Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1255
    You want it go get it anti-steroids's Avatar
    anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by semper27 View Post
    Nice workout this afternoon! I worked with higher volume and moved a little blood.

Training

Warmups: without box.. 135x6, 225x6, 295x6, 365x3

Parallel Paused Box Squats- 315 x 20,10,7,8,5
    Frog Leg Press- 3x10

Glute Ham Raise- 5x10 (bodyweight + 8 lb ball)
    Prone Dbl Leg Curl- 3x10

Nautilus Leg Press Calve Raises- 2x25
    started to do some box squats yesterday but went with occulsive training for the win

question on GHR what do you feel made you stronger /better on them ? time? technique?
    "you can always think of many reasons not to do anything. But how many people are willing to search for a reason [a good one] to do something" " in life there are good choices and bad choices and in between there are doors"

youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/ANTISTEROIDSX2
    exist to inspire!
    greatness is upon you ACT LIKE IT!

semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    you sir, are insane. i can't wait to meet you some day.
    I better get to growin so I don't totally let you down!

Originally Posted by anti-steroids View Post
    started to do some box squats yesterday but went with occulsive training for the win

question on GHR what do you feel made you stronger /better on them ? time? technique?
    GHR's are a very difficult movement that many tend to give up on when they realize they can not even do a single bodyweight rep. However, they are a phenomenal movement for overall ham developement, as you probably already knew! Continue to work with them on the regular and push your limits by extending your range of motion gradually and put them first when you work hams. The movement will eventually become more natural. I love going hard and heavy with SLD's... either DB or Bar. The carryover to GHR's is very apparent. I still perform standing, prone and seated ham curls but the bread and butter movements for growth, IMO, are GHR's and SLD's.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

-Mediocrity is NOT an Option-

toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    GHR's are a very difficult movement that many tend to give up on when they realize they can not even do a single bodyweight rep. However, they are a phenomenal movement for overall ham developement, as you probably already knew! Continue to work with them on the regular and push your limits by extending your range of motion gradually and put them first when you work hams. The movement will eventually become more natural. I love going hard and heavy with SLD's... either DB or Bar. The carryover to GHR's is very apparent. I still perform standing, prone and seated ham curls but the bread and butter movements for growth, IMO, are GHR's and SLD's.
    Yeah I think forthe most part people get a bit freaked out that they're going to smach their face doing GHRs. Can't be affraid to do assisted reps and really just work the negative. Since you (not Ben) can't do a 'normal' rep. Just try a controled negative and when you get to the bottom push off the ground hard enough to get the momentum to help you back up. Now if you can't do a negative then set up a Band or something of that sort to assist. One that also works well is simply putting a bench in front of you so you can not only control yourself on the negative (push against it with your arms), but limit your ROM and push against to get back up.
    Nothing and I mean nothing work the hamstrings the way GHRs do!
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

My sport is your sports punishment

Tricks are something whores do for money...or candy.

Team BK

Training journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148831101

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    Yeah I think forthe most part people get a bit freaked out that they're going to smach their face doing GHRs. Can't be affraid to do assisted reps and really just work the negative. Since you (not Ben) can't do a 'normal' rep. Just try a controled negative and when you get to the bottom push off the ground hard enough to get the momentum to help you back up. Now if you can't do a negative then set up a Band or something of that sort to assist. One that also works well is simply putting a bench in front of you so you can not only control yourself on the negative (push against it with your arms), but limit your ROM and push against to get back up.
    yup! I watched todd go from being able to do 4 negatives to being able to 5+ reps eventually, and the hamstring development came with it...not to mention his deadlift blew up

visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    yup! I watched todd go from being able to do 4 negatives to being able to 5+ reps eventually, and the hamstring development came with it...not to mention his deadlift blew up
    Speaking of the GHR...I tried out those bad boys on the seated calf raise machine at PH..didn't go to well...almost blew my kneecap off it felt like as my knee kept sliding off the side, lol. Damn pad wasn't wide enough.

ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glute Ham Raise- 5x10 (bodyweight + 8 lb ball)
    I won't believe those until I see you do them!
    Follow my journey with team 3DMJ!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=453344531#post453344531

current 1RMs: 545 squat - 655 deadlift - 345 bench

semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ekmi View Post
    I won't believe those until I see you do them!
    Callin me out, eh? I've really nothin to prove. I'll do my talkin when the time is right! You should join me on stage in 2010!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    Great post! Assisted reps are difficult as well. You have to start somewhere!

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    As Todd posted above.. "Nothing and I mean nothing work the hamstrings the way GHRs do."

Originally Posted by visionz View Post
    Speaking of the GHR...I tried out those bad boys on the seated calf raise machine at PH..didn't go to well...almost blew my kneecap off it felt like as my knee kept sliding off the side, lol. Damn pad wasn't wide enough.
    I've done them using a calf raise machine and I'll not do it again! The Lat Pulldown Machine with a flat bench T-ed up to it works best if you do not actually have a GHR apparatus.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000) devinh is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use the seated calf raise to do my ghr's, but ours has a wide seat on it. I would try the lat pull down way but we happen to have a mirror right behind it. I would love to try them on an actual ghr apparatus someday though. I'm hoping the new gym I'm thinking of going to has one, it's a powerlifting gym.
    And yes, ghr's are the best I've ever see/done for hams. I would venture to say try are the most difficult exercise I've performed in the gym, especially since most people can't even do them with their own body weight.
    CAN and WILL
    100% Natural Bodybuilding
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM
    www.biolayne.com

JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000)
    The Lat Pulldown Machine with a flat bench T-ed up to it works best if you do not actually have a GHR apparatus.
    This worked really well, even for me, as I am still working on mastering those bad bears.
    "In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." ~Albert Camus

Esse quam videri
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116503641

ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50) ekmi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Callin me out, eh? I've really nothin to prove. I'll do my talkin when the time is right! You should join me on stage in 2010!
    are you crazy?

about GHRs,
    I use the lat pulldown machine, and I have a long wood stick in my hands in front of me that way I can control myself on my way down and on my way up. Works great!
    Follow my journey with team 3DMJ!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=453344531#post453344531

current 1RMs: 545 squat - 655 deadlift - 345 bench

visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000) visionz1234 is just really nice. (+1000)

I've done them using a calf raise machine and I'll not do it again! The Lat Pulldown Machine with a flat bench T-ed up to it works best if you do not actually have a GHR apparatus.
    I agree completely. The gym I train at now has a wall seperating the lat pulldown station from an area of dumbbells right next to it so if you try to do a GHR on it, your face will get curved nicely on that wall, LOL.
    Last edited by visionz; 10-07-2009 at 10:27 PM.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best way IMO to do GHR's Assisted

JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000) JENerator is just really nice. (+1000)
    If Lat Pulldown machine doesn't work in your gym, you may want to try doing them on Smith machine...load up bar with weight of course to keep it in place, put a bench horiz in front and secure ankles under the bar....think it would work well also. LOL, there is ALWAYS a way to get 'em worked in

This is the gist of it, only vid I could find with a quick search on youtube...

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." ~Albert Camus

Esse quam videri

toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toddbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Best way IMO to do GHR's Assisted

That's a good one right there Bob! Takes a ton of the "oh shhh" factor out of those. Llittle scary seeing your face rush towards the floor lol
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

My sport is your sports punishment

Tricks are something whores do for money...or candy.

Team BK

Training journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148831101

October 8, 2009 Back/Tri's

Trained with Jen this afternoon and had a very solid workout! The girls back is looking better than ever. It was very apparent to me that she hasn't been lollygaggin. Strength is on the ups and m/m connection completely where it's suppose to be. Received a couple of nice comments in the gym which always makes the fat guy feel good! Had a great time and I'm sure I'll be reminded of the havoc that went down tommorrow!

Training:

D-Grip Pulldowns- 5x5,5,5,5,4 (final- stack + 25/pr)
    V-Grip Corner Rows- 3x7
    HS CG Pulldowns- 3x7,5,7
    DB Row- 3x7 (160's)
    Hyper Rows- 1x30 (hyperextensions while rowing db's simultaneously)

CG Tri Press- 5x3
    Decline DB Ext- 3x7,7,6 (final 65's)
    Reverse Pressdowns- 3x12
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

Already feelin' that workout! Thanks for the compliment on my swoleness! LOL, no lollygaggin' for me...gotta build & grow. I enjoyed the set-up of this workout a lot and working with different exercises. Good times!

Congrats on your PR! Your monster-truck-like Oly DB handle deal you had going was cracking me up, made the other DBs look so wee

Esse quam videri

Originally Posted by JENerator View Post

Congrats on your PR! Your monster-truck-like Oly DB handle deal you had going was cracking me up, made the other DBs look so wee
    It was a great workout! Yeah, I like my special kid Oly db handle! Allows me move a little more weight! Looking forward to working with them on pressing movements.
    Last edited by semper27; 10-08-2009 at 06:17 PM.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is the D-Grip Pull-Down using the long bar that looks somethin like this?

(]-------[)
    Team 3DMJ:
    www.3DMuscleJourney.com

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132849153

Originally Posted by Carlito99 View Post
    Is the D-Grip Pull-Down using the long bar that looks somethin like this?

(]-------[)
    You got it right!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

The D-grip is one of my favorites. Pulldowns and for seated rows to your chest.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    The D-grip is one of my favorites. Pulldowns and for seated rows to your chest.
    It's a great tool for the bag! I'm very fond of this piece of equipment as well!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

October 9, 2009 Shoulders/Traps

Another great workout complete and logged!

Training

FM Shoulder Press- 5x5
    FM Side Laterals- 3x12
    Neutral Grip Machine Press- 3x12
    Upright Rows- 3x10
    Reverse Pec Dec- 3x7
    DB Shrugs- 3x12
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

I worked with the FM shoulder presses tonight. Had forgotten how much stabilizing goes on there-- good stuff

Esse quam videri

mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Buddy, slow down on the delts!! Thats my area!!! LMAO. Workouts are looking SICK!!! We need you over here in Japan to hold class.
    "Train like an animal, diet with the discipline of a samurai, and give it your all."

Originally Posted by JENerator View Post
    I worked with the FM shoulder presses tonight. Had forgotten how much stabilizing goes on there-- good stuff
    Old person machine or not... lol It's an awesome piece of equipment and I love the feel of the movements!

Originally Posted by mass_chaos View Post
    Hey Buddy, slow down on the delts!! Thats my area!!! LMAO. Workouts are looking SICK!!! We need you over here in Japan to hold class.
    lol I'm still gonna borrow your delts for at least a couple of 2010 shows! It's been nearly 9 years since I've been in Japan. I'm sure you and your family are experiencing some awesome things and not to forget the "real" Japanese food!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

October 12, 2009 Chest/Bi's

Solid workout this morning! My original intention was to visit my sister gym and work with the 130's+ on flat db press but ended up sleeping a little later than anticipated. May try them out next week. Overall a very productive workout!

Training

DB Flat Press- 5x5 (105,110,115,120,125 with much more in the tank)
    HS Incline- 3x7 (4 plates + 5 per side/final.. pr)
    FM Press- 3x7
    FM Flyes- 3x12

EZ Bar Curl- 3x7
    Seated Bilateral Hammers- 2x7
    Standing Concentrations on Incline Bench- 2x15
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    125's x5 with much more in the tank...140's for 5?
    TEAM NO CRYING

Originally Posted by Young9 View Post
    125's x5 with much more in the tank...140's for 5?
    Not gonna say it til it actually happens but I was feelin pretty good today!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Solid workout this morning! My original intention was to visit my sister gym and work with the 130's+ on flat db press but ended up sleeping a little later than anticipated. May try them out next week. Overall a very productive workout!

Training

DB Flat Press- 5x5 (105,110,115,120,125 with much more in the tank)
    HS Incline- 3x7 (4 plates + 5 per side/final.. pr)
    FM Press- 3x7
    FM Flyes- 3x12

EZ Bar Curl- 3x7
    Seated Bilateral Hammers- 2x7
    Standing Concentrations on Incline Bench- 2x15
    you've got those 140s bro!! next time!