Dleary4395 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talk about motivation for losing fat!!!

Has anyone else here lost enough weight and inches on their waist to the point where you have to throw away all your jeans and shorts? I'm not even at my goal weight yet and i went to find a pair of shorts that i wanted to wear today just to find that when i put them on they fell right off. Even with a belt they just fold over on the waist and look ridiculous. I've gone from a size 38 waist to just above a size 32 in a little under 2 months. To those of you who are considering losing weight i can honestly say it's one of the best feelings in the world to be able to fit 2 of you inside a pair of pants that fit very snug before. Now i'm more motivated than ever, because i can see how close to my goal i am.
    April 1 - 225
    May 1 - 205
    June 1 - 196

G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G4M3R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What have you been doing to lose weight?

I have lost 66 lbs since Jan 1. I lost mine by cutting down what I ate for a while. Then changing what I drank to just water and diet soda when I go out because seems like when I get water at restaurants they serve nasty tap water. I have done the first month of Insanity twice now and seen huge improvements from that. I am not ready for the 2nd month (new workouts). It gets a lot more intense with it and based on what I am still able to get my heart rate to in the first DVD I think I'll be fine for a little bit. I just started the Atkins diet a week and a half ago. I am dropping pounds like nothing. It is now Tuesday and I have lost ~15 lbs since Monday. From what I hear I will gain a ton of weight when I come off this diet but for now it seems worth it to try. I'm hoping that if I come off the diet slowly instead of just quitting it I will be able to introduce carbs to my body slowly enough that it doesn't just start hoarding them all. Working out has been tough on the Atkins. I have had no energy or motivation since I started, but I have stuck to it pretty well so far. Only cheated once and that was for a hush puppy. Still trying to find out what works for my body, if you guys have any suggestions I'm open to them, as well as criticism.

sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've bought about 3 new pairs of jeans and a few pairs of shorts of decreasing sizes over the last 2 months. If you look at my progress, I lost about 4-5 inches off my waist in that time, so I've had to buy loads of new clothes! It's gotten expensive, but bloody hell it feels great!

At my largest (before previous cut last year) I was wearing almost 38" waist trousers and size XL shirts. Now I'm wearing 30 or 32" trousers, and size Small shirts

Bloody awesome feeling, although something inside me is concerned about wearing size 30 waist! Doesn't feel manly Stupid I know.
    starting stats 08/4-158.5 lbs,95cm waist, ~25% body fat
    current stats 16/7-146 lbs, 81cm waist, ~13.0% body fat

original short term goal = 16 July = 12% BF. Actual reached = 16 July = 13% BF.
    New short term goal = increase calories by 250/week, hope to hit 10-11% BF by the time I reach my bulking calories (3rd Sept).
    Medium term goal = 160 lbs @ 10% body fat by April 2011
    long term goal = 180 lbs, 10% body fat

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I started as a 36. When I went to the store recently, I bought a 31 thinking that it would be tight (didnt try it on). I was (and still am) shocked that it was too loose. I'm returning it this weekend and with the amount of extra room I had on the 31, I might be able to fit in a 29. I havent been a 29 since I was 17!
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

Originally Posted by G4M3R View Post
    What have you been doing to lose weight?

I have lost 66 lbs since Jan 1. I lost mine by cutting down what I ate for a while. Then changing what I drank to just water and diet soda when I go out because seems like when I get water at restaurants they serve nasty tap water. I have done the first month of Insanity twice now and seen huge improvements from that. I am not ready for the 2nd month (new workouts). It gets a lot more intense with it and based on what I am still able to get my heart rate to in the first DVD I think I'll be fine for a little bit. I just started the Atkins diet a week and a half ago. I am dropping pounds like nothing. It is now Tuesday and I have lost ~15 lbs since Monday. From what I hear I will gain a ton of weight when I come off this diet but for now it seems worth it to try. I'm hoping that if I come off the diet slowly instead of just quitting it I will be able to introduce carbs to my body slowly enough that it doesn't just start hoarding them all. Working out has been tough on the Atkins. I have had no energy or motivation since I started, but I have stuck to it pretty well so far. Only cheated once and that was for a hush puppy. Still trying to find out what works for my body, if you guys have any suggestions I'm open to them, as well as criticism.
    I've been doing a 5 day split with 2 days of active rest, and keeping a VERY strict diet. My friends actually make fun of me because i count my calories so much and refuse to down slices of pizza and things like that at parties. But my 6 pack is starting to come in so we'll see who's laughing in the end. My motivation level has jumped from a 10/10 to a 20/10 when i started seeing the first cuts in my abs. It's such an amazing feeling to accomplish something like this. I never thought i could do it and then one day i was just sick of being overweight and BOOM.
    April 1 - 225
    May 1 - 205
    June 1 - 196

DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPerks91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went from a size 44 to a 34. Best feeling ever.

Life is Better with b00sT staged's Avatar
    staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50) staged will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Feelsgoodman.jpg

Best thing I have ever done in my life.

I went from a 48 to a 34 and never looked back in my life (Although I did keep 1 pair of my largest jeans and have them tucked away just as a reminder of how hard I have accomplished and how hard it was to get there!)

Keep on trucking man best feeling ever!!!

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    awesome man!

ive gone from a size 42...getting real tight...to 36s i wear now....lose. keep meaning to try on a pair of 34 for shizzles and gizzles.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cant wait to fit in my old jeans again and that is huge motivation.. the thing i hate though is that i have HUGE thighs (always have had them even when I had a six pack in high school lol) so sometimes I can't wear those designer jeans, but still, just seeing a size 34 jeans on you even if it is baggy it nice..
    Palumbo Diet Started 6/21 at 268
    Palumbo Diet Ended 10/17 at 228

Originally Posted by Hzar View Post
    I cant wait to fit in my old jeans again and that is huge motivation.. the thing i hate though is that i have HUGE thighs (always have had them even when I had a six pack in high school lol) so sometimes I can't wear those designer jeans, but still, just seeing a size 34 jeans on you even if it is baggy it nice..
    Just keep at it. That feeling will be the best satisfaction you've had in a long time.
    April 1 - 225
    May 1 - 205
    June 1 - 196

jkbanman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkbanman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went from a very tight 40 to a very loose 36 (in the waist). I tried on a pair of 34 but the legs were way too tight around my quads... I am used to loose fitting jeans so i didnt like the way that felt too much. My extra large shirts look like dresses on me and even some of my large shirts are getting too big. Its a good feeling!!!

Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ed-B will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, it's a great feeling and a true measure of a successful cut when your pants get loose at the waist.

I'm fitting size 29 pants myself - haven't fit that size in friggin' decades, yes srs. I got up to size 34 for a while (arghhh)... Now none of my suits fit, the dress pants are all loose, my shorts are all clinched in at the waist. This could get expensive :-0

On the flip side, the suit jackets and sports coats are tight across the shoulders ;-)

Just a few years ago, I gave away bags of plain-front khakis and jeans that would fit perfectly now... Oh, I wish I had only known that I'd be this size again. I never thought it would happen.

...And I couldn't be happier about it!

FitnessJunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessJunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats to all. Yes it's such an awesome feeling when your clothes are getting smaller and smaller! It keep the motivation alive!

One thing I do is keep an old pair of shorts or pants around. Every now and then I hit a stagnant wall and a dip in motivation. I take a look at my old clothes vs my new and BAM motiviation is back!

Keep up the great work all!
    EC

"Good things come to those who wait, but are the leftovers from those who hustle"

"Work beyond the burn. The body gives up only when the mind does"

"I'll call your burn and raise you another rep"

RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000) RCII is just really nice. (+1000)
    Losing weight is very expensive. I'm glad my wife isnt too upset and me updating my wardrobe again.

October 2009 - 210, Size 36
    June 2010 - 185, Size 32/34
    I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat. I mean, he's got a weight problem. What's the brotha gonna do? He's Samoan.

TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheXFactorJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have clothing I got from high school events that I'm beginning to wear again now. It feels great.
    You wouldn't worry what others think if you knew how seldom they did.

bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm down a pant size from 38's to 36's, and three belt holes tighter than when I started. Also down to L shirts from XL. I'm only down about 20ish pounds, and I've got another 35 to go. If I can get into 34's or even 33's I'll be stoked! I've got a pretty big frame for my height (5'8), even when I was a kid I was wearing 32/33's and that was before I finished growing.

