Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hotstreak1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotstreak1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PearlSoap View Post
    Like I said, and I am not saying you dodged it, but I am still waiting for a jacked, strong mofo'er who eats IF. So far I have found coals, who is laughable and SideSteal who is skinnyfat and probably supports IF because he is 33 years old and cannot be bothered to eat properly, has a family and job and doesn't have the time/effort to worry about diet.
    Look up pbateman2's bustin' ass workout log he's using IF and jacked out of his mind. Work ethic could scare a hobo to drop a ham sandwich he didnt pay for.

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mhess92 View Post
    You do realize that IF is basically just not eating 9pm to 1 pm right? I don't see why you're so against it, I mean most people sleep from like 10 or 11 till 6 or 7 that's 9-10 hours (of 16 fasting) already taken care of, and the next 6 to 7 most people spend time getting ready for work or school or taking their kids to school etc. and look at that it's already 1pm by the time they actually become hungry and guess what they can eat about 20-25% of their daily caloric intake then around 3-4 pm they workout for an hour or 2 and they'll probably be hungry after that, guess what? they can eat AGAIN! this time about 60-65% of their daily caloric intake. oh look at that it's 2-3 hours later and around 8 o'clock....... guess what? yep, you guessed it, they can eat again!!!! this time 10-20% of their daily caloric intake........ and your telling me this guy (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131057123) doesn't have an "ideal" physique of the common population? either answer the OP's question or GTFO.......

on that note, OP, most people like it because it fits their schedules and they don't have to sacrifice so much time out of their busy days on making food every 3 hours. and some people just like to sit down and eat big meals. hope that helps.
    agreed and repped. I think we can settle on that.

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hotstreak1987 View Post
    Look up pbateman2's bustin' ass workout log he's using IF and jacked out of his mind. Work ethic could scare a hobo to drop a ham sandwich he didnt pay for.
    Not really interested in his work ethic. But from his log, this is his diet

Gym time is now 3:15am - 5 days a week. Wake up time is 2:40am - 5 days a week. I decided at a very young age that I'll sleep more when I die. I'll stick to that.

Four days a week I will be eating approx 3800cals in a 7 hour feeding window (11:00am - 6:00pm):

11:00am - Meal #1 - 1 Whole Wheat Bagel, 4 Whole Eggs, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 banana, 8oz of pineapple, 20oz of chocolate milk - (80gP/180gCHO/25g F)

1:00pm - Meal #2 - 1 scoop of Myofusion, 1 tbsp of PB, 1/2 cup of steel cut oats, 1 banana - (40gP/80g CHO/15g F)

3:00pm - Meal #3 - 10oz of turkey, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of mushrooms - (70gP, 60g CHO, 20g F)

4:30pm - Meal #4 - 1 scoop of Myofusion, 1 tbsp of PB, 1/2 cup of steel cut oats, 1 banana - (40gP/80g CHO/15g F)

6:00pm - Meal #5 - 10oz of chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of bell peppers, 1 cup of mushrooms - (70g P, 60g CHO, 20g F)

Total: ~3800cals: 300g Protein, 440g CHO, 100g F; NOTE: These are rough estimates. I do not really count calories anymore. I just make sure to hit my targeted protein and fat intake on a daily basis.

Two days of the week: I will eat the above minus Meal #4

One day of the week: I will eat Meals #1 - #4 with the final meal being a cheat meal. My cheat meal is usually 30-35 pieces of sushi and a piece of cheesecake.

BTW - I LOVE chocolate milk..and chocolate milk loves me...cant you tell? lol

Sounds exactly like what I am talking about how it should be. Just that his window of eating is slightly smaller. Hmmmm. I hate getting caught up in specifics.

AnchorNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been interested in IF since hearing a bit about it recently. I'm never hungry in the morning, and don't really get hungry until the first time in the day that I eat, so it sounds like it might be just right for me.

I have three questions that I was wonder about, though, for those of you who practice it.

1. Do you have no food intake at all until you break your fast later in the day, or do you sip on protein shakes or something?

2. When do you typically work out relative to breaking your fast, and do you have a post-workout meal?

3. Do you do cardio? If so, when, relative to when you break your fast? I've heard that cardio on an empty stomach can be tough, but I really don't know for sure.

Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    I'm not on IF and I believe I mentioned it above, but thanks for calling my physique into question. Judging by your .avi (which coals mistook as a woman's arm) you have little room to point out flaws in others.

Negs on recharge.

JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000) JayAllen20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not really interested in his work ethic. But from his log, this is his diet

Gym time is now 3:15am - 5 days a week. Wake up time is 2:40am - 5 days a week. I decided at a very young age that I'll sleep more when I die. I'll stick to that.

Four days a week I will be eating approx 3800cals in a 7 hour feeding window (11:00am - 6:00pm):

11:00am - Meal #1 - 1 Whole Wheat Bagel, 4 Whole Eggs, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 banana, 8oz of pineapple, 20oz of chocolate milk - (80gP/180gCHO/25g F)

1:00pm - Meal #2 - 1 scoop of Myofusion, 1 tbsp of PB, 1/2 cup of steel cut oats, 1 banana - (40gP/80g CHO/15g F)

3:00pm - Meal #3 - 10oz of turkey, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of mushrooms - (70gP, 60g CHO, 20g F)

4:30pm - Meal #4 - 1 scoop of Myofusion, 1 tbsp of PB, 1/2 cup of steel cut oats, 1 banana - (40gP/80g CHO/15g F)

6:00pm - Meal #5 - 10oz of chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of bell peppers, 1 cup of mushrooms - (70g P, 60g CHO, 20g F)

Total: ~3800cals: 300g Protein, 440g CHO, 100g F; NOTE: These are rough estimates. I do not really count calories anymore. I just make sure to hit my targeted protein and fat intake on a daily basis.

Two days of the week: I will eat the above minus Meal #4

One day of the week: I will eat Meals #1 - #4 with the final meal being a cheat meal. My cheat meal is usually 30-35 pieces of sushi and a piece of cheesecake.

BTW - I LOVE chocolate milk..and chocolate milk loves me...cant you tell? lol

Sounds exactly like what I am talking about how it should be. Just that his window of eating is slightly smaller Hmmmm. I hate getting caught up in specifics.
    Actually, that IS exactly what the IF diet is, so what's the problem? Basically he FASTS from his last meal, which is at 6 PM until his first meal at 11 AM. I skimmed briefly through this and I don't understand where people started bringing up the whole ONE meal a day thing, because that's not even relevant to this. From a certain point in the day to a certain point the next day you don't eat, and then in a (normally 6-7 hours) smaller time frame you eat all your allotted calories

mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcoppen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As above it's not about eating one meal. If you wanted you could split your calories down into 1, 3 or 6 meals. It's completely irrelevant. As long as you eat your total calories for the day that's all that matters. You can do this easily within the 8 hour eating window. Suggesting you have to eat only 1 meal is stupidity, it's not what it's about.

Originally Posted by JayAllen20 View Post
    Actually, that IS exactly what the IF diet is, so what's the problem? Basically he FASTS from his last meal, which is at 6 PM until his first meal at 11 AM. I skimmed briefly through this and I don't understand where people started bringing up the whole ONE meal a day thing, because that's not even relevant to this. From a certain point in the day to a certain point the next day you don't eat, and then in a (normally 6-7 hours) smaller time frame you eat all your allotted calories
    I have no problem whatsoever sir. Thank you for your post.

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's a big difference between being healthy, and looking like a bodybuilder.

I have NEVER seen anyone who benches 405lbs, squats 405lbs and deadlifts over 600lbs, who eats ONCE A DAY. WTF!

Show me one person who has significant muscle mass (not some toned clown) and strength, and low bodyfat levels who eats once a day.

Do not get me wrong, I didn't say it was unhealthy. But this is bb.com and we are all here for one reason. To look jacked as hell.

Point in case - look at coals.
    BUUUURRRRnnn...

Of course it has nothing to do with starting at 100+ lbs to lose and being at it for less than 1.5... of which the avi was 6 months ago.

Oh and... What who'se that?

Oh why thats martin berkhan, one of those who brought IF to bodybuilding....
    If you're looking for some Fat powerlifter.... well the whole point of intermittent fasting is to be lean.

Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    I'm not on IF and I believe I mentioned it above, but thanks for calling my physique into question. Judging by your .avi (which coals mistook as a woman's arm) you have little room to point out flaws in others.

Negs on recharge.
    Thats a dude :O ?

I literally did this:

Oh lawdy, this was misc worthy.

Oh and before Pearl tries to start claiming he's a chick:

Sex: Male

Back to a serious note

Originally Posted by AnchorNut View Post
    I've been interested in IF since hearing a bit about it recently. I'm never hungry in the morning, and don't really get hungry until the first time in the day that I eat, so it sounds like it might be just right for me.

I have three questions that I was wonder about, though, for those of you who practice it.

1. Do you have no food intake at all until you break your fast later in the day, or do you sip on protein shakes or something?

2. When do you typically work out relative to breaking your fast, and do you have a post-workout meal?

3. Do you do cardio? If so, when, relative to when you break your fast? I've heard that cardio on an empty stomach can be tough, but I really don't know for sure.
    1. No food really. Just drink lots of water. It's strange and hard to describe, it's beyond having no appetite, the thought of food just doesn't cross my mind, even as I walk through my kitchen or a series of cafe's or anything.
    2. It doesn't matter (theres a IF megathread that answers all these questions, I think in advanced nutrition
    3. Not really, If i do it's usually fasted but i'm not the guy to ask.
    Last edited by coals; 02-01-2011 at 04:21 AM.

tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgabe213 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by coals View Post

Oh and before OP tries to start claiming he's a chick:
    Hey now! I'm the OP! Not the 1 meal a day guy/chick
    1.01.11 - 264.6
    6.07.11 - 242.1

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ooops my bad, meant pearl, the 3/day a meal or else guy/chick

Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000) Thefokusas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like IF becouse iam still going to school from 8 am to 1 or 2 pm, on IF , i can sleep longer, becouse i dont need to cook food, i dont think about food when in school, and i can eat plenty and dont feel hungry when i come back home, i used to eat 6 times per day, but that made me hungry all the time.

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Moderation in bodybuilding is key.

The magazines (who are sponsored and run by supplement company adverts) make you believe you need 6-8 meals a day. They KNOW FOR A FACT that 99.999% of people cannot eat whole food meals so often in the day (wife, kids, work, stress of food prep etc) so they make you think you NEED their products.

On the otherhand, IF and Warrior Diet try and sell their books, ideas and philosophy by appealing to the masses who just want an easy way out. Eat once a day is awesome? Well maybe short term, but I shudder to think what that is doing to your metabolism long term. And truthfully can you train and recover hard (cardio and weights every day) on just one meal? I bet no.

All in all, as I said moderation is key. Eat 3 square meals a day, breakfast/lunch/dinner and if you're tired before your workout throw in a coffee or a pre workout supplement (maybe twice a week....you should not use it as a crutch) and after your workout just have a protein shake to aid recovery.

There, simple yet effective and time tested. Breakfast, lunch and dinner has been the habits of humans for centuries, hence their historical names. Do not over complicate things, and go putting so much effort into what diet you should follow. Be NORMAL and instead of focusing all your energy posting and going on forums and looking for a new diet ......TRAINING LIKE AN ANIMAL instead.

Yours truly

PearlSoap, Bye.
    You are on a site dedicated to getting bigger, stronger, leaner and advocating moderation. Will neg when able.

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    will someone please ****ing neg pearls into oblivion. This guy is pissing me the **** off with his garbage **** he's spewing everywhere.