magicman55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

bench press help

My football coach got us on Dr. Michael Colgans new power program a while ago and ive stuck with it. I just started the third phase of it which is the power phase. The goal is to move dramatically up in weight in the core lifts. (squat, deadlift, and bench) I have been moving up dramatically in squat and deadlift. But i haven't moved up much at all in bench. Any tips on how to bench more?

BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigBro2448 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some people have a lot of trouble progessing in the flat bench press,maybe start doing Incline and dips if you already don't

Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is your bench routine? weight, reps, how many times per week.. actually what is your chest routine even consist of?

andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by magicman55 View Post
    My football coach got us on Dr. Michael Colgans new power program a while ago and ive stuck with it. I just started the third phase of it which is the power phase. The goal is to move dramatically up in weight in the core lifts. (squat, deadlift, and bench) I have been moving up dramatically in squat and deadlift. But i haven't moved up much at all in bench. Any tips on how to bench more?
    I tried searching for the routine, but apparently it is in his book? If you post your routine, it would be easier to see what you're doing and how it can be critiqued.
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender.

SQ:455
    BP:265
    DL:545

magicman55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Frozn View Post
    What is your bench routine? weight, reps, how many times per week.. actually what is your chest routine even consist of?
    First 8 weeks. chest day was combined with back: reps, 12, 10, 8
    superset 1/ cable woodchops with reverse cable woodchops.
    superset 2/ scalpular pullup with seated row to neck
    superset 3/ incline twisting db press with flat twisting db press
    superset 4/ high cables (tree huggers) with strait arm cable pull down

second 8 weeks. reps, 12, 5, 7
    superset 1/ incline bb press wwith lying cable pullover
    superset 2/ weighted pushup with tree huggers
    superset 3/ bent arm db pullover
    superset 4/ highpull with powerclean

last 7 weeks.
    bench: warmup
    bench: 5-6 reps
    bench: 2-4 reps
    bench 1-2
    bench 1
    bench 1-3

then highpulls, woodchops, and reverse woodchops.

Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First 8 weeks. chest day was combined with back: reps, 12, 10, 8
    superset 1/ cable woodchops with reverse cable woodchops.
    superset 2/ scalpular pullup with seated row to neck
    superset 3/ incline twisting db press with flat twisting db press
    superset 4/ high cables (tree huggers) with strait arm cable pull down

second 8 weeks. reps, 12, 5, 7
    superset 1/ incline bb press wwith lying cable pullover
    superset 2/ weighted pushup with tree huggers
    superset 3/ bent arm db pullover
    superset 4/ highpull with powerclean

last 7 weeks.
    bench: warmup
    bench: 5-6 reps
    bench: 2-4 reps
    bench 1-2
    bench 1
    bench 1-3

then highpulls, woodchops, and reverse woodchops.
    Well... This doesn't seem like much of a chest workout.. and as to why week 7 looks like that is just strange.

I personally would never par take in such a routine... I would say its time for a new routine, but that is just my opinion.

XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    step 1 - go over to youtube
    step 2 - search dave tate
    step 3 - watch and learn
    step 4 - sharpen the skills you have learned

A LOT goes into benching.
    there is more to it than just laying down on a bench

don't get discourage, keep at it.

TZC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by XXX666 View Post
    step 3 - watch and learn

good tip, dave tate helped me a lot when it came to benching

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Frozn View Post
    Well... This doesn't seem like much of a chest workout.. and as to why week 7 looks like that is just strange.
    It's because it's not a chest workout. It's a bench routine. And even though I don't necessarily care for the layout the point of the routine isn't to improve his chest. It's to improve his bench strength.

Originally Posted by XXX666 View Post
    step 3 - watch and learn

This.
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    It's because it's not a chest workout. It's a bench routine. And even though I don't necessarily care for the layout the point of the routine isn't to improve his chest. It's to improve his bench strength.

This.
    I don't see this improving any bench strength.

Date Tate is good ****.