downwith47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weighted Pullups and Dips

How many of you do weighted pullups and dips. How much do you use and for how many reps?

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why does it matter? start off w/ small increments and work up. don't be stupid and try to start off at like 25 or 50pds...good way to get injured.

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do what you can handle,dont compare what other people do, cause there will always be someone strong out there.
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

downwith47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know what i can handle and have been doing weighted dips and pullups for about a year. I was just curious on how much weight other people generally use b/c no one else at my gym adds weights to themselvels for dips or pullups. Currently i can do 10 pullups with a 45 lb plate and 10 dips with 80lbs.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by downwith47
    i know what i can handle and have been doing weighted dips and pullups for about a year. I was just curious on how much weight other people generally use b/c no one else at my gym adds weights to themselvels for dips or pullups. Currently i can do 10 pullups with a 45 lb plate and 10 dips with 80lbs.
    okay....*shrug* at my strongest i could do chins with 90pds attached for 4reps (i weigh 225 btw) and dipping with, i believe, 110attached for 6.