jmartina42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmartina42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmartina42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Truth to fat ppl build muscle fast

Is there any truth to Fat ppl building muscle faster, i remember years ago being told since your big you can turn fat into muscle? One reason im asking is my weight is hovering at 367-370 im sticking with diet and going to gym 3 times a week and lifting hard my arms are getting solid still can pinch fat but even though there still 16.5 inches there are i say 75% more solid than they WERE. My chest has muscles i never felt before my legs rocks, but still big legs, i was jsut curious if im gaining alot of muscle at the same time im loosing fat! Now i started out at 2900 calories thats 900 under my BMR of when i started at 384lbs , im down to 2600 calories the past two weeks not helping...i did cheat two weeks ago ate a whole pizza being drunk after the bars but other than that been strict! Chicken and br rice is what i eat mainly!

374 bf was 40.1/40.2

371 bf was 39.2/39.4

370 bf was 38.1/38.1
    (two numbers cause we always do it twice)
    384lbs (journey begins)

sept 15> goal 365 actual 364 :)
    oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

Goal to change my eating and lifestyle , eat healthy and live strong!

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe that if you had muscle before, your muscle memory will kick in and it will seem you are growing faster than other when in-fact you are just re-stimulating what had been there before.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just turn fat into muscle.

Good luck on your journey man.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fat cannot turn into muscle. Muscle cannot turn into fat.

Two completely separate entities.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

jmartina42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmartina42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmartina42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well through out the years HS i did some lifting for couple years, then like 4 years later some in college then some few later after that now im back to it but more serious than before i say HS time i went to gym reg 3-4 times a week and lifted heavy. I was in the 1000lbs club in HS football. dont know if muscle memory can go back that far!
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) C-results has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can't turn fat into muscle. The bigger your muscles get the more fat your body will burn. Larger muscles require more energy throughout the day. Just keep working on on the exercise and the weight-lifting and you'll keep seeing the numbers decreasing. Do you know your bodyfat percentage?

BF as of thrusday last week 38.1% i started out at 44%
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    Fat cannot turn into muscle. Muscle cannot turn into fat.

Two completely separate entities.
    What he said.

By the way, why do you even care with BF estimates? You dropped from 374 to 370 and you worry about BF %? If I were I wouldn't even look at BF % since it is sorta pointless when you're around 40% BF. Drop around 150lb and then you can worry about it.

If you're gym noob than it is possible that you're gaining muscle while losing fat (but you're not converting fat into muscle)

Well only reason im looking at BF% is because im read if the scale isnt moving look at that! yes im a gym n00b these days!

and actually im dropped from 384 to 370 or 367 depending what day i get on scale! lol
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jmartina42 View Post
    Well only reason im looking at BF% is because im read if the scale isnt moving look at that! yes im a gym n00b these days!
    If the scale isn't moving at your weight I'd reconsider your diet. It sorta has to be moving... You have lots of fat and should aim at 2lb/week probably.

and actually im dropped from 384 to 370 or 367 depending what day i get on scale! lol
    Good job. Just saying: BF % are pretty inaccurate in general and my hunch at your weight they are even more inaccurate.

Remember: consistent diet = win

yeah im looking at the trainers and this hand held machine like how in the hell can it tell my BF accuratley. According to them in my first 30 days i lost 25lbs of fat and gained 6.9 lbs of muscle. Maybe im checking too often i do know when i9 started out it took two weeks for the scale to drop and it dropped like 6 lbs at a time weird to me.
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reduce your calories a lot more. At 340+ lb, you CAN lose up to 12-18 lb per month so somewhere around 2-4 lb per week.

You have to completely cut out sugars, sodas, junk food. Which is extremely difficult part. What you can do is slowly substitute things (diet or coke zero for sodas; splenda for sugars; frozen skillet food instead of junk food or going out). I'm making a bunch of assumptions here but that would be my guess on how you arrived at 340 lb. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You should try to aim for a 500 to 1000 calorie deficit at least. At your level, you should be eating like 2000-2800 calories depending on your body calculations from online calculators. Do a body fat + height + age calculation to arrive at your daily calories burned.

oh i have im 300 cal lower than the 2-4lbs deficit than online says, i have completey changed the way i eat, i eat nothing but whole healthy foods with 1gram of protein lean mass. I drink unsweet tea 24/7 , i eat oatmeal every morning, chicken and brown rice every lunch, and chicken and veggies for dinner , sometimes salmon or something. Snack on almonds but only like 1-2 small handfuls a day what ever the serving is i think 28 per 160 cals. Dont get me wrong im noticing change in my body its just not on the scale. I even bought the excercise ball and do crunched every other day...now past 40days since im started im prob had 4 diet mountain dews, two weeks ago the whole pizza, and this weekend i had few tacos but fat free cheese, lean meat and lettuce nothing else. so i think im doing good maybe i need to do better!
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like you have a good plan going. I tend to snack on almonds too, and sometimes I eat too many so be careful with that.

