Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigDaddy33 View Post
    Great News Brother.... Keep it up!!!

Howd they feel in the Morn?!?!?!
    Felt the same as usual. I always have pain but it wasnt any more than any other morning.

Im pumped that I can sorta work out shoulders tho

daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    new update about my shoulder surgery.

i started PT about 2 weeks ago , things goes good but not better. my probleme is the same as i'd ask you guys few days ago. sometimes i hear a click in my shoulder, sometimes smaller , sometimes more bigger. i thing this click is more stronger as i advance with my PT and recovering my ROM.

i am scarred because before my surgery *( bankart surgery to fix my labrum with 3 anchors) i was hearing same sound. I get some explanations that my shoulder have to absorve some liquid after this surgery, ar that i have lack of sinovial liquid in my capsule. this explanations not quite cools me

i ask for some advices from u guys that ha similar pbms.my surgeon said that i didn't have slap tear, just my tendon was inflamate. Ryan u have slap tear ... i read that when u suffer slap tear the shoulder make a click. is this possible to have a slap tear wich doc. let it untreated? (
    i don't fell an acute pain in my shoulder just one that i can handle it.

pls give me some advices

dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i got bankart surgery last week

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can anyone tell me why my arm (biceps and triceps) of the arm I had shoulder surgery on shrunk so much?

It's at least 2 inches smaller than my left arm. People have said the size comes back obviously but I was just wondering why that happens. Repairing some tendons and tissue means your arm shrinks?

Also, took off the remaining bandages and here's my cool new scar:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...0/IMG_0029.jpg

First off the main portion/top I'm very happy about as my scar from my surgery in 2002 was a lot wider. This is basically the width of a regular cut that should fade in very nicely.

But WTF is with the bottom? See how that sticks out? Is that normal? From the bandages? Will that flatten out? Feels like something is still in there when I tough it, lol.
    Last edited by Khryz; 12-25-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Merry Christmas all!
    My recovery journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123572831

bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigboy83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Khryz View Post
    Can anyone tell me why my arm (biceps and triceps) of the arm I had shoulder surgery on shrunk so much?

It's at least 2 inches smaller than my left arm. People have said the size comes back obviously but I was just wondering why that happens. Repairing some tendons and tissue means your arm shrinks?

Also, took off the remaining bandages and here's my cool new scar:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...0/IMG_0029.jpg

First off the main portion/top I'm very happy about as my scar from my surgery in 2002 was a lot wider. This is basically the width of a regular cut that should fade in very nicely.

But WTF is with the bottom? See how that sticks out? Is that normal? From the bandages? Will that flatten out? Feels like something is still in there when I tough it, lol.
    wikipedia "muscular atrophy." pretty accurate description. also, for what its worth, my surgical arm was waaay smaller until about 3 weeks ago when i really started gettin into the pt. once you start usin it again and doin ur pt, it responds pretty quickly...has for me at least. good luck bro.

klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

labrum surgery

I had labrum surgery 04/30/08, I have been doing rotator cuff exercises ever since. My shoulder still doesnt feel the way it did before injury, some folks tell me it never will. But it gets better each day. Make sure to follow the advice of the DR. and especially the PT. Definately dont do to much to soon!

BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RyanGrob View Post
    Merry Christmas all!
    Happy Holidays Ryan, And to everyone else as well!!! Looking forward to 2009

tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tentyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love recoveries like this its inspirational.

Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Happy New Year to All!!!
    I wish you all luck in the 2009 year. May better times lay ahead for all of us.

I see a lot of new faces in this thread, a good thing which means we are not alone. I'd like to tell all those guys who are new to the post op side to have patience and faith. You will lift again and be able to go at it hard again. Trust me I was JUST like you, waiting to get back to lifting. Your time will come. Relax and do the pt. HEAL those shoulders.

Big Al: Almost a full year anniversary huh? Awesome bro, I hope the shoulder has been holding up well for you.

