Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Day Out!!

FizZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by donanderson
    WTF? are you serious? have u competed? obviously not, looking at FLEX magazine and comparing it to shane is not the proper way to compare, especially since Shane is in a natural competition.

I don't read FLEX. I'm compairing him to others in this forum which I've seen. Like abdominator and such. Being natural doesn't have anything to do with fat loss anyway. Isn't the goal to get into the 3-4% body fat range for compitition day? I haven't, and don't plan to compete. Besides this isn't about me. Just curious what Shane thinks, and perhaps he could explain his game plan a little more

caio

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by FizZ
    15 days left? It still looks like you have a lot of fat on there compaired to others on compitition day. I'm wondering how these next 15 days will change for you. I've been following your progress Shane, Good luck!
    Keep the following in mind, FizZ:

1. Most people who are holding any level of bodyfat can't see striations in their shoulders or quads (as ShaneG85 is displaying).

2. Digital pictures, indoors with a flash, rarely do a pre-contest bodybuilder justice. So most of the definition that Shane has, we can't see anyway.

3. I'm guessing that you haven't gone through a personal transformation from off-season to contest day. If you went through the transition yourself, you'd realize that ShaneG85 was in better condition when he was at his 4 week mark than many guys are on contest day. Timing your conditioning is an arduous process and requires a high level of discipline and consistency. So until you've tried it, try not to be overly critical of someone who's apparently succeeding at it.

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by FizZ
    I don't read FLEX. I'm compairing him to others in this forum which I've seen. Like abdominator and such. Being natural doesn't have anything to do with fat loss anyway. Isn't the goal to get into the 3-4% body fat range for compitition day? I haven't, and don't plan to compete. Besides this isn't about me. Just curious what Shane thinks, and perhaps he could explain his game plan a little more

caio
    Thanks. Keep in mind though, not everyone can get to the 3-4% range... however Shane looks like he's very close to that.

As for myself and the others on the forum who compete, we're just trying to help Shane out. He's doing an excellent job, especially for someone so young.

Competing is the most challenging thing athletically that I've ever done. It definitely shows you what you're made of. I definitely recommend that you try it one day. It's fun and a pain-in-the-ass at the same time.

- Skip
    Last edited by Abdominator; 04-03-2004 at 05:10 AM.
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50) UniversityofFL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    damn genetics, anyhow good job bro very impressive

shadowboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    looking ok man but :

IMO u should have gained a bit more mass in your back area and for the next show just work harder on back in genral , it is a lagging body part . over all looking not bad at all tini waist will make your lat spread look bigger . and also i would try to bring up my quad sweep after the show .

not abd but still work left
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."- I.asimov

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side." -Aristotle

" either your in it 100% or you get the **** out ! " Animel pack

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Abdominator
    - SKip "My lat spread brings all the girls to the show, and they're like, 'It's better than yours!'. Dang, right it's better than yours! I could teach you, but I'd have to charge."
    LMAO.

Shane, you look great. Good luck in the comp.

And the rest of you guys, don't say anything bad about the way he looks because:

1. You don't look better then him.

2. At 15 days out he isn't going to try to fix any mistakes now.

3. It just isn't nice since he didn't ask for anybody to critique him.

This doesn't apply to Skip, because he was trying to help.

Originally posted by Heisman
    LMAO.

And the rest of you guys, don't say anything bad about the way he looks because:

listin man i'm trying to be as honest as i can . shane looks good and all but still he has his lagging parts , all i did was give him advice about things he can use his offseason to improve ,
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."- I.asimov

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side." -Aristotle

PumpingUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

This is a serious question

Do you ever get tired of posting pics of yourself?

Future WWE Champion The Apocalypse's Avatar
    The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Heisman
    LMAO.

Well just because someone doesn't look better than him doesn't mean there not allowed to give advice and criticism(BTW that's different some guy thinking "I'm jealous so I'm going to bash his physique). For example, I doubt that Ronnie Coleman's trainers are bigger than him, but he gets ALL his advice from them. And finally, just because he didn't "ask" for any critiques, if you post your pictures here, then that's what to expect.

I personally think that he has the best physique of any 16 year old(correct me if I'm wrong), or even any teenager period(all natural). But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have weakpoints, and those must be addressed.

maxallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since your digital camera apparently doesn't have a very high resolution, please try to take some closer-up pictures. Your pictures are looking pretty much the same from one week to the next, but I have a feeling we would see the more subtle evidence of your progress -- the veins, striations, etc. -- with some close-up body part pics, or a higher res camera.

