Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why do my front delts keep getting bigger but my chest stays tiny?

Why is it that my front delts always seem to get bigger and my chest stays tiny? I look like i'm always slouching but i'm not my front delts are just way overpowering my chest.Please help me everyone! I need lots of ideas,workouts, whatever you got to change this and give me a huge chest. I do have really long arms if that means anything.
    "You don't get big gunz from pettin' pussycats!"

lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000)
    If youre doing incline bench press you might have the bench too high. Apart from that, you shouldnt be working delts at all in a chest routine

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because of your form, you are probally using your front delts as your target muscle with your chest being used as a secoundry muscle, take a read of this and watch the video posted in the link below Charles Glass world class IFBB pro trainer properally explains proper benching form to increase stress placed on the pectorials and limit stress applyed to the front delts.

Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

Your benching form is probally the reason why you are not getting the chest gains you want. Your probally "trying" to train your chest, but end up training you front delts and triceps due to your form.

Here is proper benching form on how to increase stress on the pectorials and limit front deltoid and tricep involvement.

- Drop your traps and shoulders down

- Pinch your shoulder blades together

- Puff your chest up

- Drop elbows down slightly under the nipple.

(by having your elbows up high at 90 degrees like how most people bench you will notice much less stress is being applyed to the chest and the front deltoids are being worked much more. Also lowering your elbows will increase your bench, just take a look at how the power lifters bench all with there elbows low, the higher your elbows the more front deltiod involvement, the lower your elbows the more chest involvement)

- Touch your chest and dont lock out or roll the shoulders.
    You should always touch your chest when benching if you are comfurtable doing so because the lowest part of the ROM in the bench press exercise has the most chest activity going on. The higher part of the ROM the more your triceps and front deltoids will come into play and the less chest activity. You should always stop short just before lock out. Why? When locking out the stress is removed from the pectorials and placed on the elbow joints, simply just removing the stress from the pectorials and placing it on your joints which is something you dont want.

- If using dumbells slightly rotate your thumbs upwards
    (put your hands out infront of you and turn up your thumbs just a little, this is the angle you want to hold the dumbells at, so that even less deltoid is being involved, this is why i prefer DB over BB)

Follow these steps and it will hit your chest.

Also watch this video by Charles Glass, he explains quite good on how to have maximum stress on the chest and limit your front delt and tricep involvement.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut3.htm

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stop benching, especially with a barbell. It's not really that good for chest development in many people...instead...

More overhead presses
    More crossovers and flyes

and do the work to hit your rear delts for balance and to avoid injury
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Superset in some fly sets with the presses, and try to keep your arms just slightly bent, but don't bend them further during each rep.

After the db or bb presses, do some hammerstrength presses, and also do some seated machine flyes, if you have access to that.

Eliminate front delt exercises from your shoulder routine, too.
    Time To Re-Schedule

InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Because of your form, you are probally using your front delts as your target muscle with your chest being used as a secoundry muscle, take a read of this and watch the video posted in the link below Charles Glass world class IFBB pro trainer properally explains proper benching form to increase stress placed on the pectorials and limit stress applyed to the front delts.
    That link was helpful and I'll be more mindful of my form now.

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shredded199 View Post
    Why is it that my front delts always seem to get bigger and my chest stays tiny? I look like i'm always slouching but i'm not my front delts are just way overpowering my chest.Please help me everyone! I need lots of ideas,workouts, whatever you got to change this and give me a huge chest. I do have really long arms if that means anything.
    You need to start thinking about your poor, neglected back. Row like there's no tomorrow. Focus on deadlifts rather than benching, as it seems you are a delt bencher. You need to reevaluate your benching form. 99% of people I see benching use bad form. It may help to perform exercises like flies with focus on a strong contraction and constant tension. This should help forge a mind muscle connection which will heop you utilise your chest more when you bench.

Decline bench press can also help to take delts out of the equation. A lot of people with long arms prefer the decline as it tends to shorten the range of motion.

lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) lowandslow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    Stop benching, especially with a barbell. It's not really that good for chest development in many people...instead...

More overhead presses
    More crossovers and flyes

and do the work to hit your rear delts for balance and to avoid injury
    Stop benching and do more overhead presses to increase chest growth? I couldn't disagree more. Find the style of bench press that works best for you and use that. Not sure how more overhead presses are going to be better than flat dumbbell benching for chest development.