************************************************** ***********************************

A quick update on my shoulder situation:

I'm about 9.5 months post op. The shoulder is doing well. It still cracks but there is no pain or discomfort associated with this. As for lifting, my shoulder is a little bit inconsistent. I find that sometimes I will be able to go weeks without having any problems what so ever. Shoulder feels great and normal. Then I will have some days (usually a "push day") where my shoulder just feels crappy. For example, about a month ago, I was incline BB benching, and I had to quit half way through because of discomfort in the shoulder. Then next week, my shoulder felt great and I was incline DB pressing 65's with good ROM and no pain. The inconsistency is rare though. For the most part my shoulder feels very well and I'm able to lift heavy.

Some modifications I noticed that help me:
    I have found that certain exercises really puts too much stress on the shoulders. My two big ones were flat/decline BB press and wide-grip pull ups

-I have found that decline/dips absolutely hurts my shoulder out of everything I do. I avoid these two movements, even though I realize they are excellent mass builders. As for ROM on flat BB press, as stated before in this thread, I do not go all the way down to touch my chest. I stop with about 2-3". This takes stress off of the shoulders.

-Wide-grip pull ups: These used to hurt my shoulders significantly. Then I made this key adjustment that keeps the stress of the shoulders. When you pull yourself up, ONLY go to eye level with the bar. Any higher than this puts too much stress on the shoulders. Slowly bring yourself up to eye level, and slowly bring yourself back down.

BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Bro, Happy New YEar!!!

klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klgomezaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, this is some good advice. I can really relate to this.

CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Shot in the dark here, but has anyone tried the TOPAZ procedure for debridement? I underwent labral debridement and chondroplasty last July on my right shoulder and am about 75% recovered. However, my left shoulder is bothering me now, and I'm considering trying TOPAZ over traditional methods if warranted by my condition.

Here's the website:

www.topazinfo.com.

I appreciate any info!

-C10
    PR's ... Goals @ 160 lbs. Bodyweight:

Bench Press - 250 ... 315
    Squat - 275 ... 400
    Trap Dead - 400 ... 480
    Bent Over Row - 195 ... 315
    Military Press - 150 ... 160
    Pull-Up - BW+150 ... BW + 180
    Dip - BW + 170 ... BW + 200

Originally Posted by CoQ10 View Post
    Shot in the dark here, but has anyone tried the TOPAZ procedure for debridement? I underwent labral debridement and chondroplasty last July on my right shoulder and am about 75% recovered. However, my left shoulder is bothering me now, and I'm considering trying TOPAZ over traditional methods if warranted by my condition.

Here's the website:

www.topazinfo.com.

I appreciate any info!

-C10
    Ive never heard of it, gonna check the website.

daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel.ok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Warrior18 View Post
    Happy New Year to All!!!
    I wish you all luck in the 2009 year. May better times lay ahead for all of us.

I see a lot of new faces in this thread, a good thing which means we are not alone. I'd like to tell all those guys who are new to the post op side to have patience and faith. You will lift again and be able to go at it hard again. Trust me I was JUST like you, waiting to get back to lifting. Your time will come. Relax and do the pt. HEAL those shoulders.

Big Al: Almost a full year anniversary huh? Awesome bro, I hope the shoulder has been holding up well for you.

************************************************** ***********************************

A quick update on my shoulder situation:

I'm about 9.5 months post op. The shoulder is doing well. It still cracks but there is no pain or discomfort associated with this. As for lifting, my shoulder is a little bit inconsistent. I find that sometimes I will be able to go weeks without having any problems what so ever. Shoulder feels great and normal. Then I will have some days (usually a "push day") where my shoulder just feels crappy. For example, about a month ago, I was incline BB benching, and I had to quit half way through because of discomfort in the shoulder. Then next week, my shoulder felt great and I was incline DB pressing 65's with good ROM and no pain. The inconsistency is rare though. For the most part my shoulder feels very well and I'm able to lift heavy.

