tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long after working out do you wait to eat?

I was told that you must avoid fat and fiber right after working out, which basically everything has in it. How long should I wait? For instance, I just waited about 50 mins-1 hour and had beef stew. Is this wrong?

PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulyBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Post-workout you just want easily-absorbed protein and carbs to facilitate that absorption, and fat and fiber are slowly digested and will slow it down. Only time you want fat with your protein is before bed or maybe during the day for a continuous, steady release. But an hour-long wait until you eat fat and fiber is good. Although having fiber and some healthy fats PW will never be necessarily bad and nothing bad will ever come out of it, you want to try to maximize your gains.
    Bulking and cutting at the same time

ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItsQk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It all depends on how much you've eaten. I'm my opinion, I just usually wait 1hr after a big meal and 30mins after a small meal.

tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonsoffun123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PaulyBee View Post
    Post-workout you just want easily-absorbed protein and carbs to facilitate that absorption, and fat and fiber are slowly digested and will slow it down. Only time you want fat with your protein is before bed or maybe during the day for a continuous, steady release. But an hour-long wait until you eat fat and fiber is good. Although having fiber and some healthy fats PW will never be necessarily bad and nothing bad will ever come out of it, you want to try to maximize your gains.
    With this would you say I ate the wrong thing?

ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by tonsoffun123 View Post
    I was told that you must avoid fat and fiber right after working out, which basically everything has in it. How long should I wait? For instance, I just waited about 50 mins-1 hour and had beef stew. Is this wrong?
    i was always told you should eat immediately following your workout. I agree with what they were saying rarely do you want to pair fats with protein (due to the absorption/processing with digestion) but maybe, maybe before bed. If youre trying to mass up go with cleaner foods like potatos, rice, and wheat pasta. more of the starchy carbs

ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManVsGym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    and of course always have a high protein intake along with those carbs + vigorious workout

hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have a protein shake in water and some quick digesting carbs immediately post workout and then i wait about an hour and have a bigger meal consisting of solid food.

Originally Posted by hockeybuilder View Post
    i have a protein shake in water and some quick digesting carbs immediately post workout and then i wait about an hour and have a bigger meal consisting of solid food.
    ahh i see like waxy maze and such? but yeah thats generally really beneficial as long as your solid food is still clean like i had mentioned above. stew most likely has "pot roast" style beef, which normally has a higher fat content than other options for beef. id stick with a different pos workout solid meal than that unless you used the 96/6 lean beef in your stew

Tigrillo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tigrillo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tigrillo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tigrillo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tigrillo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tigrillo23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same here a quick protein shake then shower and chill and then have a solid meal.. You want to take that shakr right away because of the protein it has..

Originally Posted by Tigrillo23 View Post
    Same here a quick protein shake then shower and chill and then have a solid meal.. You want to take that shakr right away because of the protein it has..
    Yeah I always have my shake but I was checking if it was alright to have beef Stew 1 hour later

Yeah I always have my shake but I was checking if it was alright to have beef Stew 1 hour later
    yea my opinion would be to lay off the stew if you are tryin to maintain a leaner physique

Originally Posted by ManVsGym View Post
    yea my opinion would be to lay off the stew if you are tryin to maintain a leaner physique
    what is in it that's bad? It was steak, carrots, peas, and potatoes

what is in it that's bad? It was steak, carrots, peas, and potatoes
    yea i wouldt say its "bad" but like i mentioned earlier the steak used in stew is a lower grade and therefore it has a higher fat content. other than that it looks to me as a well rounded meal

chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500) chase007 is not very helpful. (-500)

Red face

I have my shake right after I work out followed by going home and cooking up 6 eggs for ym pwo meal. Drink your shakes with water and not milk because milk is casien and will make you fool and u cant' eat a PWO meal

~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ~Mase~ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    I have my shake right after I work out followed by going home and cooking up 6 eggs for ym pwo meal. Drink your shakes with water and not milk because milk is casien and will make you fool and u cant' eat a PWO meal
    milk makes you fool guise