rhodej03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhodej03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many sets per bodypart

I believe I may be overtraining my chest because I like to give it extra attention and extra sets everytime its chest day... How many sets should I be doing to give me the most benefit but to avoid the risk of overtraining?

btw- I'm 19 and supplement with an excellent diet, protein, and creatine... Just want to make sure I'm not hurting my progress by pushing myself too hard.

Thanks

BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishSoldier is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You could always do the sensible thing and stop thinking in terms of body 'parts'. But hey maybe i'm just crazy.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Regardless of the routine I am on, I usually only do about 6-9 sets of direct work to a specific muscle per week. If I split up my routine, its that volume, if I do fullbodies, I aim for that volume as well overall for the weeks total amount of volume. If I was doing a split I might do this for legs...

Legs
    Squats 3 sets
    Lunges 2 sets
    SLDL's 2 sets
    Step Ups 1 set
    Calf Work

If I was doing a fullbody routine I would do something similiar to Ripptoes Starting Strength Program doing various types of squats 3 times a week for 3 sets which would keep in my 6-9 set weekly volume.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    the exact precise amount , warmup sets and then one set to failure.
    Props to High Intensity strength coaches Bob Rogucki and John Dunn and the Baltimore Ravens for their total destruction of the New England Patriots

Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muckle_Ewe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm currently on a 4 day a week routine in which each bodypart gets hit twice a week.

I spent a wee while trying testing volume to see how I responded to certain set ranges and my routine is geared towards a lagging chest and legs.

Total volume over the week per bodypart
    Legs - 20 sets (including 4 sets for calves)
    Chest - 11
    Back - 10
    Shoulders - 9
    Bi/Tri - 6 each