Thread: Milk?

LeylandLatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Milk?

I was just wondering how much everyone knows about the effects of milk. I have asked a few times for diet advice for gaining weight and as I feel I have enough fat i've cut down to skim (low fat) milk. But what is a safe amount of milk to be drinking each day? The carbs (sugars not complex) are quite high 31% of your rda per pint so it seems you should really only get a maximum of 3-4 pints per day, but i've seen a lot of advice floating around on here saying to have a gallon for the protein and calories while bulking. It just seems excessive when you consider that that would give you 250% of your rda sugars for the day!!! So who is right, the packet of the people on here? Should I be worrying about sugar levels?

Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trifixion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LeylandLatic View Post
    I was just wondering how much everyone knows about the effects of milk. I have asked a few times for diet advice for gaining weight and as I feel I have enough fat i've cut down to skim (low fat) milk. But what is a safe amount of milk to be drinking each day? The carbs (sugars not complex) are quite high 31% of your rda per pint so it seems you should really only get a maximum of 3-4 pints per day, but i've seen a lot of advice floating around on here saying to have a gallon for the protein and calories while bulking. It just seems excessive when you consider that that would give you 250% of your rda sugars for the day!!! So who is right, the packet of the people on here? Should I be worrying about sugar levels?
    The GOMAD (Gallon of milk a day - I assume this is what you're talking about) diet is not the healthiest diet you can be on (the reasons should be clear: the sugar, lack of variety and the different nutrients your body needs). It does have benefits in the short term, because it provides a lot of calories cheaply and they're easy to down, but if you want to do the GOMAD diet, it should only be a short term thing.

Milk as part of a normal healthy diet however (few glasses a day), is fine. It has a good amount of different types of protein, calcium, low in fat (depending on what type you buy), it's delicious, and the sugar won't hurt you in those amounts!
    Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    WHy would you NEED to get the calories and protein from milk???????
    Meat, protein, powder, eggs
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head