Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoreKnees is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Economics
    Accounting
    Finance
    Architecture
    Law

OP pls go
    I hate squatting!

Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Physics/Economics major here

The first is hard as hell.

2nd is difficult or easy depending upon where you go. At the grad level the difficulty gets ramped up to that of a difficult science. You pretty much NEED a math degree.

mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mszczep1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I got a double degree from Maryland in Accounting & Finance. Wasn't too bad to be honest, but there were a lot of opportunities to do things such as case studies and competitions which were a lot more challenging.

Plus, I passed the CPA relatively easily which from what I hear, is one of the hardest certifications to get out of any major cert. Additionally, when you're in finance/accounting or business in general, you HAVE TO hold leadership positions in groups, take multiple internships, volunteer for case studies/fellowship programs in order to get a good job, not like many major where you simply need to get good grades.

CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Guys, need some help here:

Some background info: Failed first semester because I never went to class. Learned my lesson. With help from advisor/school I have calculated that I can still graduate with a 3.7 GPA in 4 years or an even higher one in 5 or 6 years, depending on my major. The only important class I failed was Calc A, which I now have an A in. All other classes were just chosen to fill in my schedule since I wanted an easy first semester/transition to college...ironic.

Currently planning on being a Mechanical Engineer major (MEC). I can manage this in 4 years but it means working my ass off everyday really. Or I can do this in 5 years, I'll still have to work extra hard but not as hard as if I were to do this in 4 years. If I continue a MEC major, it means I need a 3.0 in all my beginner math and science classes in order to be accepted into the major. Having some difficult with Physics since I missed a couple classes + lecturer isn't very good but I can't afford anything less than a B- so I'm catching up/studying daily. Math classes shouldn't be a problem. I've planned out every coming semester and my anus is prepared. If I follow this path, the area I would choose in MEC is Mechatronics. Don't plan on going to graduate school as of now if I follow this path.

I also have an interest in philosophy. So, I am able to change majors to Pure Mathematics/Philosophy double major. This road is clearly much easier than the one above. I've also planned out my semesters for this scenario and they require a lot less amount of work. I'll be graduate in 4 years while not having to stress + worry about grades all the time. In a good position with one of my philosophy professors (never went to class at the beginning, started reading the required texts, realized it was interesting, went to midterm, got an A, only 19% of class had As, 15% had Fs. He was surprised/proud/mirin'). Said he'd offer insight on which teachers are best in the philosophy department. Plan on going to graduate school for Math if I follow this path.

Overall goals:
    Decent or above average income - enough for me to be able to get my family into a decent house a couple years after graduating/paying debt
    Acquire decent car
    Enjoy life/live comfortably
    Prefer a job that deals with math/physics (Math/MEC majors)
    Interested in both mathematics and mechatronics

Can't make up my mind. I have about a week to decide really since a MEC intro class is only offered in fall and it would change my whole schedule. I register for classes in 2 weeks. Help guys?

exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CriticalDip View Post

Some background info: Failed first semester because I never went to class. Learned my lesson. With help from advisor/school I have calculated that I can still graduate with a 3.7 GPA in 4 years or an even higher one in 5 or 6 years, depending on my major. The only important class I failed was Calc A, which I now have an A in. All other classes were just chosen to fill in my schedule since I wanted an easy first semester/transition to college...ironic.

Currently planning on being a Mechanical Engineer major (MEC). I can manage this in 4 years but it means working my ass off everyday really. Or I can do this in 5 years, I'll still have to work extra hard but not as hard as if I were to do this in 4 years. If I continue a MEC major, it means I need a 3.0 in all my beginner math and science classes in order to be accepted into the major. Having some difficult with Physics since I missed a couple classes + lecturer isn't very good but I can't afford anything less than a B- so I'm catching up/studying daily. Math classes shouldn't be a problem. I've planned out every coming semester and my anus is prepared. If I follow this path, the area I would choose in MEC is Mechatronics. Don't plan on going to graduate school as of now if I follow this path.

I also have an interest in philosophy. So, I am able to change majors to Pure Mathematics/Philosophy double major. This road is clearly much easier than the one above. I've also planned out my semesters for this scenario and they require a lot less amount of work. I'll be graduate in 4 years while not having to stress + worry about grades all the time. In a good position with one of my philosophy professors (never went to class at the beginning, started reading the required texts, realized it was interesting, went to midterm, got an A, only 19% of class had As, 15% had Fs. He was surprised/proud/mirin'). Said he'd offer insight on which teachers are best in the philosophy department. Plan on going to graduate school for Math if I follow this path.

Overall goals:
    Decent or above average income - enough for me to be able to get my family into a decent house a couple years after graduating/paying debt
    Acquire decent car

Can't make up my mind. I have about a week to decide really since a MEC intro class is only offered in fall and it would change my whole schedule. I register for classes in 2 weeks. Help guys?
    Go for engineering! It'll pay off.
    benis in ur angus

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)

Overall goals:
    Acquire decent car

Just came here to say you need to rethink a job/graduate degree in Math if you failed Calc A.
    Doesn't matter how good your excuse is, the people continuing on to graduate degrees in Math all got A+ on Calc A on their first time/skipped it. But more power to you if you can somehow turn around failing Calc into a graduate degree in Mathematics then one day tell students on how you failed.
    Misc Strength Crew

K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K41N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Accountancy and Law.... BS thats easy...
    Just keep trollin.

CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CriticalDip is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    Just came here to say you need to rethink a job/graduate degree in Math if you failed Calc A.
    Doesn't matter how good your excuse is, the people continuing on to graduate degrees in Math all got A+ on Calc A on their first time/skipped it. But more power to you if you can somehow turn around failing Calc into a graduate degree in Mathematics then one day tell students on how you failed.
    Do you think it'll really matter if I end up with As on all my other math courses, especially the more difficult ones?
    I only failed my first semester because I never went to class/midterms/finals. I didn't fail because I did bad on a test I took. After beginning the semester I didn't feel college was where I was supposed to be because of some family issues/personal issues that I rather not discuss online... so I was an idiot regarding my decisions.
    I ended up learning the material in 3 weeks though and it's showing in my current Calc class. Math is what I'm best at, I easily understand it and not just the formulas but the theory behind why math is what it is.

Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ITT: The reason why the humanities are dying, and why there will be way too many engineers and business majors looking for a job in 10 yrs.

Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000) Fire8085 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jaroctor View Post
    ITT: The reason why the humanities are dying, and why there will be way too many engineers and business majors looking for a job in 10 yrs.

No, there are a lot of people wanting to be astrophysicists, but the drop out rates are

astronomical

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you think it'll really matter if I end up with As on all my other math courses, especially the more difficult ones?
    I only failed my first semester because I never went to class/midterms/finals. I didn't fail because I did bad on a test I took. After beginning the semester I didn't feel college was where I was supposed to be because of some family issues/personal issues that I rather not discuss online... so I was an idiot regarding my decisions.
    I ended up learning the material in 3 weeks though and it's showing in my current Calc class. Math is what I'm best at, I easily understand it and not just the formulas but the theory behind why math is what it is.
    No, I'm trying to tell you the difficulty of the course you took is ridiculously easy compared to what you're in for in a Math undegrad let alone graduate degree. Soon multivariable calc will come and the fail rates are the same but this time only the kids who did well in first year calc will have taken it. So take it step by step and decide your future as you go. You might not like higher level math/not be good at it.

But of course if you can somehow pull off As in the subsequent math courses then go for it. I'm just saying, from my experience, the guys that do well in higher level math courses were the ones complaining that first year calc was 'an easy A+' and 'i did this stuff in grade 10-11'. You will have a mind=blown expression if you talk with the top students in Math and realize how easy they found scoring 100% on the exam most people failed.
    Misc Strength Crew

They also learned the stuff when it was taught and took the exams.
    What I'm saying: I didn't do anything in my first semester. My day was wake up, lift, games, sleep... Never went to math class so I had no idea what was being taught anyway.
    At the end of the semester, I taught it to myself in 3 weeks and I'm getting an A in it now... after starting to go to class. I'm not sure you understand me.
    It's as if I didn't go to college my first semester and I'm actually starting out now except I have a mark on my transcript saying I have a 0 my first semester.
    Would you say someone who started college late will have a difficult time passing future math courses cause he didn't take it when everyone else was taking it?
    Only reason I couldn't take AP Calculus in high school was because I took a Robotics course in 9th grade and it interfered with my later courses and the advisor didn't think I'd get all the credits needed for graduation... turns out I could've taken it since I had 2 classes senior year but my advisor still said no. wtfman.jpeg Would've ended up with a 5 on that AP exam, shiet.

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mrawdtsi View Post
    yes, my comp sci degree was a cakewalk.
    Or my geography degree specializing in GIS.

sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000) sinfiery is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by barbarian_ben View Post
    Average LSAT scores:

1.Mathematics/Physics160.0 .
    2.Economics and Philosophy/theology (tie) 157.4
    3.International relations 156.5
    4.Engineering 156.2
    5.Government/service 156.1
    6.Chemistry 156.1
    7.History 155.9
    8.Interdisciplinary studies 155.5
    9.Foreign languages 155.3
    10.English 155.2
    11.Biology/natural sciences 154.8
    12.Arts 154.2
    13.Computer science 154.0
    14.Finance 153.4
    15.Political science 153.1
    16.Psychology 152.5
    17.Liberal arts 152.4
    18.Anthropology/geography 152.2
    19.Accounting 151.7
    20.Journalism 151.5
    21.Sociology/social work 151.2
    22.Marketing 150.8
    23.Business management 149.7
    24.Education 149.4
    25.Business administration 149.1
    26.Health professions 148.4
    27.Pre-law 148.3
    28.Criminal justice 146.0
    Finance here, gonna hit that 172+ with more studying.

Finance is easy, but then again all subjects ever always and forever are easy.

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BS in economics here

brb taking differential equations, linear algebra, two semesters of real analysis, abstract algebra, and advanced multivariable calculus, so that i take more difficult math classes than most math majors.

but yeah, all thats required for a BS in econ is one or two semesters of business calc. i just happen to want to go for a ph.d in economics which requires essentially a math major background at the undergrad level to even get in at any good program.

Originally Posted by de_barathrum View Post
    BS in economics here

brb taking differential equations, linear algebra, two semesters of real analysis, abstract algebra, and advanced multivariable calculus, so that i take more difficult math classes than most math majors.

but yeah, all thats required for a BS in econ is one or two semesters of business calc. i just happen to want to go for a ph.d in economics which requires essentially a math major background at the undergrad level to even get in at any good program.
    I considered going into a Ph.D program for econ, but I would /suicide.

My double in physics and econ would put me in a good position for it.

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    i somewhat disagree. im not a math major but im only a few courses away from fufilling the math requirements of a math degree and i was miserable at math up until integral calculus. i took pre-calc multiple times and calc 1 mulitple times as well before i passed them. however after sticking with it for long enough something finally clicked and now im doing better than most grad students in a combined course for real analysis.

sometimes working your ass off can unlock some latent ability that you never really could figure out how to use correctly. you never know till you try though.

Originally Posted by Fire8085 View Post
    I considered going into a Ph.D program for econ, but I would /suicide.

My double in physics and econ would put me in a good position for it.
    yeah it definitely would. what made you reconsider?

...aside from the 80 hour work weeks?

yeah it definitely would. what made you reconsider?

...aside from the 80 hour work weeks?
    It bores me and my interests in physics greatly supercedes it.

Workload would be about the same for either Ph.D program, depending upon the institution as well.

Most Ph.D programs are very intensive workload wise, even easier social sciences. Albeit some are just more "raw work" vs "bang my head against the wall 1000 times because I don't understand something work"

i somewhat disagree. im not a math major but im only a few courses away from fufilling the math requirements of a math degree and i was miserable at math up until integral calculus. i took pre-calc multiple times and calc 1 mulitple times as well before i passed them. however after sticking with it for long enough something finally clicked and now im doing better than most grad students in a combined course for real analysis.

sometimes working your ass off can unlock some latent ability that you never really could figure out how to use correctly. you never know till you try though.
    YES!

Intuition for certain things, in the same field even, can be 100 times stronger later on.

I was doing very mediocre if not poorly in my first physics course and calculus 1. I attended almost all classes.

My multivariate course, my intuition for it was strong in terms of 3 dimensional objects and the mathematic operations had already been decently solidified. I went to a total of like 3 classes, barely did HW and came out with a B lol

Granted, I'm working hard in my classes now, but not as hard as I could be. My grades will be mixed, but I could probably pull all As still...

qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50) qPaperTigerp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    unless you're doing law/med or you're a genuine academic (which i doubt any of misc is) then i dont see much point in uni.

engineering is a back up plan for most my med friends

Originally Posted by qPaperTigerp View Post
    unless you're doing law/med or you're a genuine academic (which i doubt any of misc is) then i dont see much point in uni.

engineering is a back up plan for most my med friends
    How often do you see a person in law complain about jobs? The field is getting oversaturated.

Medicine, I'll give is generally good, however how long do you devote?

Brb getting a Ph.D in physics and working in any position I want related to most sciences/engineering.

It bores me and my interests in physics greatly supercedes it.

Workload would be about the same for either Ph.D program, depending upon the institution as well.

Most Ph.D programs are very intensive workload wise, even easier social sciences. Albeit some are just more "raw work" vs "bang my head against the wall 1000 times because I don't understand something work"
    lol very true. i considered physics for a major at one point, but ironically enough, i thought i couldnt handle the math haha. it wasnt until i decided i wanted to go to grad school for econ that i really started pushing the math.

i kind of want to focus in on econometrics/time series and international finance which i know sounds like the most ****in exciting thing in the world. im kind of hoping this will be a nice mixture of raw work and banging my head against the wall out of frustration.

Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    agreed

i am in business management...its much easier.

but even then i get bad grades..because of too much partying partying.
    F*ck Joe Biden

"Your problem is you spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas. All we had is what we could take and defend." - Lorne Malvo

“I'll do anything usually if there's money involved and little work.” — Daniel Tosh

Chef Crew | NYC Crew | Knee Draggers Crew | Wristwatch Crew

lol very true. i considered physics for a major at one point, but ironically enough, i thought i couldnt handle the math haha. it wasnt until i decided i wanted to go to grad school for econ that i really started pushing the math.

i kind of want to focus in on econometrics/time series and international finance which i know sounds like the most ****in exciting thing in the world. im kind of hoping this will be a nice mixture of raw work and banging my head against the wall out of frustration.
    Econometrics is no joke mathematics wise. The thing is however, (my opinion only as I'm not a Ph.D candidate or anywhere close) is that the abstractions in physics greatly outweigh those in the field of economics in general.

I've seen consistently dual physics/math majors that have a 0.5-1.0 GPA difference between the two majors (3.5 math -> 2.5 physics). The way physics manipulates things makes my head boggle sometimes.

You're given a situation. What does it mean? How is it different from other situations? Are there multiple solutions? What do the numbers mean?What can you assume if x information is given, but y isn't, z isn't, a is etc? What's the best way to solve it? Show steps including any referencing to any theories/proofs with equations and derivations. Can you derive the origins of this solution to basic mechanics, quantum mechanics, relativistic etc.

I mean not all questions are like that, but it's a check system that goes on in your brain...I tend to not it like it sometimes because I feel as if it's linear thinking and in order to really succeed later on, you need it, but you also need the ability to be creative.

However, your choices will make you a lot of money...I can see that.

bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Econometrics is no joke mathematics wise. The thing is however, (my opinion only as I'm not a Ph.D candidate or anywhere close) is that the abstractions in physics greatly outweigh those in the field of economics in general.

I've seen consistently dual physics/math majors that have a 0.5-1.0 GPA difference between the two majors (3.5 math -> 2.5 physics). The way physics manipulates things makes my head boggle sometimes.

You're given a situation. What does it mean? How is it different from other situations? Are there multiple solutions? What do the numbers mean?What can you assume if x information is given, but y isn't, z isn't, a is etc? What's the best way to solve it? Show steps including any referencing to any theories/proofs with equations and derivations. Can you derive the origins of this solution to basic mechanics, quantum mechanics, relativistic etc.

I mean not all questions are like that, but it's a check system that goes on in your brain...I tend to not it like it sometimes because I feel as if it's linear thinking and in order to really succeed later on, you need it, but you also need the ability to be creative.

However, your choices will make you a lot of money...I can see that.
    I'm studying for my econometrics test (tomorrow) right meow. I've been trying to figure this sh!t out for weeks and my mind is still all sorts of phuck. I understand the basics 100%, but my professor (considered one of the hardest at my uni) always throws phuckin curve balls on the exams...

What should I double major in with econ, broskies? I originally took econ as a cop out for engineering, but it seems they're about on the same difficulty level at my uni (ton of engineering friends).

On topic: it all depends on the uni/college and professors. Liberal arts on average tends to be easier, but there are definitely schools/professors that don't fuark around. Also, don't judge majors by their entry level courses. Strong naiveness from people I'd *hope* to consider the most alpha on this planet (nerds who lift, phuck heavenly blessed beauties, and are destined for ceo'in).
    Last edited by bra; 04-13-2011 at 02:35 AM.

ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReFlexx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol this thread.

in with a chem major. ****s hard man
    ***Georgia Crew***
    Maxes

Deadlifts

Bench

Squat

My Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133577141

c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50) c_davies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP is a freshman in college and doesn't realize the amount of pages he must write in upper division work.

LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500) LeanBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    OP is jelly he picked the wrong major lawl
    You mirin jaw brah?
    [youtube]rvCM_4We6K0[/youtube]

Originally Posted by bra View Post
    I'm studying for my econometrics test (tomorrow) right meow. I've been trying to figure this sh!t out for weeks and my mind is still all sorts of phuck. I understand the basics 100%, but my professor (considered one of the hardest at my uni) always throws phuckin curve balls on the exams...

What should I double major in with econ, broskies? I originally took econ as a cop out for engineering, but it seems they're about on the same difficulty level at my uni (ton of engineering friends).

On topic: it all depends on the uni/college and professors. Liberal arts on average tends to be easier, but there are definitely schools/professors that don't fuark around. Also, don't judge majors by their entry level courses. Strong naiveness from people I'd *hope* to consider the most alpha on this planet (nerds who lift, phuck heavenly blessed beauties, and are destined for ceo'in).
    Good luck man. I'm doing a thermodynamics assignment and am writing a computer program for star outflow modeling right now. Both due tomorrow lulz. Oh yeah, apparently my physics department expects us to be computer programmers too...I haven't even taken a class on it.

I've seen a few people go from physics to engineering because physics is "too hard"

Personally I don't care what majors people choose, I just have 0 sympathy for people in most social sciences who don't really understand the meaning of working hard in school. I don't even have sympathy for myself anymore, I just sleep less and do more.