Drag0ntamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this workout OK for my goals?

I'm trying to lose body fat while maintaining my muscle growth. Currently my workout looks like this...

1. Arrive at gym.

2. Take pre-workout.

3. Do 30 minutes of abs while waiting for pre-workout to kick in.

4. Do muscle group of the day for 1hr 30 minutes or 2hrs.

5. Take protein/creatine.

6. Do 15 minutes of cardio.

I do 1 muscle group a day as my focus, but was wondering if I want to get bigger arms and chest if I should start working these out twice a week? Not sure what to do.

I was 165 pounds with over 23% body fat and now I am down to 148 pounds, not sure the amount of body fat percentage I've lost though. I'd really like to get down to the point where I have a 6 pack and then start bulking till I get back up to around 150.

moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    looks like ****. pick a routine from the sticky. don't make up your own shi.tty routine

LOL... It seems to be working for me, but do you have any suggestions?

moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Drag0ntamer View Post
    LOL... It seems to be working for me, but do you have any suggestions?
    well i would suggest ss, but thats more for bulking. so just go with all pro's routine. btw you can't gain muscle and lose weight at the same time. so you're gonna have to pick one or the other.
    also why the fuk are you taking creatine if you're cutting?

I was told by others both on and off the forums that As long as I eat a high protein diet with hand sized portions 6 times a day and doing the following I would slowly gain muscle while losing more fat. Hence why I started this and have gotten results from what I can tell. I take creation for the increase in muscle recovery etc.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    OP

Do a heavy weight training program (see stickys here)

Restrict calories

Get a minimum level of protein and fats per day (see stickys in nutrition forum)

Don't do assloads of abs exercises, it makes no real difference on a cut

Yes you can take creatine, it will help preserve muscle mass

Train each muscle group about twice per week using heavy lifts

You don't need 6 meals a day - there is no real science behind this, it's just an old wives tale. Eat at the same times each day - when it is convenient to you.

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    OP

Do a heavy weight training program (see stickys here)

Restrict calories

Get a minimum level of protein and fats per day (see stickys in nutrition forum)

Don't do assloads of abs exercises, it makes no real difference on a cut

Yes you can take creatine, it will help preserve muscle mass

Train each muscle group about twice per week using heavy lifts

You don't need 6 meals a day - there is no real science behind this, it's just an old wives tale. Eat at the same times each day - when it is convenient to you.
    This.

Originally Posted by braden101 View Post
    This.
    Awesome, helpful advice!

This is pretty much what I am doing, however I do one muscle group each day. Any suggestions on what muscle groups I should combine and how long I should spend on each group? Also will doing abs before my workout or once a day negatively affect my fat loss/muscle gain?

I do eat a steady diet of mainly protein, with veggies and fruits in the morning in addition to a multi-vitamin and fish oil pills etc. I eat every 3 hours or so on a regular basis around the same time while maintaining around a 500 calorie deficit each day.

My main goal right now is to lose my remaining belly fat to show my abs and then increase my chest and arms. I do want an increase to all other muscle groups as well, but I just want to make sure those get done no matter what. How does this combo sound?

Chest/Triceps

Back/Biceps

Legs/Shoulders

Calves would be included in legs and I might also add some wrist/forearm workouts to my arm day.

Also, I was told by others here that 15 minutes of cardio after my workout at least 3 times a week would help increase fat loss so that is my reasoning for that. I know I am a noob to this but I appreciate all the helpful responses and input.

Actually I think I will a push and pull workout...

Chest/Back

Legs/Shoulders

Biceps/Triceps

Legs/Shoulders