Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Motivational slipup, goal failure, getting back up

Well guys, I made a good run for about 3 months, my body made some changes...it was good.

Then, same as all the other times, things slowly started slipping away. At first I didn't even care. I'd been maintaining my work out sessions...just eating more than I should have been, but it wasn't that bad.

Yesterday, I was back to my old, extremely bad habits. 2 Freschetta Pizzamore's for dinner + breakfast and lunch. A good 7-8000 cal day, easily. AND I didn't work out...how could I with all that food in my gut? Then I thought about that...I hadn't worked out last week. And wait a second...didn't I do this same thing (2 pizzas) last monday? Yes...yes I did.

Now, its only 10 days til I go on my vacation/wedding/honeymoon.

Am I this weak willed? Do I really not have the self control to stop eating after half a pizza? A WHOLE pizza? I have to eat 2? Seriously? I don't even feel good after that...even now, the next morning I still don't feel good from it. And I never did...but that doesn't stop me.

Previously when I posted here about my honeymoon, guys said "Forget it, its your honeymoon, enjoy yourself." Well, I failed myself...I "enjoyed myself" before finishing my goal. Beside, the honeymoon doesn't have to include eating myself sick, and it doesn't mean I can't do some exercising...even if its just 30 minutes a day of pushups/situps/bodyweight stuff when I get the chance.

For the next 10 days I'm staying within my 2500cal daily limit. Once on my vacation/honeymoon, I'll up it to 3500. Some might say thats a big jump, but...I know its a lot less than I'd be capable of it I had no limit, and it should be easy to drop back to 2500 once all the festivities are over.

Now that all the bad news is over, I want to remind people to check the losing fat forum for my 8 week progress pics around Nov 17th/18th when I take the second one. Despite some major problems for a few weeks, I think I'll still have made some progress.

Remember: Don't get lazy. Don't give up. Always push forward. Don't eat two (&#% pizzas in one sitting.

mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bah, one slip up in *three months* is not going to kill you. You immediately recovered the following day...

Keeping going and don't dwell on it!

Based on how many calories it took to process all that food, plus your daily requirements, I think you'd be surprised at what little impact that will have on the big picture.

Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mflem10 View Post
    Bah, one slip up in *three months* is not going to kill you. You immediately recovered the following day...

Keeping going and don't dwell on it!

Based on how many calories it took to process all that food, plus your daily requirements, I think you'd be surprised at what little impact that will have on the big picture.
    Don't dwell on it. Exactly you can shake it off when you hit the gym hard.

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nothing a bit of extra cardio on top of your regular weekly routine won't fix. Don't sweat it. Not that it's not a bad thing, you shouldn't slip up like that if you can at all help it (cheat days help with this) but hell, don't beat yourself up about it.

Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Garlisk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wouldn't be as concerned if it was one day, but it wasn't...it was a gradual slip (eating more and more and exercising less and less) over a couple weeks.

Yesterday went well, and today looks to go well again. I'm glad I caught myself and fixed it this time, unlike the other times when I'd just let it go. I have to say thanks to BB.com for the help, too. Just coming here is inspiring.

terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) terry917 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Garlisk View Post
    I wouldn't be as concerned if it was one day, but it wasn't...it was a gradual slip (eating more and more and exercising less and less) over a couple weeks.

Yesterday went well, and today looks to go well again. I'm glad I caught myself and fixed it this time, unlike the other times when I'd just let it go. I have to say thanks to BB.com for the help, too. Just coming here is inspiring.
    Everything you may be working on can be easily split into smaller parts and stages. For most goals, it is quite natural to split the process of accomplishing them into smaller tasks and milestones. I look at set backs and temporary pauses as part of the overall process. Perhaps learning from your experiences can help prevent the next set back. The best thing is that in moving forward, the set back is exactly that setting somewhere back behind you. Good luck in your continued progression.
    Terry Hill MSE Physiology/CPT/Sport Nutrionist-AFPA

"Quality of life depends on the amount of willingness in the effort!"

mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mflem10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Was just thinking - try setting a short term goal between now and your honeymoon. This will give you something to work towards over the next few days.

For instance, losing 2 lbs (or another realistic number), between now and when you leave. Keep your goals actionable!

Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500)
    hey boy,just think about it like THIS

in 60 years,who will give a ****??

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question

Are you weak willed?...Nahhhhh...seriously your out of control...Remember what worked for ya before????? That will still work for ya...If you call yourself weak willed...you'll be just that....it's called self fullfilling prophecy ....So you need to decide if your want a fit body and healthy lifestyle or do you want to be heavy and unhappy...Think about it....Self
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2500 cals daily at 210? thats nuts. Get back to work man. Lose some weight.
    He learned no lessons
    He acknowledged no mistakes

According to my calcs, 2500cals/day is about 3-500 cal deficit. I thought that was appropriate?

Originally Posted by Hoochzilla View Post
    hey boy,just think about it like THIS

in 60 years,who will give a ****??
    My family and I will if I died 20 years earlier from poor health because of bad habits.

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well guys, I made a good run for about 3 months, my body made some changes...it was good.

Then, same as all the other times, things slowly started slipping away. At first I didn't even care. I'd been maintaining my work out sessions...just eating more than I should have been, but it wasn't that bad.

Remember: Don't get lazy. Don't give up. Always push forward. Don't eat two (&#% pizzas in one sitting.
    Sounds like from you've said here, you're able to go about 3 months and then things slow down. Sounds like this happens regularly as opposed to being a one time thing. If this is the case, perhaps you should start planning for and looking towards that 3 month mark, knowing that this is going to occur, and then plan accordingly.

Plan on taking a break from the weights for a week or so when you hit the 3 month mark. Knowing also that you'll need to focus, maybe more than usual, on the diet thing while you're on break. Cheat meals and such never hurt anyone any way, just a part of it all really.
    The self has no boundaries except those it accepts out of Ignorance.

Originally Posted by Rick1824 View Post
    Sounds like from you've said here, you're able to go about 3 months and then things slow down. Sounds like this happens regularly as opposed to being a one time thing. If this is the case, perhaps you should start planning for and looking towards that 3 month mark, knowing that this is going to occur, and then plan accordingly.

Plan on taking a break from the weights for a week or so when you hit the 3 month mark. Knowing also that you'll need to focus, maybe more than usual, on the diet thing while you're on break. Cheat meals and such never hurt anyone any way, just a part of it all really.

Well, this is somewhat true. In my previous attempts at lifting, I'd go about 3 weeks to a month. This has been my longest steady lifting, and I'm still going.

I was just really mad at myself for screwing up so badly, and I knew if I posted this it would encourage me (motivate me) to do better again.

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, this is somewhat true. In my previous attempts at lifting, I'd go about 3 weeks to a month. This has been my longest steady lifting, and I'm still going.

I was just really mad at myself for screwing up so badly, and I knew if I posted this it would encourage me (motivate me) to do better again.
    K, so did it? Did you hit the gym harder than ever?