Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000)

Lifting w/ friends who think they know more than you

It doesn't make me mad or anything, just something on my mind... I have three great friends who are into what sort of lifting I'd consider to be cardio (low weight, high reps, no rest, pyramid sets, working the same muscle 2-3 days a week, skip out on a few fundamentals like deadlift, bent over rows, etc), while I do a more cardio style. I love to lift with these guys but they're always like "Man when you gonna lift like a real man" or "You gonna try to lift for real" or "You going to lift with us the right way for a change?". The ironic thing is I'm considerably bigger, more cut, and taller then either one and I can push more weight on every single excersize than them. I just say "Can't hang with you guys", or "Sorry man your method's too tough for me, lemme go lift a girly way" with a smile and go do my own thing. These guys are cool but I think they'd get a lot better gains if they'd take my advice.

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Huh? Who is doing which type of lifting?
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

baaaaaaaaaaaam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do you think 95% of the people who read this are thinkin?

ignore them.

end of story...why bother with meatheads like this?

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how does being taller than them prove anything?
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Let your gains speak for themselves.

cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cz2898 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if they know more than you then their muscles will show it, and if they dont then obviously they will stay weak.

3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 3doz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One reason why I lift by myself. Whenever people try to show me the "correct" why of lifting or the "correct" sets,reps, etc. I just kindly nod my head and return to what I was doing. (Yes, I have taken advice before though, but a came from people who knew what they were doing. Ex. placement of the bar when squatting. Squat low.)
    Last edited by 3doz; 02-01-2005 at 09:32 PM.

xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cz2898
    if they know more than you then their muscles will show it, and if they dont then obviously they will stay weak.
    exactly. my friends listen and respect me because im bigger than them. gotta figure im doing something right, so they tag along.

Tell ur friends they should lift with u for 1 month and than they'll see the gains.

Anatoliy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man, forget them, sure they're your friends and all, but just keep focusing on you at the gym. I have a friend that I work out with who is kind of like that. For example, he called me today, and says, "Man, can you skip working out today, I don't feel to good, and if you don't go to the gym, we can both do chest tomorrow.." hahaha...it was funny...I obviously told him no, and that I'm going to the gym and don't care if he comes along. When I go to the gym, I don't even ussually hang out with my friends or work out with them, I put on my head phones and do my own thing.

13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 13laze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    shut up and lift

hiloracerboy84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lift by urself. it gets things done YOUR way faster and more easily. like everyone has already said, if youve got the gains to show it, keep at it. ^^put on the headphones and enter into your own little world and lift.

MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetaPhysical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big_League
    It doesn't make me mad or anything, just something on my mind... I have three great friends who are into what sort of lifting I'd consider to be cardio (low weight, high reps, no rest, pyramid sets, working the same muscle 2-3 days a week, skip out on a few fundamentals like deadlift, bent over rows, etc), while I do a more cardio style. I love to lift with these guys but they're always like "Man when you gonna lift like a real man" or "You gonna try to lift for real" or "You going to lift with us the right way for a change?". The ironic thing is I'm considerably bigger, more cut, and taller then either one and I can push more weight on every single excersize than them. I just say "Can't hang with you guys", or "Sorry man your method's too tough for me, lemme go lift a girly way" with a smile and go do my own thing. These guys are cool but I think they'd get a lot better gains if they'd take my advice.
    Challenge them to a max out competition. That'll show em whose boss.
    To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and to listen to the lamentations of their women. This is what is good in life.

- Conan, The Barbarian

Funny quotes from the R&P section:

lol, every post by Vargas is like a fortune cookie of stupid.

- Melkor

Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh I guess I typed it wrong, I lift HIT/Max-OT style and they lift like it's cardio.

Anyways it's not that it bugs me a lot, just the fact that they refuse to do anything except their way even though I'm bigger, more cut, and taller (my back/legs/arms/etc are THICKER then theirs even though I'm taller and less BF. This isn't like I'm taller and look skinny but tricked myself into thinking I'm big because I'm tall, I'm bigger than them while still being taller and visible sixpack).

The worst part is they could get gains more like mine if they'd just listen to me. I have no idea why they're bent on their way when I am obviously getting better gains, but I've given up on trying to convince them. It's their loss and my gain, but they're too stubborn to get good gains.

Yeah we maxed out and I can beat any of them on any single excersize. One of them told me the only reason I can sqaut and deadlift more is because I'm taller. Being taller makes it harder because there's more distance to cover, but uh okay .

Oh well, maybe in a few months when I'm still growing and they start complaining about being small they'll listen to me .

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big_League
    I'm bigger than them while still being taller and visible sixpack
    that still proves nothing, having visible abs doesnt mean you know anything about lifting. it just means you have low bodyfat right now.
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    se i know more then like all my friends but for example theres a 21 year old that we are friends with thats huge,like lierally twice as strong as me. But he does everythign the "sterotypical" way and wrong. but its hard to say anything against him or prove to my friends that i am right b\c well i dont have the results liek him to prove it since i just started.