Incredible job, by the way. Your quads and hams are insane for a teen.

kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50) kulex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's an idea, we'll just wait and see what he places, if he places in the top 3 then your all bein' zealous overscrutinizing peeps...if he doesn't then you were being honest god fearing peeps, and that's that!

Oh yea, GREAT JOB SHANE! KEEP IT UP!
    Cutting

Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000) Antoine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Shane Rocks!
    UNIVERSAL ATHLETE

www.universalusa.com
    www.animalpak.com

ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks a lot for all of your comments and critiques. Yes, i very much appreciate people critiquing me. I feel that a good critique is often better than a good compliment. Compliments give me motivation and critiques give me motivation to correct what i wrong.

Skip: I will try to do that, lol. I just keep forgetting. I will practice my posing a lot before my next pictures and hopefully i will perfect my front double bicep. I definately agree with what you said about one day you're looking great and the next day you look like sh*t, lol. Sometimes i wonder where all the muscle went, lol. But when i see that i am losing very little on the scale and my weight was staying the same for such a long time while at the same time i was getting leaner, it gives me faith that i am doing good.

I agree with most things said on this thread. My back in general and my leg thickness is lacking. I think i will increase my volume for back and apply more advanced training techniques like drop-sets.

I also agree that my bodyfat isn't to the level that it is on most good bodybuilders at 15 days out. I tried to cut down very slowly for my contest and one of my main goals was to not lean out too quickly. I maybe should've cut back on my calories in a little more, but we'll just have to wait until the contest to see for sure. Right now i am making changes every couple of days in my diet to reduce calories. It's definately making a difference, but i look really flat and run-down in the process.

As you guys can tell, i hold almost all of my water in my mid-section. My abs looked better at around 8 weeks out when i cut my calories down too far (sort of like carb depleting). I several pounds in a matter of two days and almost all of it was water. I can easily loose the water for my show... that won't be a problem.

PumpingUp: Yes, i actually do get tired of it, lol. I think it's more of a chore now. Oh well, it's a good way to track my progress (for the most part).
    Go here for your supplement needs: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store

Go here to view my articles: http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/shane.htm

momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Shane the MUSCLEMAN for president! Who'd vote for 'em? I know I would...

Originally posted by ShaneG85
    Thanks a lot for all of your comments and critiques. Yes, i very much appreciate people critiquing me. I feel that a good critique is often better than a good compliment. Compliments give me motivation and critiques give me motivation to correct what i wrong.

Skip: I will try to do that, lol. I just keep forgetting. I will practice my posing a lot before my next pictures and hopefully i will perfect my front double bicep. I definately agree with what you said about one day you're looking great and the next day you look like sh*t, lol. Sometimes i wonder where all the muscle went, lol. But when i see that i am losing very little on the scale and my weight was staying the same for such a long time while at the same time i was getting leaner, it gives me faith that i am doing good.

I agree with most things said on this thread. My back in general and my leg thickness is lacking. I think i will increase my volume for back and apply more advanced training techniques like drop-sets.

I also agree that my bodyfat isn't to the level that it is on most good bodybuilders at 15 days out. I tried to cut down very slowly for my contest and one of my main goals was to not lean out too quickly. I maybe should've cut back on my calories in a little more, but we'll just have to wait until the contest to see for sure. Right now i am making changes every couple of days in my diet to reduce calories. It's definately making a difference, but i look really flat and run-down in the process.

As you guys can tell, i hold almost all of my water in my mid-section. My abs looked better at around 8 weeks out when i cut my calories down too far (sort of like carb depleting). I several pounds in a matter of two days and almost all of it was water. I can easily loose the water for my show... that won't be a problem.

PumpingUp: Yes, i actually do get tired of it, lol. I think it's more of a chore now. Oh well, it's a good way to track my progress (for the most part).
    you have a solid plan man i'm sure you will do well , if not in this show then in the next on , your a "learner "
    good luck dogg

Originally posted by PumpingUp
    This is a serious question

Do you ever get tired of posting pics of yourself?
    Me get tired? Heck no! I post pictures like it's my frickin' job!

See, there was this one time at band camp...

Oh wait. You were talking to ShaneG85.

Nevermind.

- Skip "No, I'm not a post whore. But I play one on TV."
    Last edited by Abdominator; 04-03-2004 at 10:52 AM.

ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaneG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Abdominator
    Me get tired? Heck no! I post pictures like it's my frickin' job!

See, there was this one time at band camp...

Oh wait. You were talking to ShaneG85.

Nevermind.

HAHA, very funny stuff.

Everyone: I forgot to mention that i am cutting down without the help of any fat burning products. I just decided that i didn't want to use any this time around. I wanted to go without them for my first "real" contest preparation. I will most likely be using some for my next competition. This isn't an "excuse" or anything, lol, i just wanted to let you guys know.

Shane

98blueSupraTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking Great, good luck with the show man. Be sure to get a lot of pictures to post here from your show

Impossible is Nothing buffmama33's Avatar
    buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buffmama33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by donanderson
    WTF? are you serious? have u competed? obviously not, looking at FLEX magazine and comparing it to shane is not the proper way to compare, especially since Shane is in a natural competition.
    Thats exactly what I was thinkin...lol that dude is crazy. Obviously he hasn't competed. I agree with you don.
    "The man who has no imagination, has no wings."-Mohammed Ali

*Lost 25 lbs. in phase 1*
    Week 1: 136.6
    Week 2: 135.6
    Week 3: 134.0
    Week 4: 133.0
    Week 5: 132.6
    Week 6: 132.2 (wisdom teeth, sucky week)
    Week 7: 129.4
    Week 8: 128.6
    Week 9:
    Week 10:

Miss Fitness, ha... I'm going for Miss Olympia.

olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ya man I think you look dam good..

Can I ask where and when the competition is?? Is it in Madison?? I want to go check out a comp and see what its like..
    Im also from WI so thats why im asking. I remember seeing one that was in Madison or Appleton sometime in April but dont remember where I saw that at..

Good luck man.
    Ryan
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Bulked-oct 24 184lbs (start)
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

There is no finish line. Jimmy_magix's Avatar
    Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You still looking good, from the front your shoulders looked a lot smaller than they were last time, its probably down to the lack of pump though.

Excellent and sucessful prep.

Keep it up and congrats bro.

FizZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by buffmama33
    Thats exactly what I was thinkin...lol that dude is crazy. Obviously he hasn't competed. I agree with you don.
    Since Shane has already agreed with me, this is quite a pointless comment.

And to all those other people who commented on my post, it was to Shane and not ya'll. Besides all that I was only asking questions, not putting him down or anything. Lighten up guys.

Originally posted by olly281
    Ya man I think you look dam good..

Can I ask where and when the competition is?? Is it in Madison?? I want to go check out a comp and see what its like..
    Im also from WI so thats why im asking. I remember seeing one that was in Madison or Appleton sometime in April but dont remember where I saw that at..

Good luck man.
    Ryan
    It's April 17th in Madison. Go to fordsgym.com for more details or www.inbf.net

Shane

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by UniversityofFL
    damn genetics, anyhow good job bro very impressive
    I hate this ****ing excuse.

B4NE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by str8flexed
    How is that an excuse? You yourself should know, you had big arms since high skewl even though you're routine and nutrition was ****ty. Its just the truth. I mean obviously he works hard at it, but if the guy posting that comment worked the same he wouldnt even get half of shanes results.

drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drakx188 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i was just looking at 1 of shanes old posts that got bumped up, it was the 9 weeks out 1
    i mean no disrespect or anything, but the most muscular in the pic is very very similar to the most muscular in the 15 days out
    there is a little change in body fat, but thats it
    i cant really see a difference
    im not tryin to rip on shane i think he looks great
    was there not enough bulking beforehand or not enough cutting?
    or maybe i just dont know what im talkin about and should keep my mouth closed

There is no finish line. Jimmy_magix's Avatar
    Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by B4NE
    I mean obviously he works hard at it, but if the guy posting that comment worked the same he wouldnt even get half of shanes results.
    1.You do not know that.

2.Citing genetics in that manner is similar to the notion that taking gear means you don't have to work as hard. Just becasue Shane has got good genetics does not been he hasn't had to go balls out over the years to achieve what he has.

kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Bracken
    Nicely borrowed from dictionary.com
    ahaha, your fast!

kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kennynz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by str8flexed
    agreed, at this age noone has reached their genetic limits. the only difference worth noting is the fact he busts his ass everyday lifting, eating and probably sleeping more than me

AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50) AsianGuy4you will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Shane, how do you loose water in your body? You said something about your mid section.