Closed Thread
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by deathworthyxxx
    hes eating virtually the exact same diet as me.. but testing way too high on the keto strips. I'm on the 'trace' amounts, and hes on the next to darkest color. what could be different w/ him, and what can he do?
    Why, it that bad, should we not get that high? I am on my first week of the Keto diet and have trace amounts as well. I was wondering if getting the darker color was better, but apparently it's not. Hmmmmm....should we only stay in the trace and small amounts?

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I haven't looked yet but have you posted your diet death? If not could you?

deathworthyxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathworthyxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathworthyxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathworthyxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathworthyxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deathworthyxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my keto diet

meal 1: 4 eggwhites, 2 porkroll, 1" cheddar cheese.

meal 2: 4 slice bacon, 1 string cheese, broccoli.

meal 3: 2 chicken breasts, mayo.

meal 4: 1 can tuna, mayo, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, broccoli.

meal 5: post workout shake (30pro, 30carb)

meal 6: 2 hot dogs, 1" cheddar cheese, celery.

I weigh 185, and this comes out to 1860 calories.
    http://www.pvps4free.com/default.aspx?r=183924 Free portable video player. just follow that link and you'll be next in line. it's an ipod for video. btw this is real.

-"That sounds pretty good but you rshould reelly eat more than one meal a day you should eat three sqware meals a day like Arnold swarzeneger if you wont to be a bodybuildinger also you shouldnt take protein powders because they are steroids and can hurt your plus its illegal." - BurritoJimmy

flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the dark color on the strips as far as I know just means he has more ketones in his urine. There is not a problem with having a dark color. I have noticed when I am darker on the strip I actuall lose a little more weight. I dont think its a problem. No worries

videogameguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    having a darker strip could just mean you're less hydrated so the pee is more concentrated

metalideth2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've found thats that is definitly true videogameguy. Some nights i drink god aweful amounts of water then the next day i have to go bad and usually only measure as trace when I know i am much more in ketosis.

Raider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Raider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    is the keto diet safe for a teenager...im 16 and i really want to try it

Originally posted by Raider
    is the keto diet safe for a teenager...im 16 and i really want to try it
    It is safe for any age. In fact a keto diets were invented as a means of treating young children with seizures.

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Epilepsy, right?

Originally posted by daniel2166
    Epilepsy, right?
    Yup...

canadian steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

How much room for error is there when following a keto diet? My wife and I tried eating a keto diet this week. Both my wife and I went up 3 pounds each in weight. I was able to go all week without any slipups. All of my meals were protein and fat with some carbs from spinach salads and a very small amount of fruit.

We went out for dinner on Friday and indulged ourselves a little. We each had 1 beer 4 chicken wings, some bruschetta and ice cream for dessert. The next day, we didn't pig out by any means but our food choices weren't healthy ones.

Is this enough to pack on 3 pounds?

The only other thing I can think of is that because my weight training days are more of a HIT workout than what has been posted here, I may not be burning enough calories.

Any suggestions?

Canadian Steel:
    If this is the first time you've eating high protein in your life your may have actually put on muscle weight. Don't let a scale tell you what is happening go by the mirror instead. Speaking from experience I usually lose about 10 pounds the first week but that is like 80% waterweight. Heres the thing with a Keto diet... If you are going to slipup even once a week its not really the diet for you. It can take some people up to three days of eating 50 carbs a day or less to get into ketosis. If you just finished carbing-up on sunday then go back to keto monday you may not reach ketosis till wendsay. So say you have a cheat meal wendsay? Well you pretty much just blew the whole week. If you cannot strictly and I mean strictly stick to keto foods and ratios then it would probably be better to do a 40 40 20 or 40 30 30 diet.