Some modifications I noticed that help me:
    I have found that certain exercises really puts too much stress on the shoulders. My two big ones were flat/decline BB press and wide-grip pull ups

-I have found that decline/dips absolutely hurts my shoulder out of everything I do. I avoid these two movements, even though I realize they are excellent mass builders. As for ROM on flat BB press, as stated before in this thread, I do not go all the way down to touch my chest. I stop with about 2-3". This takes stress off of the shoulders.

-Wide-grip pull ups: These used to hurt my shoulders significantly. Then I made this key adjustment that keeps the stress of the shoulders. When you pull yourself up, ONLY go to eye level with the bar. Any higher than this puts too much stress on the shoulders. Slowly bring yourself up to eye level, and slowly bring yourself back down.
    when u said that yr shoulder :"cracks" you mean that u hear some kind of click when you make some kind of moves no????? i ask because i am 2 months after a bankart surgery for labrum fix and I am very worried because of this noise. I your opinion it is right to hear that noise, without pain of course but it's weard ... :-S

Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Warrior18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by daniel.ok View Post
    when u said that yr shoulder :"cracks" you mean that u hear some kind of click when you make some kind of moves no????? i ask because i am 2 months after a bankart surgery for labrum fix and I am very worried because of this noise. I your opinion it is right to hear that noise, without pain of course but it's weard ... :-S
    That is correct, when I say my shoulder "cracks" I'm referring to clicking of my shoulder with certain movements. 2 months post op and still having the clicking is extremely normal, in fact, it would be odd if you didn't have any cracking.

The clicking from what I have been told is just scar tissue that has formed over our bones due to the surgery. I was told this by my pt and ortho. From my general understanding (at least for my particular surgery), it should slow down at around 1 year post op. After that it will gradually go away, or so I am told...The cracking/clicking however does not upset me b/c there is no pain involved with it.

Hope this was helpful. Keep your head up, 2 months post op is still very early in recovering. GL bro.

Originally Posted by Warrior18 View Post
    That is correct, when I say my shoulder "cracks" I'm referring to clicking of my shoulder with certain movements. 2 months post op and still having the clicking is extremely normal, in fact, it would be odd if you didn't have any cracking.

The clicking from what I have been told is just scar tissue that has formed over our bones due to the surgery. I was told this by my pt and ortho. From my general understanding (at least for my particular surgery), it should slow down at around 1 year post op. After that it will gradually go away, or so I am told...The cracking/clicking however does not upset me b/c there is no pain involved with it.

Hope this was helpful. Keep your head up, 2 months post op is still very early in recovering. GL bro.
    your advices help me a lot. thanks a lot. I hope you're right about that click. you suffer same surery as me, bankart arthroscopic with 3 anchors? anyway hope you'll never get any injury in your life. never loose your faith!

Raydawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raydawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raydawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raydawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raydawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raydawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Folks,

I see a lot of people here that want to go back to lifting they way they used to. I must say that it is almost impossible to get back to the way you were. I am year and a half out of a SLAP II tear surgery. Just one anchor at 12 o'clock. I consider my surgery to be a success as i have no pain. i can sleep on my shoulder. But I can NOT bench the way i used to. I have tried modifications and found those to be a success. No jerking movements and most definately can NOT lower the bar below parrallel. (ie my elbows going past my chest). I was told strictly to NOT do pullups and I have stuck with rows. Similarly with the bicep curls. I can do hammer curls but not true curls. I have tried with the bands and those work okay also.

Any other thoughts?

CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoQ10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Raydawg View Post
    Folks,

I see a lot of people here that want to go back to lifting they way they used to. I must say that it is almost impossible to get back to the way you were. I am year and a half out of a SLAP II tear surgery. Just one anchor at 12 o'clock. I consider my surgery to be a success as i have no pain. i can sleep on my shoulder. But I can NOT bench the way i used to. I have tried modifications and found those to be a success. No jerking movements and most definately can NOT lower the bar below parrallel. (ie my elbows going past my chest). I was told strictly to NOT do pullups and I have stuck with rows. Similarly with the bicep curls. I can do hammer curls but not true curls. I have tried with the bands and those work okay also.