If you dropped your calories you will begin to lose pounds, it may take a week for your body to get use to the shock and maybe your water weight is keeping you too high. Just don't give up when the scale is moving. Just remember that if you're ACTIVE you are losing weight regardless.

janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) janovas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    But srsly, if fat becomes muscle... you will see me at the Arnold in two years =p
    Start Weight: 450 (4-12-10)
    Current Weight: 389 (10/6/10)
    Goal Weight: 350 (Christmas 2010)

"“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.”"

-Vince Lombardi

Originally Posted by janovas View Post
    But srsly, if fat becomes muscle... you will see me at the Arnold in two years =p

Yeah i was thinking that way too Darn it! lol
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

Yeah i was thinking that way too Darn it! lol
    Regardless bro, good luck. Us big boys have a lot to lose. I lost my first 45 pounds making minor changes like cutting out soda and late night meals. Now I am adding in nutrition and exercise.

Let's get there bro. Tons of info to be found here in these forums. Many of my questions had been asked several times over, I just had to look them up. Keep it up though and don't let me pass you!

Again, good luck.

"“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.”"

-Vince Lombardi

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fat Loss for Noobs thread, first page.

Count your calories.

At least 1000 calorie deficit. It's not that fat turns to muscle, it's that tour body can use the fat for energy and you can then gain even at deficit - at least at first.

bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No but as a fat person your fat legs will have a lot of muscle hidden underneath all of their fat from carrying your fat body around all the time. So no doubt your leg lifts will probably be gigantic because you are fat.

War fat man!!! War!!

Keep up the good work!

Update went to gym tonight, got on scale, and it said 365 maybe im checking too often!
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50) TehVoot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like koatliki said bro, consistent diet = win, just watch what you eat and if you're lifting weights for exercise try to consume the right amount of protein so your muscles build and the fat's not turning into muscle but muscle requires a high calorie amount to maintain itself so you'll be losing fat while gaining muscle I suppose because of the calories the muscle burns off, just watch the diet bro, try to lower calories when you can and such, but make sure your calories are really good foods like chicken breast, venison, broccoli, fruits veggies, nuts, beans etc. you know what not to eat with common sense and try not to drink alcohol much it'll slow you down bro. The way I'm losing weights is a rather low carb diet, because without carbs I burn fat pretty much, but I'm cutting ( cardio and such) trying to lose weight fast and I'll worry about muscle later after I've lost weight, I tried your way and it didn't work but hauling arse on cardio works like a charm.
    Anyways, goodluck bro.

all i eat is chicken breast lol i got 10 fully cooked breast in my fridge at all times, love it with broc! yeah what im noticed is i will loose 6-7 lbs all at once for instance i stay around same weight for two weeks give or take 1 or 2 lbs then bam 6 lbs gone! weird!
    384lbs (journey begins)

oct 15th > goal 350
    nov 15th > goal 335
    dec 15th > goal 320

bigfish1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfish1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfish1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfish1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfish1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfish1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigfish1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

im wit you

I'm right there with you bro started at 280 lbs and I've los 4 pounds in 22 days wich I think its good and I'm also seeing my muscles bulk up kinda fast but I think its just like the other guy said muscle memory, what I've heard is that since we have more fat, muscles feed of it constantly and skinny people have to eat a lot more to have alittle fat for muscle fuel

drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000)
    Update went to gym tonight, got on scale, and it said 365 maybe im checking too often!
    That could be it. With the amount of fat you have your scale weight can fluctuate a great deal even over the span of 12 hours, as much as 5 pounds or more. Weigh yourself once a week at most, at the same time on the same scale. The temptation to weigh more often will be great, you want to see those results! If you simply cannot resist the urge to weigh yourself during the week, just set that one day/time as your official weigh in day. That way you can humor yourself during the week with casual weigh ins but what really matters is the official weigh in date, thats the weight you record.

Good luck,

-Drew

Originally Posted by drewott View Post
    That could be it. With the amount of fat you have your scale weight can fluctuate a great deal even over the span of 12 hours, as much as 5 pounds or more. Weigh yourself once a week at most, at the same time on the same scale. The temptation to weigh more often will be great, you want to see those results! If you simply cannot resist the urge to weigh yourself during the week, just set that one day/time as your official weigh in day. That way you can humor yourself during the week with casual weigh ins but what really matters is the official weigh in date, thats the weight you record.

Good luck,

-Drew
    This is very true. I fluctuate 5-8 pounds during the day. I find that the morning is the most consistent measurement. Still, like drew mentioned, don't obsess on the scale.

Like I do.... =o

-Vince Lombardi