Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    He keeps his chin down by his waist...there's a reason he got tagged with that flying knee, and it wasn't because he was going for a TD. He was shying away, and thinking about it, but committing half-ass and leaving a huge pause where he was exposed and not looking. If he backs his ass into the cage and lowers his head against Carwin, he's going to sleep.

I'd say Nog has better BJJ, but yeah. Most of the HW division has "meh" jits and Mir made his bones subbing people who didn't know what was going on.

Carwin has plenty of holes in his game too, but Brock doesn't have a whole lot of tricks and none of them seem really well suited for this fight. It's entirely possible that he'll come out with something new, but if he thinks he's gonna bang or top control to a decision/TKO, he's gonna have his hands full.
    i doubt Carwin is going to be throwing a flying knee somehow, although if it happens it would be pretty awesome.

I could say the same about Nog to be honest. He pretty much made his legacy submitting people with very lil bjj.

we'll find out fight night, imo if he can complete the takedown, which i think he will, itl be over in 10 minutes.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HG is probably correct. Lesnar's power wrestling and top control will not be as effective against someone as skilled and strong as he is. I have tended to believe that if Brock wants to take you down then you're going down but now I have my doubts because of the good points made ITT. It just might NOT be a given that Brock gets Carwin on his back. I hope he does complete a takedown because I'd be very interested in seeing how Carwin does at getting out of being in a bad position. Let's see if he can get Lesnar off him or if he gets pounded out.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    <------------------ has relaxed buttocks.
    Putting fools to sleep since 2005
    Prime BJJ

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rawr-the-dog View Post
    i doubt Carwin is going to be throwing a flying knee somehow, although if it happens it would be pretty awesome.

I could say the same about Nog to be honest. He pretty much made his legacy submitting people with very lil bjj.

we'll find out fight night, imo if he can complete the takedown, which i think he will, itl be over in 10 minutes.
    I never said that Carwin would throw a flying knee, but Brock reacts poorly when pressured, from a striking standpoint. If he would cover up and immediately dive for the TD, that's one thing, but he shys away from strikes and doesn't switch gears all that fast (from what little we've seen from him).

Fair enough about Nog, I suppose, but his BJJ was considered great because he was able to use it while taking punishment from the top, something Mir has never shown the ability to do.

I'd love to see how Brock's gas tank holds up for ten minutes against someone his own size putting up a fight. It would answer a lot of questions.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

fapping wilst on knees beaucephus's Avatar
    beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BORN2LOSE View Post
    <------------------ has relaxed buttocks.
    We're gonna need to get a close up of that.
    10k+

rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawr-the-dog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never said that Carwin would throw a flying knee, but Brock reacts poorly when pressured, from a striking standpoint. If he would cover up and immediately dive for the TD, that's one thing, but he shys away from strikes and doesn't switch gears all that fast (from what little we've seen from him).

Fair enough about Nog, I suppose, but his BJJ was considered great because he was able to use it while taking punishment from the top, something Mir has never shown the ability to do.

I'd love to see how Brock's gas tank holds up for ten minutes against someone his own size putting up a fight. It would answer a lot of questions.
    yea, i was joking

true about mir ,he does wilt under pressure

id wager it will hold up well, but its complete guess work. something we dont know yet.

ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000)
    1, he used to be a SHW when he was fighting in untested events. not claiming anything, but look at the difference in size in the last few years.

2: Lesnars striking is improving yea, and as i stated i give the advantage to Carwin in striking, but i feel its not as clear cut as everyone makes out.

3:I fail to see how its irrelevant. Brock has better credentials, simple as, sure you have exceptions like Gsp and the likes, but on average, a div 1 will be better than div 2, and from what ive seen, Brock has better wrestling.

4: The belt thing was pointed out earlier, but as i stated, he has got a high level trainer, and as Von brawn pointed out, he completely neutralised Mir, the best bjj practioner in the HW div.
    5: Ok , ill take back what i said about Nate, i was under the impression that he too , got his belt under Rolles.

just realised i went in reverse order, apologies.
    nog is the best bjj guy in the hw devision

Originally Posted by ajstylesisgod View Post
    nog is the best bjj guy in the hw devision
    id disagree.

HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    id disagree.
    You're right, it's probably Roy Nelson
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

hmm, i forgot about him, currently he's definitly in contention, but at the time of the brock fight, it was Mir

beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're most likely joking, but I'd have said this myself. Roy Nelson, as far as pure BJJ goes, is a very talented.
    10k+

Originally Posted by beaucephus View Post
    You're most likely joking, but I'd have said this myself. Roy Nelson, as far as pure BJJ goes, is a very talented.
    I was partially joking, but I'd put him right up there with Mir and Nog, not that he gets the respect he deserves.
    - Jens Pulver

I was partially joking, but I'd put him right up there with Mir and Nog, not that he gets the respect he deserves.
    I was kinda hoping Roger Gracie would move to HW. Would be smarter for him, considering King Mo is sitting at the top of the LHW division and will outwrestle him to death.
    10k+

Originally Posted by beaucephus View Post
    I was kinda hoping Roger Gracie would move to HW. Would be smarter for him, considering King Mo is sitting at the top of the LHW division and will outwrestle him to death.
    Roger will just go learn the secrets of James Toney's guillotine
    - Jens Pulver

Roger will just go learn the secrets of James Toney's guillotine
    Marcel Louzado has a better Guillotine and has been working with Mo every day. It'll be interesting to watch his next fight.

But yeah, Toney didn't hit that choke in live drilling. It was more half-speed sh0t going on.
    10k+

DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000) DahStoryTella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1: Carwins Bjj credentials. no offense to the man, but did he get his purp belt in greg jacksons place? the same place that gave rashad evans a blackbelt? the same place that gave nate marquardt a 2nd degree black belt? if so, then his bjj isnt really a factor...

Lesnar on the other hand has a purple belt under a 5+ world champion, and easily neutralised Mirs ground.
    - Rashad is a NOGI black belt under Rolles Gracie.
    - Marquardt is a black belt under Ricardio Murgel.
    - Surprisingly, Carwin's purple belt is under Marquardt.

Not arguing your points, just posting info.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    HG is probably correct. Lesnar's power wrestling and top control will not be as effective against someone as skilled and strong as he is. I have tended to believe that if Brock wants to take you down then you're going down but now I have my doubts because of the good points made ITT. It just might NOT be a given that Brock gets Carwin on his back. I hope he does complete a takedown because I'd be very interested in seeing how Carwin does at getting out of being in a bad position. Let's see if he can get Lesnar off him or if he gets pounded out.

Cosigned. I think Lesnar can take down Carwin, but he'll have to work for it.

Originally Posted by DahStoryTella View Post
    - Marquardt is a black belt under Ricardio Murgel.
    - Surprisingly, Carwin's purple belt is under Marquardt.

Not arguing your points, just posting info.
    Thanks for the info. no one seemed to know if it was under nate or rolles

WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Gomi View Post
    much weaker? i guarantee frank mir will disagree with you, and his facts will overrule your opinion.

and how will he win? will it be by 'brutalz GnP' or the flying omoplata since lesnar has 'so many weapons' yet hasnt ko'd ANYONE, lays n prays like a wet blanket, has no stand up, no subs, LITERALLY has one way to win, on top of having over a year off while carwin's been active?

you need to realize they are the same size, i dont see either fighter controlling the other, and the last time lesnar fought a wrestler (the ONLY time) it stayed on the feet, like probably this next time. 25 mins is a LONG time for blockhead to avoid carwins power, and everyone knows if it stays on the fight it wont last past the first 3 minutes for the soon to be ex champ

so how is blockhead supposed to win,i gotta hear this
    mmmkay, it's like this.....Brock will win by sheer POWER, boy. You're one of those idiots who claimed that Brock would never have a chance against anyone in the mma because he lacks skills, yet he blazoned his way into mma and threw guys like Mir around like they were made out of dust bunnies. Also, Mir is completely biased when it comes to giving his opinion on Carwin vs. Lesnar because he was humiliated by Lesnar and he hates Lesnar's attitude. Everything Mir says is meaningless..like before their fight when he was talking about how you have to respect your opponent and all this other BS. Lesnar is 180 degrees opposite of that kind of thinking and Mir got raped like a dirty beyotch. That is humiliating. Lesnar is the best fighter of this age, and he is twice as strong and more powerful than Carwin. Your opinions mean JACK, son. You don't know what yo'ure talking about, and nobody should listen to you. Now sit the F down and get schooled.