At the rate I'm going, by fall I'm going to need new pants and definitely new dress shirts for work! I'm thinking I might wait until I get to the 34 range, because once I get to the low 'teens BF, I'm going to bulk. I don't anticipate needing to go back up to 36's, hopefully anyway.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [Start: 9/xx/2021: 230] ►► [Current: 145]
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm back in the game!

rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    44 to a 32 and XXL to M/L, feels great.
    When everyone else has quit because they can't go on are you willing to push yourself to the next level?

If you ain't breaking a sweat, you ain't doing sh....

Jackson1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    42 to 32 waist and shirt size xxl to m.

Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dleary4395 View Post
    Has anyone else here lost enough weight and inches on their waist to the point where you have to throw away all your jeans and shorts? I'm not even at my goal weight yet and i went to find a pair of shorts that i wanted to wear today just to find that when i put them on they fell right off. Even with a belt they just fold over on the waist and look ridiculous. I've gone from a size 38 waist to just above a size 32 in a little under 2 months. To those of you who are considering losing weight i can honestly say it's one of the best feelings in the world to be able to fit 2 of you inside a pair of pants that fit very snug before. Now i'm more motivated than ever, because i can see how close to my goal i am.
    Keep a pair of your fat pants always. It's so much fun to put them on every once and awhile to feel how big you used to be.

I'm rocking a 38w right now. I was a 48w at my largest and carried around a 46w for a very long time before that.
    "You show me someone who got fat eating fruit and I'll show you someone with a deep fryer and too much time on their hands."

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

Originally Posted by Il_Dago View Post
    Keep a pair of your fat pants always. It's so much fun to put them on every once and awhile to feel how big you used to be.

I'm rocking a 38w right now. I was a 48w at my largest and carried around a 46w for a very long time before that.
    Yeah i went into my closet today and tried on 4 or 5 different pairs of shorts and they just fell off when i buttoned them and took my hands off them.
    April 1 - 225
    May 1 - 205
    June 1 - 196

Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iam918 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tight 48w pants prob woulda had to go w/ 50's if I would have had to buy new ones.
    XXXL shirts - starting to get snug

Currently
    34/36 pants (depends on brand)
    M-L shirt - Mostly Large a Few brands can go Med.

As I dropped I only switched pants & shirts every 2 or 3 sizes. By the time I would buy a pair or two the old stuff would be falling off / parachutes. Couple weeks ago though I dropped ~$500ish on a whole new closet of clothes.

Feels great & I'm not done yet so More clothes to come.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!

Losing weight is not impossible, if you dedicate yourself to it the reward outweighs the sacrifice. -- rel83

Aug 1 - Nov 1 Cut:
    8-1: 172.4 | 8-8: 171.0 | 8-15: 169.8 | 8-22: 172.0 | 8-29: 1xx.x | Month Total:
    9-5: 1xx.x | 9-12: 1xx.x | 9-19: 1xx.x | 9-26: 1xx.x | Month Total:
    10-3: 1xx.x | 10-10: 1xx.x | 10-17: 1xx.x | 10-24: 1xx.x | 10-31 1xx.x | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 11-1: (Goal: 160lbs)

Originally Posted by Iam918 View Post
    Tight 48w pants prob woulda had to go w/ 50's if I would have had to buy new ones.
    XXXL shirts - starting to get snug

Currently
    34/36 pants (depends on brand)
    M-L shirt - Mostly Large a Few brands can go Med.

As I dropped I only switched pants & shirts every 2 or 3 sizes. By the time I would buy a pair or two the old stuff would be falling off / parachutes. Couple weeks ago though I dropped ~$500ish on a whole new closet of clothes.

Feels great & I'm not done yet so More clothes to come.
    In all honesty i completely gave up buying new clothes. I try them on in the store, take them home, then by the time i would go to wear them they'd be too big. So i just invested in about 7 pairs of athletic shorts, gotta love the draw strings.
    April 1 - 225
    May 1 - 205
    June 1 - 196