Any other thoughts?
    Raydawg -

I think it depends on the surgery and the particular patient. Personally, I've also had to make modifications to ROM and even omit certain exercises. However, I have a couple of friends who underwent shoulder surgery and are now stronger than they were beforehand.

IMHO, I feel that it's important to re-evalute your priorities after surgery and think about your long-term goals. If, for example, you want to be a competitive powerlifter, then you may need to do full-ROM benching at the expense of shoulder health. On the other hand, if you just want to improve your physique, you should be able to do so while avoiding exercises that could aggravate your injury.

Just my .02.

-C10
    PR's ... Goals @ 160 lbs. Bodyweight:

Bench Press - 250 ... 315
    Squat - 275 ... 400
    Trap Dead - 400 ... 480
    Bent Over Row - 195 ... 315
    Military Press - 150 ... 160
    Pull-Up - BW+150 ... BW + 180
    Dip - BW + 170 ... BW + 200

How's everything in "GIMP SHOULDER LAND"?? Hope all is well so far on the new year Had my "anniversary" Wends...LOL

Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello all hope the new year is treating you well!! its been a while since i was here any updates from anyone?? Hows the training going big al? last i remember ryan was to get another surgery any updates?? My update: currently 6 months out of bankart repair, capsular retention, and biceps tendonesis on my left shoulder. The shoulder is well, but havent been able to do any rehab for about 2 months because of damn tendonitis in my right shoulder. It hurts like a b*tch when i move it but even when its relaxed the shoulder hurts. Set up an appointment with ortho for jan 30th. I really need to get through the tendonitis since my left shoulder is 50% of what it was and i cant really use it that much.. cant drive and school is about to start so trying to find a good physio asap. Hope you are all healing up well!

hi guys. hope your rehab is going well and soon all of you became as new. as i posted on this thread ... my problem is in my left sholder. On 7 feb. it's 3 months mark since I get my bankart surgery (artroschopic with 3 anchors).

I have a question: If you have a very bad luck and your labrum torn again from that points of suture ... it hurts? Or how did you notice that?? I necessary that sholder dislocate again to torn the ligament from that anchors or just torn from the sutures and you barely notice that.

i put this question because as I work at PT, I hear strange noises in my shoulder ... clicking, cracking ... as I get back my ROM. it's that normaly to hear that sounds after 3 months???

have anyone a explanation about that noises? inflamation, not enough sinoval liquid, ... etc? what is your opinion?

good luck and never loose the faith you guys ... like 2Pac said ... hoping for better dayz

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well just had shoulder surgery thursday, fixed a rotator cuff tear and cut and reattached bicep tendon. I had pain for the first few days, alot more intense than i had first planned.
    One interesting point, because my blood pressure was dropping, after trying several options they ended up injecting me with blue dye. The end result was my arm turned blue! well more like blue lepard spots of dark blue. I had a good time telling nurses it was just a really bad tattoo idea.
    You can, and need to find a ground that you know you are suppose to stand on.. hence, stand your ground, this is the place where you know everything is as it should be for you. If you stand in a place where you know in your heart things are wrong, most things around you will never be right.

Rule number one, never work at being what another man defines as being "honorable", Honorable is is being true to what you know and and doing what you know is right for you..

Nagalfar

Originally Posted by mntbikedude View Post
    well just had shoulder surgery thursday, fixed a rotator cuff tear and cut and reattached bicep tendon. I had pain for the first few days, alot more intense than i had first planned.
    One interesting point, because my blood pressure was dropping, after trying several options they ended up injecting me with blue dye. The end result was my arm turned blue! well more like blue lepard spots of dark blue. I had a good time telling nurses it was just a really bad tattoo idea.
    Goodluck. Hope the recovery goes well.. LOL @ tatoo idea... Keep posted

Hows everyon else

Daniel.Ok, I cant answer your ? as i have no experience in that, hope you find the answer. Keep up the recovery...

sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just to start off I wanna say great thread!!! I read it but don't usually post but in 6 days i'll be a year after breaking and dislocating my left shoulder and fracturing my left humerus bone. My physio told me it may well take two years for it to heal so there we go.

