks he's a star. Look at his website...."King of the platform"

I aint downing the guy but if I was his coach id set him down and say "dude, u wouldnt make 3rd string on most eastern euro teams, you aint quite ready to call yourself the king"

instead our lifters blog every workout etc etc, lol

any American who did in weightlifting what Phelps, Armstrong, or Bolt have done would see the same $$$ rewards
    He's not yet on par with those others, but I wonder what kind of sponsorships phelps had going into the olympics...

And I don't think that he thinks he is a star, his king of the platform stuff seems to just be his campaign to get noticed. I mean Jon North signs everything "north 2012" and claims to be #1 at every given opportunity, I think its just their personal ways to get hyped up and motivated enough to keep doing what they are doing. Kendrick has the potential to break the C&J WR if he gets his act together.
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by slowman41 View Post
    . Kendrick has the potential to break the C&J WR if he gets his act together.
    True dat. And if he could bring his snatch (I know.. lol) up to par with international lifters, that would even be better.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)

any American who did in weightlifting what Phelps, Armstrong, or Bolt have done would see the same $$$ rewards
    Nonsense. We had two women win Olympic gold, and they didn't get jack. Hayworth got to be on Letterman, but that was about it.

Sure the men would get some more exposure and sponsoring, but nothing like those guys.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wasn't going to comment on this, but it just bothers me.

Why is it that a basketball player can be cocky but not a weightlifter? Farris is the best 85 lifter on 2 freaking CONTINENTS!!! Try to wrap your mind around that for second.

Can you really tell from some blog posts that he has given up trying to improve? Do you really think he is clueless as to what his world competitors are lifting? Is it really best that we all just walk around with or heads down feeling like sh!t constantly? Is that really what the #1 lifters did until they became world champions?
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    I wasn't going to comment on this, but it just bothers me.

Why is it that a basketball player can be cocky but not a weightlifter? Farris is the best 85 lifter on 2 freaking CONTINENTS!!! Try to wrap your mind around that for second.

Can you really tell from some blog posts that he has given up trying to improve? Do you really think he is clueless as to what his world competitors are lifting? Is it really best that we all just walk around with or heads down feeling like sh!t constantly? Is that really what the #1 lifters did until they became world champions?

there is a lot of space in between having your head down and having it in the clouds. Self proclaimed greatness rarely works out

I hope he does what he has proclaimed:

"USA WEIGHTLIFTING IS IN NEED OF SOME SWAGG AND I WILL DELIVER!!!"

"“My goal is to leave a mark on the sport. I have numbers that I plan on hitting and I want them to be so ridiculous people don’t even try to attempt it. "

--------------------

btw, u mention basketball. same thing goes IMO. I hope for his sake that Lebron actually does become the messiah he is proclaimed to be
    Last edited by John Prophet; 07-08-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    "Humility comes before honor"

Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

btw, u mention basketball. same thing goes IMO. I hope for his sake that Lebron actually does become the messiah he is proclaimed to be
    If nothing else I have a lot more respect for players like Ray Allen or Kevin Durant than I do for LeBron even if he is a great player.

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there is a lot of space in between having your head down and having it in the clouds. Self proclaimed greatness rarely works out

"“My goal is to leave a mark on the sport. I have numbers that I plan on hitting and I want them to be so ridiculous people don’t even try to attempt it. "

--------------------

when did he say this?

edit: found his twitter, he updates that thing like he is a teen age girl, ****.
    Last edited by BongoBanger; 07-08-2011 at 02:38 PM.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BongoBanger View Post
    when did he say this?

edit: found his twitter, he updates that thing like he is a teen age girl, ****.
    2nd quote from here http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/new...d-record/36213

People getting hype on gym lifts? wow. Hitting it in comfy surroundings on a good day with everyone worshipping u is one thing, counting on hitting it in the heat of international competition is another

Im 44, ill act my age and bite my tounge. I wish dude best of luck

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2nd quote from here http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/new...d-record/36213

People getting hype on gym lifts? wow. Hitting it in comfy surroundings on a good day with everyone worshipping u is one thing, counting on hitting it in the heat of international competition is another

Im 44, ill act my age and bite my tounge. I wish dude best of luck
    Pretty much my position in all this!!! I'm 38, and I know exactly what you mean about acting my age!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    weightlifting at the top tiers is as much mental as it is physical. He has a winning attitude, and exudes confidence in himself. imo, that is necessary to do the best.
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    weightlifting at the top tiers is as much mental as it is physical. He has a winning attitude, and exudes confidence in himself. imo, that is necessary to do the best.
    This ^

Mental, mental, mental.

ok.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

--------------------

Yes John but he also has said some great things......Farris continued: “I want to be a trailblazer for the next generation. I want them to look at my performance and believe they can do the same thing. We have a lot of power within and if you believe, you can tap into it.”
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Yes John but he also has said some great things......Farris continued: “I want to be a trailblazer for the next generation. I want them to look at my performance and believe they can do the same thing. We have a lot of power within and if you believe, you can tap into it.”
    yeah, saw that. Im going to drop it, lol. too old for ebattles over my beliefs and others beliefs

nothing I will lose sleep over in any case

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Americans: Shut the hell up and start lifting.

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
    Americans: Shut the hell up and start lifting.
    Can be elaborated to learn the right technique and start lifting. Strength is made with heavy squats and pulls, technique is developed with light weights, technique is applied to heavy weights.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jcameron28 View Post
    Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Tad higher. Tad higher. You got it. Got it. Got it. Got it. Chin down. Nice. Nice. Nice.