ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Time To Get To It

Program: BFL (Body For Life)
    Weight: 190lbs
    Goal: 175lbs (25lbs of fat loss, 10lbs of muscle gain)

Day 1:

Pic Taken

Morning 4:30AM:
    2 Glass water

Gym 5:15AM:
    HIIT 17 Min - So hard, but felt so good after, need to push to 20

Breakfast 7:30AM
    2 Egg Whites, peppers, onions, and mushrooms

Lunch 12:00PM
    Main: One whole wheat wrap, grilled cajun chicken, onions, tomatoes, lettuce
    Vegetable: Side of carrots
    Drink: 1 can diet soda & 2 glass water

Snack 3:00PM
    8oz cup chicken soup, 1 can diet soda

Dinner 6:00PM
    Main: Grilled chicken, salt, pepper, hot chili peppers
    Vegetable: 4 cups - onions, peppers, squash
    (lightly sprayed pan with Pam Olive Oil)

Summary:
    Awesome day one, not hungry at night! However, I feel like I ate too much possibly? But that is the beauty of the program, I guess we will find out. Looking forward to hitting the weights again tomorrow.
    "You only get out of something, what you put into it."

ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItTakesTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 2:

2 Glass water

Upper Body Workout (All up on GDocs)
    - In short, need to plan better but took about 50Min, intense and felt good, ended on a bad note when I could have done much better on my biceps. Overall awesome start, I know because I am very sore today!

12oz cup chicken soup
    Drink: 2 glass water
    - For some reason I was very hungry and could not wait to eat the soup

Muslce Milk - 12oz

Main: Grilled chicken, salt, pepper, hot chili peppers
    Vegetable: 4 cups - onions, peppers, squash
    (lightly sprayed pan with Pam Olive Oil)

Summary:
    Good day, felt like I ate a little too much at lunch. But had a large appetite today. Exhausted in the afternoon and ended up crashing at 8:30pm!

Day 3:

2 Glass water

HIIT 20 Min - So hard, but felt so good after, need to push harder as I am starting to get my stamina back

12oz cup chicken, barley

Orange

Bottle of water

Snack 9:00PM
    Protein shake, apple

Summary:
    Another good day, feeling pretty well. Have to keep watching my diet, that is the most important piece.

Day 4:

2 Glass water

HIIT 20 Min - So hard, but felt so good after, I believe I will be able to hit 20 on Saturday

Snack 10:00AM
    1 Orange

12oz cup chicken, barley

Orange

Main: 8oz of Chicken
    Vegetable: 2 Cups broccoli, 1 cup onions, handful of pistachios
    Bottle of water

1 Orange

Summary:
    Another good day, feeling pretty well. Have to keep watching my diet, that is the most important piece.
    Last edited by ItTakesTime; 01-08-2010 at 06:05 AM.

Day 5:

2 Glass water

- In short, need to plan better but took about 50Min, intense and felt good, ended on a better note then Tuesday, planned well for arms. But it got very crowded around the end which I hate.

2 Hardboiled Eggs, muscle milk

Orange

12oz cup chicken soup

Orange

Main: 2 Rolls Salmon Sushi
    1 Gin & Tonic
    - I figured it was a good friday meal, much better than my usual fridays

9:00PM
    1 Glass wine
    - elected not to go out tonight, much better choice on the wallet and diet

Summary:
    Good day, felt like I ate a little too much but I was hungry and I am guessing it was because of the weights. I am hoping that next week I will settle into my routine and I won't get as hungry.

Day 6:

Morning 10:00AM
    2 Glass water

Gym 11:15AM:
    Supposed to be run but gym was packed! So we went to grocery store instead

Lunch: At package of granola and a bag of multigrain chips, over 1200 calories! First mistake of this diet. But I get a free day so I just decided to switch today and sunday

Dinner: Shrimp scampi, no pasta, 2 beers and glass of wine

- At this point I was just trying to minimize the damage

Summary:
    This was my "free day" but I ate a ton, even though it was healthy, a calorie is a calorie and I am going to have to hit the gym hard tomorrow. I was happy with myself and deterring the pasta at dinner, I guess I can look at it as a small win in an overall failure. Need to get back to the strict diet tomorrow.

Day 7:

Morning 10:00AM
    2 Glass water

Snack 11:15AM:
    Detour Bar

2:00PM
    Lunch: 2 Skinless Wings, apple, water

5:00PM
    Run - 20 Min Jog

7:00PM
    Dinner: Salad, pita bread

Summary:
    Today was good, a basic Sunday. I spent most of it at work and the gym was absolutely packed so I just decided to hit the gym in my basement even thought it is a POS. I actually like the week more than the weekend because I get into my normal routine. So much easier, and I never thought I would say this, but I am looking forward to Monday.

Day 8:

Weighed In: 189lbs

2 Glass water

HIIT 20 Min - So hard, but felt so good after, I finally was able to finish! Felt damn good after a rough weekend.

