plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plaxxman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlift grip question

what is the proper grip? Do u grip the bar with your fingers, or with your palm? I have been told the proper way was to grip with your fingers.

Mass Quantities Consumer theGuy045's Avatar
    theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by plaxxman View Post
    what is the proper grip? Do u grip the bar with your fingers, or with your palm? I have been told the proper way was to grip with your fingers.
    I lock my fingers in place under the bar then wrap my palm back onto them locking everything in place a bit.
    '.'
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',
    stickies + search button = teaching a man to fish
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',','
    .'.________________

SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaratogaKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    grab the bar and grip it just like you would for anything else. Nothing special. I mean if you are talking about gripping it with the ends of your fingers, who ever told you that should not be lifting weights. I wana see that guy try and DL 315 using his fingers ha.
    DB Bench Press: 90x5
    Parallel Squats: 245x3
    Deadlift: 315x5

thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SaratogaKid View Post
    I wana see that guy try and DL 315 using his fingers ha.
    its not hard to grip 315 without having your palm touching the bar, just lift for a while

but to address OP, the more joints on the bar the better. more surface area for grippage = stronger grip
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com

The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You do not want the bar too far back in your palm b/c then your grip will be compromised...you want the bar a little closer to your fingers. http://stronglifts.com/how-to-grip-t...-on-deadlifts/

megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) megaman77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by im2manly View Post
    You do not want the bar too far back in your palm b/c then your grip will be compromised...you want the bar a little closer to your fingers. http://stronglifts.com/how-to-grip-t...-on-deadlifts/
    this

gripping the bar in the middle of your palm is not the correct position.
    ~Stylin On U Crew~

Have the courage to accept what you can't alter and to alter what you can't accept.

reps for life:
    DriDDerz

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I grip with da whole hand, and do one over(left) one under(right) grip.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

Has invisible lats perryvillelax93's Avatar
    perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perryvillelax93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I understand what you're saying, fingers. When I first started I had more palm on the bar and it weakened my grip and just tore up my hands. Most of my grip is fingers, my palm just touches the bar due to the way your hand is built. The fingers act almost like hooks, and the thumb locks around for support.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Winners never quit and quitters never win."

"Tomorrow doesn't care what today's food tasted like."

"Lift big, because somewhere there's a girl warming up with your max."

"I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."