Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paul_Rockey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Client with Scoliosis

I am having trouble training this client. I have put her through basic strength training, but she said that her back is making her feel super wiped out afterwards and preventing her from feeling the energy that she should.

I looked at NASM'S OPT model, and they said you should start with this...

<i>"Stabilization Endurance Training should be used for beginner-level clients who may possess muscle imbalances, lack postural control and stability. This phase is crucial for all individuals no matter their goals as it prepares them for the higher demands of training seen in phases 2-5. Although this phase is the first phase of training in the OPT Model, it will also be important to cycle back through this phase of training between periods of higher intensity training seen in Phases 2 through 5. This will allow for proper recovery and maintenance of high levels of stability that will ensure optimal strength and/or power adaptations. This phase of training focuses on:

Increasing Stability
    Muscular Endurance
    Improving Flexibility
    Increasing Neuromuscular Efficiency of the Core Musculature
    Improving Inter-muscular and Intramuscular Coordination
    The primary focus when progressing in this phase is on increasing the proprioception (controlled instability) of the exercises, rather than just the load"</i>

My boss suggests the same. What's a good routine to perform this (give me specifics), and how can I help my client get a good workout with her condition?
    NSCA CSCS, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on severity. I've written about this several times, search for my previous posts on this topic.