If you want to do a Keto diet do it by the numbers and I guarentee it will work.( Guarentee not valid in Texas...haha)
    Total calories=bodyweight * 10
    Total protein= 1 gram per lb of bodyweight
    Total carbs=around 50 grams (plus 30 grams of simple carbs ...i.e..fruit juice right after working out. This 30 DOES NOT COUNT towards the 50 for the day)
    fats= the difference you have to hit your calories for the day

Hope this helps
    Last edited by metalideth2000; 07-02-2002 at 06:53 PM.

vomere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 questions. tea and coffee are they a no no on keto?
    and does anyone know anything about anti-depressant meds and there effect during keto diet .

thanks

proteus3446 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know about the anti depressants and any diet. It depends on what kind you are taking and on the person but for some anti depressants make you gain weight I personally had that problem and make you feal as though you have no energy. Without carbs i would think this would only be magnified. But its diffrent for each medication and for each person I guess. Your doctor should know

For the 30 grams of post workout carbs is a sugary juice the best way to do this or can I eat an apple instead? I'd prefer an apple if it is as good as a juice. Thanks for your help.

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i want to put my dog on keto what will happen shes not overweight shes under and i think its beter

canadian steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I saw the difference discipline can make

As some of you read from my last post in this thread, I had gained three pounds after my carb up period last week.

I was much more conscious about my calorie intake this week and as of this morning I have lost that 3 pounds plus 2 more. I still haven't decided whether or not I will have a carb up day or wait until this evening to have some carbs.

I have a party this evening and I know that the only carbs there will be of the beer and chip variety. I'm leaning towards just eating my regular keto meals until this evening.

Everyone have a great week-end.

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by princessbigman
    i want to put my dog on keto what will happen shes not overweight shes under and i think its beter
    Say what!? This made me laugh... I dunno why, I just thought it was funny. Anyway I`d guess there`d be no problem with it, I mean all wild carnivores are following keto diets, and dogs are certainly a domesticated carnivore. If you feed her enough calories she`ll probably gain some weight, which seems to be what you want. It`s going to cost more though.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else

anyone have problems with runny bowel movements if so is this a bad thing ??? started keto diet sunday 12 noon pst have had nothing but runny b-movements;(

thanks

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes,i get that that but believe me it's better than nothing at all.(which i've also had on this diet)Richie

I usually get this way for a day or so after switching back to keto from my carb up day

scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scrasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

thanks all was wondering if i possibly had an aversion to high fat intake. probably not though could be fish oil too i was thinking since my b-movements have slowed as the day progressed and i probably flushed that from my system

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Keto In the NY Times

I read this article a few days ago. For those who haven`t, you should give it a look see, it`s pretty interesting. Though it won`t have any valuable info for anyone who knows a good deal about keto, it still is a worthy read.

BTW you have to register to NYT to read this, but registration is free.

OT: How the hell does a 113lb Japanese guy eat 50 and 1/2 hot dogs in 12 minutes?
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else

ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ferbie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

always wear my sunglasses at night...

hello everbody! i'm new to this board and i'm freekin round now cause i finally found a keto board! seems like keto stuff is getting a pretty big thing in the US now, well i'm from berlin and there ain't lot of people doing it in germany.

i've been on and off keto for about 2 or 3 years now, but this time its a real ****in serious attempt because all thru these years i found out that all this rice and pasta carb stuff ain't the right thing for me.

i'm working out 6 days per week, in a 2*3-day-split, always short but burning intense workouts, and my goal is to get a natural, strong, attractive and resistant body. so, i'm not a bodybuilder in original meaning, but at the moment, i have to grow, so i'm doing bodybuilding workouts.

okay so now here're my questions:

- everbody is talking about 30 gm carbs post workout. it's clear that these post 30 gm go right into the muscles, but due to hypercompensation, they would be able to eat up a whole carb feasting without u gettin out of ketosis. so, why is it only 30 gm? why is it ANY post carbs anyway? has anyone a scientific explanation?
    - i used to do 30 gm without any "it-doesn't-count" stuff per day, but in this board everybody seems to agree to 50 gm even wihtout post workout. i think some of u know the book "the anabolic diet", there u get the advise to eat a daily max of 30 gm carb. so why 50 gm? what negative effects are supposed to occur when i'm doing 30 gm?
    (in case i've been doing wrong, i wonder what will happen to me when i'm switching to 50+30, cause 30 gm style already worked for me... HELL i'm goin to look like superman?!)