12oz cup chicken, barley

Bottle of water

1 Apple

Summary:
    A good day, I need some more snacks in between my meals as I am afraid my metabolism is going to dip a little low during that time. Overall an excellent start to the week.
    Last edited by ItTakesTime; 01-13-2010 at 04:35 AM.

Day 9:

2 Glass water

- Good day, got there early and gym wasn't crowded. It was worth it to get up earlier with the gym less crowded. Everything went well, need to focus more at the end for arms.

Egg White Omlett with Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms

12oz cup chicken soup

Vegetable: 2 Cups broccoli, 1 cup onions, handful of pistachios, apple
    Bottle of water

Apple

Summary:
    Good day, routine is going very well this week. Need to stay focused for the rest of the week.

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good job man, you're definitely on your way.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

Day 10:

2 Glass water

HIIT 20 Min - I was rushed today to get to work for an early meeting.

Snack 9:00AM
    Chocolate Muscle Milk

12oz cup chicken, barley

Main: Garden salad: 12oz of Chicken, 2 tbsp balsamic
    Side: 1 Apple
    Bottle of water

1 Apple

Today was good as well. Just keep on rolling. It got tough when I went out to dinner with a friend but I bit the bullet, ordered a water and a salad and just took the criticism. Sometimes people disgust me for hating on those who are trying to change themselves for the better. I felt so much better about myself afterward though, it was worth it.

Day 11:

2 Glass water

Gym 5:00AM:
    HIIT 20 Min - I was rushed today to get to work for an early meeting once again, but I still committed and busted it out.

12oz cup chicken, barley

Snack:
    3 Large Thin Mints
    - I should have said no, first mistake of the week

Dinner 8:00PM
    Main: Grilled Chicken wrap with bacon, french fries
    Side: 4 slices bread with hummus
    2 beers
    - this was a rough meal but I had a hockey game that night and I thought I could reason eating a ton becuase I would burn that many calories

Workout 10:30PM
    Hockey game - played almost the entire game so I'm guessing I burned about 800 cals

Today was a rough day. I can't justify my hockey games and a good excuse to eat like crap. Even though I did exercise a ton yesterday, I still ate like crap and wouldn't be surprised if I actually finished with a positive amount of calories becuase I was eating dense food and drinking. Either way I'm back on it today and have been good so far. I am looking forward to the weekend and staying with it.

Day 12:

Woke-Up: 6:30AM
    - Skipped first workout, had enormous headache from not enough sleep, I am guessing from the hockey the night before
    - 2 glass water

Lunch 11:30AM
    12oz cup chicken, barley

Dinner 8:30PM
    Kona Grille - Calamari, 4 rolls sushi
    - this should have been my only cheat meal of the weekend

Party:
    Had a big surprise party for my roomate. Did not drink too much but had about 6 beers, which is enough to cause a huge spike in my diet.

Day 13:

Woke-Up: 1:30PM
    - No hangover but had a bag of multi-grain chips and some chili for finner

Party:
    - Had about 10 beers, and no exercise today

Felt like terrible.

Day 14:

Woke-Up: 11:30AM
    - Small burrito

Dinner:
    Cosi - Grilled Chicken sandwich

- felt better about eating but still felt like crap from parties.

Day 15:

Woke-Up: 10:30AM (Company Holiday)
    - 2 glass water

Run: 3Mi @ 7.0MPH
    - hard run but actually felt great afterware

12PM:
    1 can tuna

3PM:
    Grilled Chicken wrap (guy put Mayo on, I hate it when they do that)

Dinner: 7PM
    - Filet Mignon & soup (roomate took us out)
    - should have avoided the bread here

I just want to sum up my weekend with saying that partying sucks. My roomate went to the gym with me this morning, weighed himself, and found he lost 4 pounds since last week. Now I know, my body just can't behave like that. It's impossible for me to live that lifestyle and cut the fat.

Challenge for this week: Increase cardio workouts to 2 more days per week
    - 2 parties this weekend, need to go but need to control myself.

Keyword: Self-control

Day 16:
    Weight: 190lbs
    (Gained from eating like crap over weekend, but I think alot of it was because I am bloated from it, will be interesting to see what I weight next Monday)

2 Glass water

Upper Body W/O
    - Felt so good to be back. My strength was good, probably from the large amount of food I ate over the weekend

Snack 9:00AM
    2 Egg Whites

Bag of Soy Crisps

2 Egg Whites

Main: 2 Cans Tuna
    2 Glass Water

It was great to get back into it today after having such a terrible weekend. So I guess I can look at the positive and say that I am back on track now which is better than being off track. My focus this week is going to be concentrating on self-control.

Day 17:

2 Glass water

HIIT 20 Min - Today was good, very hard to get back to it after such a bad weekend. But that is the price you pay for eating like crap!

Snack:
    Yogurt, 2 egg whites

12oz cup chicken, barley

Snack:
    2 Egg Whites

Main: Grilled Chicken salad with balsamic vinegar
    Side: 1 can tuna
    4 glass water

Today was a great day to continue the diet. I am feeling better, a little tired, not sure if that is sleep, stress, or undereating at all but I would guess lack of sleep. But the bottom line is that I just feel better when I eat right and exercise, no matter how much it sucks.

Day 18:

2 Glass water

HIIT 20 Min - Today was good, harder than yesterday but I stopped after I was burnt out and walked for a ways. Then I picked it back up again and finished my last cycle.

Snack:
    2 egg whites

12oz cup chicken, barley

Snack:
    2 Egg Whites

Dinner with boss and staff, my "going away party"
    Main: 1 piece white bread, few tapas
    Side: 3 Jack and Cokes and 2 Tanguaray and Tonics
    - felt like crap after those drinks and good but I did not eat too much and I had a hockey game that night

Hockey Game 10:30PM:
    Skated hard
    No food when I got home but chug down tons of water

Day 19, 20, 21:

Hit the gym on Saturday hard for a nice long run.

Went out for 2 birthday parties and I did a god job with eating.

Staying on the diet, good job so far. Feel like I haven't lost much but at least I am sticking with it.

More of an update as I start the week tomorrow.

Day 22:

2 Glass water

HIIT 16 Min - Shins were bothering me from running over the weekend, but I powered through as much as possible

Snack:
    2 egg whites

12oz cup chicken, barley

Run: 3 Mi
    .75 @ 7mph, .25 @ 4mph (repeat)
    - this was an awesome run, and it was perfect for after work, thinking of incorporating this run in on a daily basis

Dinner 7:00PM
    Main: Grilled chicken with 4 squash and 1/2 onion
    4 glass water

Today was a great day to get back to after the weekend. I think I am going to incorporate that night run in on a daily basis. I just felt so much better after I finished it.

Day 23:

2 Glass water

- Good day, got there early and gym wasn't crowded. It was worth it to get up earlier with the gym less crowded.

2 Egg Whites

12oz cup chicken soup

Snack 4:00PM
    Apple

Run 6:30PM
    3Mi

Vegetable: 2 Cups broccoli, 1 cup onions, handful of pistachios, yogurt
    Bottle of water

Bowl of cereal and protein (should have not eaten this late, should have just had a small piece of fruit but I htink from the two workouts I was extra hungry)

Summary:
    Good day, the double workouts were awesome but I have to becareful of how much I am eating.

Day 24:

Morning 8:30AM:
    2 Glass water

- this was a rough run. I wasn't feeling so hot today but still decided to hop on the treadmill and push a few miles out

Snack:
    1 Yogurt

12oz cup chicken, barley

Snack:
    6oz Fro-Yo
    1 apple
    - I felt like crap after this and was dissapointed in myself but at least I did it in moderation

Main: 3 rolls sushi @ happy hour
    - I am just glad I made it out of this without drinking any alcohol, so on that part I will give myself a high five.

Today was a rough day, not one of my best, but then again I wasn't feeling great, and I also skipped out on a trip to the city so I need to get some rest and come back strong again tomorrow.

Day 25:

Morning 8:30AM:
    2 Glass water

Gym 10:15AM
    - this was a rough run. I wasn't feeling so hot today but still decided to hop on the treadmill and push a few miles out

Yogurt

Bottle of water

1 Orange

Summary:

Day 26 - Off, Diet was still solid, dinner had a beer and 6 wings which wasn't great, but much better than previous Fridays. Decided against going out, so high five to myself.

Day 27 - 4 mi run in the AM on empty stomach. Weighed in at 183, down 7 pounds from previous Monday but that was because I hadn't eaten. Diet was solid, had some bread at lunch, and 2 beers that day but did not go out that night yet again.

Day 28 - 3 mi run, Sunday and went to Sierra Grille, had a skinny burrito and two chicken tacos, I need to remember to just dump the chips. Felt too bloated after that meal.

Day 29:

2 Glass water

Upper Body Workout
    - changing it up now to where I will be working out 3 days/week and running every other day plus in the evenings

2 Egg Whites

12oz cup chicken soup

Snack 4:00PM
    2 Egg Whites

Main: Buger and Side Salad
    4 beers
    - I was out with my boss, and this is almost the impossible scenario. So I bit the bullet and I took the loss. I felt terrible after I ate and drank and just crashed around 9pm when I got home.

Summary:
    Awesome day until I went to dinner with my boss.

Last week was a wash. Getting back to it today.

I was in NYC all last week, commute. Leaving at 5AM, home at 1AM.

I was dead this weekend, looking forward to getting back as I was feeling horrible about my diet and exercise.

I hate being stopped by work crap, can't wait to get back to the gym today!

...Diet has been extra solid today

Day 35:

Morning 6:00AM:
    2 Glass water

Gym 7:00PM

Yogurt

Main: Did not go to store since last week, had 2 scoops of protein and 2 scoops of peanut butter
    Side: 1 bowl of Kashi
    - Definitely could have done without the Kashi and would have been better off just having a can of tuna -- note to self

Summary: