Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eating Raw Oatmeal

Do any of you guys/girls ever eaten dry, raw oatmeal? like the Quakers kind of oatmeal? And is it healthy eating just raw oatmeal?

I like to eat dry oatmeal, and then drink .25L/.5L water.
    "No man has the right to be an amatuer in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." -Socrates

"If you want to look like some Abercrombie model, then find another program and enjoy your nice, easy training style. If you are serious about adding muscle to your frame, then get under the damn bar and make it happen. "

Hidamari is life Lifterforlife10's Avatar
    Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I kinda like eating it raw too, but I usually cook it. I don't think the nutrition facts would change at all. They shouldn't, at least. then again, i am no professional

Nine Inch Toe Nails FearNoWeight's Avatar
    FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ianstewart View Post
    I kinda like eating it raw too, but I usually cook it. I don't think the nutrition facts would change at all. They shouldn't, at least. then again, i am no professional
    I'd assume that they might not digest as well raw vs cooked.
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder... but nobody wanna lift this HEAVY-ASS-WEIGHT!!! I'll do it though!!!"

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love raw oats.. I always eat them raw. The last time I cooked them, I hated them and it upset my stomach. The nutrition of the oats would not change at all.
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

Hidamari is life Lifterforlife10's Avatar
    Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't eat them that often, but I guess they might digest different. Iunno
    I prefer cooked overall though.

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I blend a half cup of raw oats into my shake twice a day. Tastes fine.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cant remember the last time I cooked them.
    BULKING AND NOT WANTING TO GAIN FAT IS LIKE HAVING SEX AND NOT WANTING TO GET OFF. IT IS NOT VERY PRODUCTIVE.

Citius, Altius, Fortius Olympique's Avatar
    Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes. Dry old-fashioned quaker oats with milk here, since I was a teenager.
    Ultimate goal: to engage in a healthy lifestyle which I can sustain and enjoy for
    the rest of my existence. No "diets", no "cycles". Just constantly improve.

Let no one persuade you by word or deed to do or say whatever is not best for you.

adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) adalekstazchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, thanks for the info guys

and i do think that cooked oats have more calories than raw oats. Since you increase the temperature, you increase the amount of Joules to increase the temperature of the oats, so since your eating raw oats at around 68* F, and cooked oats at around 150 * F, there are less Joules in raw then cooked. Everyone gets it, right? xD
    "No man has the right to be an amatuer in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." -Socrates

"If you want to look like some Abercrombie model, then find another program and enjoy your nice, easy training style. If you are serious about adding muscle to your frame, then get under the damn bar and make it happen. "

Nine Inch Toe Nails FearNoWeight's Avatar
    FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearNoWeight is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adalekstazchuck View Post

and i do think that cooked oats have more calories than raw oats. Since you increase the temperature, you increase the amount of Joules to increase the temperature of the oats, so since your eating raw oats at around 68* F, and cooked oats at around 150 * F, there are less Joules in raw then cooked. Everyone gets it, right? xD
    That sounds absurd, lol.

EDIT: Jk?
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder... but nobody wanna lift this HEAVY-ASS-WEIGHT!!! I'll do it though!!!"

Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love them raw with cold milk!!! Specially if I eat them after the workout on summer.

Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat mine raw, something about them raw that i like, i dunno...

Cegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

That's not correct in the slightest.

Please review thermodynamics.

easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000) easye7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Anticrombie315 View Post
    I blend a half cup of raw oats into my shake twice a day. Tastes fine.
    x2...drinking a cup of powdered up oats is easy as hell

by raw do u mean just eating them like a cold cereal? just pour milk on, add some fruit maybe?

elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000) elyk is just really nice. (+1000)
    i eat steel cut oats raw and some of it doesnt get digested i noticed. not a problem for me though.

Originally Posted by Cegar View Post
    That's not correct in the slightest.

Please review thermodynamics.
    if it works with water, why can't it work with oats? It takes a certain amount of joules in an object to increase the temperature of the object. in this case, oats.

Originally Posted by easye7 View Post
    x2...drinking a cup of powdered up oats is easy as hell

by raw do u mean just eating them like a cold cereal? just pour milk on, add some fruit maybe?
    by raw i mean straight out of the bag, no cokking or putting in water, just grab a handfull, shove it in your mouth and chew.

Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yaxley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    by raw i mean straight out of the bag, no cokking or putting in water, just grab a handfull, shove it in your mouth and chew.
    In that case...ew! xD

Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bucka689 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i love eating raw oats, i never cook them

mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if it works with water, why can't it work with oats? It takes a certain amount of joules in an object to increase the temperature of the object. in this case, oats.
    That's not how it works pal.

rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rocky21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I mix them in with some fruit yogurt in the morning. it's good stuff, tastes great
    lift hard, get big.

Originally Posted by mistahans View Post
    That's not how it works pal.
    Are you sure? My Chemistry teachers told me that this applies to everything your eating. When food is colder, it has less caloric value than food that is warm or hot.

JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JingleAllTheWAY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by elyk View Post
    i eat steel cut oats raw and some of it doesnt get digested i noticed. not a problem for me though.
    dude wtf. how are you able to chew steel cut oats? they are like rock hard.

wilcleod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you sure? My Chemistry teachers told me that this applies to everything your eating. When food is colder, it has less caloric value than food that is warm or hot.
    no! cold water will have a higher caloric deficit from thje body because it must heat up the water to your normal temperature, therefore using energy (calories) to do this!

Now made w/ real sarcasm! WheyAddict's Avatar
    WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I eat raw oats with almond milk all the time.
    Back from my second rotator cuff injury... back to bulkng, trying to gain 8lbs over the next 8 weeks...

3/29/10... start bulk 161lbs @9%bf

RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000) RobocopIsBack is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love cooked oats with splenda, cinnimoin, and peanut butter.

Citius, Altius, Fortius Olympique's Avatar
    Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    holy bumps
    Ultimate goal: to engage in a healthy lifestyle which I can sustain and enjoy for
    the rest of my existence. No "diets", no "cycles". Just constantly improve.

Let no one persuade you by word or deed to do or say whatever is not best for you.

W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W11_YHO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love mine semi raw with just enough water to mash it up without it turning it into liquid form, just nice and dry to chew =). Can taste the PB better too.

avi from December 2010 RoyalGunz's Avatar
    RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000) RoyalGunz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat them raw sometimes.

This this, it tastes amazing and like a chocolate cereal:
    1 cup oats (raw of course!) + 1.5 cup milk + 1 scoop chocolate protein = Amazing.!! (do not microwave though!).

I love it!
    1k+

jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jr2648 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    almond butter and other nuts with cranberries... delicious