P.S. I know absolutely nothing about mma, which makes me twice as insightful as a mma jerkoff like you, who thinks he sees things that aren't there. You pull the cover over your own eyes because you're an ignoramus, and you will soon see that on July 3

HAVE A NICE DAY GUYS !

DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Why? If he's gonna continue to push his punches for the rest of his career, he's probably never gonna develop real KO power. Just how it is, brah.
    All punchers in UFC are pretty SHI-ITE even the supposed best of them, go ask Joe Lewis (Karate/ Kickboxing Legend) on his opinion on UFC guys as strikers.

And he knows what he's talking about!

Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DahStoryTella View Post
    just an FYI

The Rise of The Mc-Blackbelt: Rashad Evans Receives Meaningless Belt
    http://www.fighters.com/01/03/the-ri...?submit_foot=f

Thanks for the info. no one seemed to know if it was under nate or rolles
    we already told you it was rolles, a few posts back.
    "I would fight anyone of the UFC LW's, but the problem is that I will never put my foot in the octagon after they (UFC) tried to be funny, I would rather have bleeding hemorrhoids than fight for the UFC. I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight. - Joachim Hansen

“I would feel like a coward, like I’m running away,” - Mirko Crocop on moving to the 205lb LHW division

Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WowWeakForum View Post
    mmmkay, it's like this.....Brock will win by sheer POWER, boy. You're one of those idiots who claimed that Brock would never have a chance against anyone in the mma because he lacks skills, yet he blazoned his way into mma and threw guys like Mir around like they were made out of dust bunnies. Also, Mir is completely biased when it comes to giving his opinion on Carwin vs. Lesnar because he was humiliated by Lesnar and he hates Lesnar's attitude. Everything Mir says is meaningless..like before their fight when he was talking about how you have to respect your opponent and all this other BS. Lesnar is 180 degrees opposite of that kind of thinking and Mir got raped like a dirty beyotch. That is humiliating. Lesnar is the best fighter of this age, and he is twice as strong and more powerful than Carwin. Your opinions mean JACK, son. You don't know what yo'ure talking about, and nobody should listen to you. Now sit the F down and get schooled.

P.S. I know absolutely nothing about mma, which makes me twice as insightful as a mma jerkoff like you, who thinks he sees things that aren't there. You pull the cover over your own eyes because you're an ignoramus, and you will soon see that on July 3

HAVE A NICE DAY GUYS !
    this was blatantly obvious but thanks for letting everyone in on your little 'secret' lol

and WOW - 2 guys that are as similar as can be in height, weight, but one is TWICE AS POWERFUL (the guy with his dong in your mouth) - LOL. you're retarded dude, go get bent, then come back when you're not in troll mode, son.

if carwin wins, i bet you wont show your obviously uneducated troll ass for a month.
    "I would fight anyone of the UFC LW's, but the problem is that I will never put my foot in the octagon after they (UFC) tried to be funny, I would rather have bleeding hemorrhoids than fight for the UFC. I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight. - Joachim Hansen

“I would feel like a coward, like I’m running away,” - Mirko Crocop on moving to the 205lb LHW division

this was blatantly obvious but thanks for letting everyone in on your little 'secret' lol

and WOW - 2 guys that are as similar as can be in height, weight, but one is TWICE AS POWERFUL (the guy with his dong in your mouth) - LOL. you're retarded dude, go get bent, then come back when you're not in troll mode, son.

WHEN carwin wins, i bet you wont show your obviously uneducated troll ass for a month.
    fixed
    10k+

gonna have to agree to disagree on this, When they weigh in, or get in the cage, we'll know for sure. He could be lying to psyche Lesnar out for all i know.
    you can disagree all you want, but if you dont bother to watch the video where you can see him in the first post, you have no one to blame but yourself for being misinformed.

im sure carwin isnt lying about anything, do you really think he's going to be so stupid as to come in under 265 against a wrestler who has to come down in weight also? its illogical to think that shane wouldnt want to be as heavy as possible for this fight. i would bet that come fight time, they are VERY close in weight if not identical. carwin used to fight at SHW dude, remember that. lesnar hasnt.

Justsomeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I still say Fedor is the best fighter until proven otherwise.

Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000)
    This fight isnt going to be close. Im surprised to see some of the seasoned posters falling victim to the hype that is shane carwin. Carwin has random KO power that is it. Brock is stronger bigger more athletic more talented and better technically in every aspect. Hes also 10x as competitive. There is no way in hell brock lesnar loses to shane carwin. Shane knows hes going for the takedown right away the problem is he wont be able to do anything about it hes never seen that speed in a person that size.
    Business As Usual

Annapurna II

Anyone can look big standing alone

Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    "Yeah, you know, I train at 6,000 feet and that I think makes it a big factor for any fight."

It's funny to me when people start questioning his gas tank...no, we really haven't seen him go into a long fight, but unless he's just dicking around with his conditioning....doing it at 6K feet has GOT to help a brutha out...lol.
    I read studies that said training at altitude might not be as beneficial as once thought. I'll take a look for them. You still make a good point though. He seems like one of those guys that trains hard in every aspect, I doubt he has bad conditioning.

Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000) Bamsha is just really nice. (+1000)
    if carwin wins, i bet you wont show your obviously uneducated troll ass for a month.
    And if Lesnar wins, what will YOU do?

Its 50/50 to me, and all about if Lesnar will be able to bully Carwin or not, and that is what makes this fight so interesting. If he can take Carwin down, then Carwin has a punchers chance at best, but if he cant take him down, then I cant see how Lesnar can find a way to win at all.

Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Maiar View Post
    I read studies that said training at altitude might not be as beneficial as once thought. I'll take a look for them. You still make a good point though. He seems like one of those guys that trains hard in every aspect, I doubt he has bad conditioning.
    Half that **** is irrelevant with the amount of pharmaceutical/veterinarian drugs these guys are on.
    Business As Usual

Annapurna II

Anyone can look big standing alone

Registered User Addthefun123123's Avatar
    Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Addthefun123123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I only read the first page of this thread, so I'm sorry if any of these ideas and thoughts are identical:

If Brock fights intelligently, which is imo taking the fight to the ground, then I don't think Carwin has much of a chance, as Brock is just too good on the ground. The question is what happens when Brock goes for a takedown? If Carwin can stuff his takedowns and push him up against the fence like he did with Mir (who also looked bigger in size than Carwin) then Brock might be in some trouble. On the other hand, Carwin might be able to throw some punches at Brock as he is rushing in, and since Carwin has insane KO power, one of em could rock him. The problem is that I don't see Carwin ever going for punches when Brock goes for takedowns, simply because Carwin will need both arms to even attempt to stop Brock's takedowns.

Basically if Brock can get it to the ground, I really can not see Carwin getting up from it, at all, until the round ends. If Carwin surprisingly gases past round 1, well then it's pretty much over there too. The only chance Carwin has is to try to keep it standing imo, but once again, we haven't seen Brock's stand up too much, what if he has worked on it enough to be able to hang with Carwin, who is not a very technical striker?

All I can say is I can't wait for UFC 116!
    OWE ME reps for life: dcarrera

"I broke the mirror and I blew away the smoke, it was me who tapped, but it was you who broke." - Chael Sonnen

WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500)

Lesnar is stronger, quicker, and much faster than carwin you dumbass douchebag. All those things add up to..guess what...POWER. Once Lesnar wins, will you disappear from this mma fighting forum thingamajig? Oh, of course not...you'll still be on here making your dumbazz predictions just like you did with Mir and all your other idiot forecasts. Go stick your head in a wood chopper and make the world a better place, keyboard fairy.

lol...i just love myself