nickybunny1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need a Bit of Support

Hi all

i had been doing ckd for about 3 months and was loving it but felt about a month and a half ago that i could control adding back in some more carbs, having porridge daily and the odd treat here and there just to change the food choices as well but now i fhave found that i am loosing control again and for the past week have been eatting really badly and back to my old habbits of handfuls of cereal, biscuits and i had a really bad binge at the weekend (mostly the binges are at my mums cause i dont keep any bad stuff in the cupboard. The CKD worked well for me and i want to get back onto it soo bad.

Anyone else think oh i will go back to a "normal" eatting regime with control and find they become a sugar monster again - just want to know i am not alone !
    Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever

Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    Hi all

i had been doing ckd for about 3 months and was loving it but felt about a month and a half ago that i could control adding back in some more carbs, having porridge daily and the odd treat here and there just to change the food choices as well but now i fhave found that i am loosing control again and for the past week have been eatting really badly and back to my old habbits of handfuls of cereal, biscuits and i had a really bad binge at the weekend (mostly the binges are at my mums cause i dont keep any bad stuff in the cupboard. The CKD worked well for me and i want to get back onto it soo bad.

Anyone else think oh i will go back to a "normal" eatting regime with control and find they become a sugar monster again - just want to know i am not alone !
    You're not the first or the last person to go through this. So many times one little "
    treat" turns into a big long binge. The important thing to remeber is don't get down on yourself, understand you ate like crap for awhile it was fun and then just get back on the bandwagon and keep going with your diet. If you find that adding porridge in leads to you cheating you might want to cut it out, it's probably spiking your insulin and giving you cravings. You can find things that fit into your diet that sometimes make you feel like your cheat, like low carb tortillas, low carb breads (harder to find), almonds, cashews. Those things are higher in carbs but probably won't lead to you going crazy with the carbs.

Thanks

Hey thanks for that because i have been beating myself stupid with the guilt stick and thinking whats the point, but u r right, it has been fun but i will get back into doing the CKD which i enjoyed - thing is sometimes i say to people "aw i am eatting the CKD way" they actually think aw here we go again, and tell me just to eat properly with control instead of doing fads cause they think i am after a quick fix and sometimes the mindset of others makes me think am i eatting wrongly doing CKD - but i have to just have confidence in my eatting choice i guess because i feel better eatting this way, more level and less blood sugar spikes, binges etc

bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That's all you need to tell yourself. This is your diet, and it makes you feel better. You only live once so learn from your mistakes and do better next time. I followed the keto diet for over a year and lost 35 pounds, then met my wife and fell off the wagon. I'm back up about 15 pounds eating crap. I've had my fun eating whatever, now I'm goin back to what I knew worked for me. Plus it's easier for my stomach.
    Don't beat yourself up over something as simple as eating. Just keep doing works for you and dedicate yourself to it! Good luck!

Glad I am not alone!!

Hey Bendosia glad i am not in this boat alone !! Yes i am starting fresh tomorrow morning - would do this evening but bought alot of veggie quorn stuff recently so will finish that off cause it costs too much to waste and back on the waggon for breakfast - am going shopping this evening for my keto foods to be fully prepared. When are u starting back on keto??

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The reason I like Keto is because I feel much better on a daily basis and have tons of energy without crashes after meals. It eliminates the tired, groggy feeling that I lived with for most of my life. It has cleared up issues that I've had with my stomach and digestion as well.

Don't allow peoples misinformed opinions affect your health and happiness. If it is right for you, then keep it up.

bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Bendosia glad i am not in this boat alone !! Yes i am starting fresh tomorrow morning - would do this evening but bought alot of veggie quorn stuff recently so will finish that off cause it costs too much to waste and back on the waggon for breakfast - am going shopping this evening for my keto foods to be fully prepared. When are u starting back on keto??

I'm going keto, warrior diet style. I like not eating throughout the day, and I don't find myself having a lack of energy (perk of sitting on my butt all day at the office). Been doing this since last week.

I got my essentials already: meats, eggs, cheese, and veggies. My wife can't stand not eating bread and pasta, so I got that in the fridge as well.

Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey thanks for that because i have been beating myself stupid with the guilt stick and thinking whats the point, but u r right, it has been fun but i will get back into doing the CKD which i enjoyed - thing is sometimes i say to people "aw i am eatting the CKD way" they actually think aw here we go again, and tell me just to eat properly with control instead of doing fads cause they think i am after a quick fix and sometimes the mindset of others makes me think am i eatting wrongly doing CKD - but i have to just have confidence in my eatting choice i guess because i feel better eatting this way, more level and less blood sugar spikes, binges etc
    Yup telling people how and why you are eating the way you eat gets old sometimes. Trying to explain to people why you are eating a hamburger without a bun and telling them your trying to eath "healthy,better etc" only to hear them laugh and say thats not healthy also gets old. But usually they shut their mouth and give up when your results speak for themselves, so just keep at it and let your results speak for themselves

nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bet everyone does this; we get careless ... I can handle this or that ... and then go completely off track. I swear I start keto 3 x a year. I catch myself when I see I'm up pounds then go back to 40/40/20, ultimately end up on keto again. I have, in the past, avoided the carb up phase of the diet. This time I'm doing the carb ups and hoping that'll keep me on track. So far so good ...
    When you don't know what you're talking about just stop talking.

You’ll never be old and wise if you weren’t young and crazy.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=nikkiloo2;493081001]I catch myself when I see I'm up pounds QUOTE]

How about catching yourself when you're up 30? Never again I tell you.

nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nikkiloo2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE=yabbyshmabby;493081681]
    Originally Posted by nikkiloo2 View Post
    I catch myself when I see I'm up pounds QUOTE]

How about catching yourself when you're up 30? Never again I tell you.
    lol ... I'd have probably done that if I hadn't thrown away my big clothes. I hate having to squeeze myself into stuff that doesn't fit ... makes me feel like a sausage.

Originally Posted by nikkiloo2 View Post
    lol ... I'd have probably done that if I hadn't thrown away my big clothes. I hate having to squeeze myself into stuff that doesn't fit ... makes me feel like a sausage.
    It's funny, 'cause that's where I am right now.

Thanks

I have done my second day now back in keto - i feel tired and sluggish but know that will pass but food wise feel more content and less stressed plus stomach is back to where it should be! I am much happier now!! Oh i love cheese!! I realise too that my goals i am setting have too big a time line and that makes them not as achievable i think so i have a main goal - it is to wear a crop top out running (vain i know) and have really ripped abs but on a day to day basis i am setting smaller goals - like yesterday was to get through my one day of keto - actually wasnt hard, i am not craving carbs at all tonight is to do a weights session so on the wagon i am keto friends!!

I have done my second day now back in keto - i feel tired and sluggish but know that will pass but food wise feel more content and less stressed plus stomach is back to where it should be! I am much happier now!! Oh i love cheese!! I realise too that my goals i am setting have too big a time line and that makes them not as achievable i think so i have a main goal - it is to wear a crop top out running (vain i know) and have really ripped abs but on a day to day basis i am setting smaller goals - like yesterday was to get through my one day of keto - actually wasnt hard, i am not craving carbs at all tonight is to do a weights session so on the wagon i am keto friends!!

Gives you something to feel good about when you set small goals ...