let me add something for all of u who are at the beginning of keto or unsure about it:
    it's great way of living, and even if you can't get miracle results after 1 week or bull**** like this, just give it a try for at least 2 months. be strict, hey this is just 2 MONTHS of your whole live!
    S T R A I G H T W A Y

BF 11% ▪ BI 14,5" ▪ TH 23,6" ▪ CHEST 43,5" ▪ WAIST 30,3" ▪ DEADLIFT 220x5 ▪ OH SQUAT 3x110x4 ▪ BENCH 220 ▪ CHINS 66 ▪ DIPS 105 ▪ NO JUICE ▪ NO SUPPS ▪ NO GEAR

take that f u c kin belt off!!!

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by ferbie

okay so now here're my questions:

- everbody is talking about 30 gm carbs post workout. it's clear that these post 30 gm go right into the muscles, but due to hypercompensation, they would be able to eat up a whole carb feasting without u gettin out of ketosis. so, why is it only 30 gm? why is it ANY post carbs anyway? has anyone a scientific explanation?

- i used to do 30 gm without any "it-doesn't-count" stuff per day, but in this board everybody seems to agree to 50 gm even wihtout post workout. i think some of u know the book "the anabolic diet", there u get the advise to eat a daily max of 30 gm carb. so why 50 gm? what negative effects are supposed to occur when i'm doing 30 gm?
    (in case i've been doing wrong, i wonder what will happen to me when i'm switching to 50+30, cause 30 gm style already worked for me... HELL i'm goin to look like superman?!)

ferbie, welcome.

Let me take a stab at your questions.

30 is not a magic number, it is an educated guess at what is needed post workout to raise glucose levels and illicit an insulin response high enough to appreciably aid in the recovery and replenisment to the muscle. Many guys here do much more than 30 g post workout, though most on keto probably stay in the 30-50 gram range in fear of it stalling ketosis. I think eveyone is different and bodyweight and lean bodyweight for that matter plays a big roll as well as how your body processes and reacts to glucose.

doing 30 grams (counting post workout carbs) can be done but for most (you may be an exception) brainfog, fatigue and lack of energy can occur if no carbs are taken in or are to low. Also constipation (need those fiberous veggies yu know) among other things can occur. If 30 works for you then great, keep it up. Keto needs to be tweaked for the individual as you know. 50 grams not counting postworkout carbs are a great starting point and help first time keto'ers stick with it and minimize sides of the diet.

Fitnessman and others can give you more detail.

I hope this helps a little.

PEACE

rinkjustice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Kicked out of Keto! Why?

Ok cool ppl. I managed for the first time to slip into a keto state yesterday afternoon. I kept up the fat intake, worked out at the gym and everything was going swell until late at night when I had a heap of chicken wings. I thought I was doing the right thing because I wanted to make sure I was getting enough protein, but it kicked me out of ketosis.

Why is this so? Just an hour earlier, the ketostick was indicating I was going further into ketosis. I have some wings and whammo, I'm back at square one. When I found out, I quickly guzzled some wheat germ oil and some flax seed supps, but with no success.

Could someone help me figure this out. Grazias!

flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Were the wings breaded? Did they have hot sauce or BBQ sauce on them?

rinkjustice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by flexall454
    Were the wings breaded? Did they have hot sauce or BBQ sauce on them?
    I'm not sure if they were breaded or not, but they had some sause on it... could that be enough carbs to disturb my keto?

I had practically zero carbs previous...

Well the breading maybe not real sure. I always ask before having wings. And never get bbq sauce it is loaded with sugar, hot sauce is ok but there is some sodium in hot sauce I believe.

Also a good point to remember is to only test once a day at the same time as your previous heavy reading. Alot of people do not even register on a ketostix but they are in ketosis. Do you have nasty breath? Taste like aluminum cans? LOL how do you feel? How do you look? Do your clothes fit any better or different? These are much better tell tale signs than a scale and ketostix IMHO.