BUT I can now finally shoulder press 12.5kg dumbells and dumbell press 20kg for decent reps (8-10) and i'm hoping to maybe move to 15 kg and 22 kg respectively might not sound alot but to me it is, although flexibility is still a major issue as i cant straight my arm straight out high without there being a slight arch where like my bicep and forearm meet(if ya get me lol).

I also had surgery on my right due to a bad dislocation on that particular shoulder about 6 years ago and i am pretty strong with it now(although i dont know how much now as i have to keep short on exercises so my left can catch up lol), there doesnt seem to be that much improvement in muscular development although i am going to persevere with this and take my training seriously this year(which i have been for last 10 weeks) and hopefully this year things will get up and running.

If anyone has any tips on why I am not seeming to build muscle on my right shoulder and obviously i am not wanting that to happen to my left also, can they give me tips, because I have had to lower the weight on dumbell press, raises, bent over raises, front raises for my left to catch up i am getting a better contraction going really slow on my right so maybe the mind-muscle connection will help.

Great thread big al and repped and also good luck to everyone on their progress and hope you all have great improvements to look forward to, any questions just ask as I would like to trade ideas.

curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation

Injuries (even aches and pains in general) suck.

Signed,
    The Wimp(tm)

P.S.

P.P.S. Kudos to those whose are working regardless of their injuries!
    http://curtjames.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/curtjames
    http://www.********.com/curtjames
    https://twitter.com/curtjames

Registered User c r a z y r a y's Avatar
    c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rehabbing, working hard, doing the damn thing

just updated in the DCR thread

hope all is well with everyone

backriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 weeks post op today

I have read every single thread here and it has answered most of my concerns. Like some here my MRI didn't show any tissue damage only showed AC Joint problems with 2 large bone spurs.
    My surgen suspected a tear but wouldn't say for sure till they went in.
    He repaired a torn labrum and torn R.C. along with the bone spurs and A.C. fix.
    It was a lot more to it than I expected to say the least. PT started the day after surgery along with the usual band excersises and rom 3 x day then ice.
    They say 12 wks pt 2x wk minimum. I was told that Im way ahead with rom
    "even though it doesn't feel like it" Im still having to thread my t-shirt on one arm @ a time. I do feel like Im making progress everyday but last Tuesday my PT started working the joint , pulling and stretching on me while laying on my back. Man! Ive never known any Pain like this!
    On top of that my right shoulder is also injured and from using my right for everything my cervical fusion injury has flared up like crazy.
    I had that done in 94 and have been able to keep it in check with workouts,
    without working out now I have constant pain and numbness in right arm.
    Also dealing with the tendonitus in the left arm.
    PT is going to help with cervical "ordered a tractsion device."
    Anyway Im prepared to work it out however I can.
    Im looking forward to workouts and training this spring and will check back in with a progress report in a few weeks.
    Thanks too everyone for sharing your experieneces here.
    PT last night went well , not quite as much pain. Im now out of the sling

Thanks , Dobby.
    Last edited by backriver; 02-06-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: update on pt

Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    about 7 months post op

Back to full ROM on almost everything

Back to BB benching 2 plates....hopefully make it to 315 in the near future

Hope everyone else is well
    IG = @ Bmur18 - Follow me and message for reps

**BMBC...MANG!**

rep back 10k+

aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i just underwent a bankart repair and arthoscopic surgery surgery last week to fix a torn ligament and small fractures i had ( sucked the bone shards right out) and im wondering when the typical time to get back into the gym using your shoulder is?
    also, what about leg work? did anyone work them while in the sling?
    great thread by the way :]

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast