Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MC_Ake View Post
    You that dude that said something epic was gonna happen and then the thread got deleted????....
    You just spent your 10,000th post on this forum byt typing that ^^^

gjdm
    Check your reps for your answer

EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000) EnergyTurtle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post

lulz

To save people. Basically to make it easier for us.
    So, before they had to sacrifice goats. God sent Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice. Now, we have to accept Jesus as our savior and we go to heaven. Now we are waiting for Armageddon so that God can defeat Satan and all the believers will go to heaven to live forever.

My question is who made these rules?
    Omar comin'

E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000) E-Dub187 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man, if they made an R/P forum, that would be EPIC.

jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasoncho92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EnergyTurtle View Post
    So, before they had to sacrifice goats. God sent Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice. Now, we have to accept Jesus as our savior and we go to heaven. Now we are waiting for Armageddon so that God can defeat Satan and all the believers will go to heaven to live forever.

Im not sure if what you just said is true, but in Christianity, God made all the rules.

telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) telega C 33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Xulu View Post

Don't be such a downer, religeon never hurt anything (serious. People fight wars over land and resources, the religeon is a trumped up afterthought)

Strong first post.

also plz don't neg
    you have got to be kidding me

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jasoncho92 View Post

Im not understanding. Why would people who sin so horribly on their own will want forgiveness so badly? Im sure lambs were the equivalent of at least a thousand dollars today.
    Ain't like they sinned just for the sake of it. They sinned cus they're not perfect, none of us are. We all got moments of weakness. Just gotta do our best to follow the rules and to keep on improving ourselves.

I'm not sure about goats...but lambs yes. As for the rest of what you said I think it's correct (I ain't as well-versed in the bible as I should be and don't really read it all that often, lol)

As for who made the rules. God did. At least that's what the bible says.

bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    According to Christian belief, after the crusifixion Jesus had a bodily ressurrection and opened the gates of heaven unto ALL human beings.

Prior to Jesus, the Jews believed that salvation was the aquisition of a land in which they could be free and raise their families without the inturuption of war or being taken over by other forces. Thus, everytime the Jews were in captivation, they saw it as apocalyptic times, and envisioned that God would send a savior to them to free them from imprisonment and thus grant them salvation.

Jesus (who by the way was a Jew and was NOT the first christian), was one of these people who believed that God was sending a savior to earh during the time of Roman captivity and persecution. He did not believe that he was THE savior, but saw himself more as a prophet who was proclaiming that the predictions made by former prophets (daniel) was comming true.

That being said, it was Paul who came up with the notion that Jesus had died for our sins. According to Christian belief, Paul experienced the resurrected Christ, and realized that salvation was not based upon whether or not you had land, but that it is the saving of our sins (the root of all suffering) which grants us salvation.

Jesus enables this because he opened the gates of heaven and enables ALL people to be granted salvation (the greeks also etc), to share the same bodily resurrection as he did, and join in holy union with God in heaven.

This is the basis of the Christian belief.

For all you Jesus haters out there, you should check out the "gnostic" religion. They actually believe that our "world" was created by the devil (or the christian view of what is God). And they believe that Jesus Christ was what was known as a "plueroma" which was sent down by the true god (aka depth), to raise awareness to people about their evil and material world created by the devil(contrary to christian belief that all things are good and created by a good God).

Pretty interesting stuff. Was never into religion much but taking a world religion class at school really opened up my eyes to how interesting it can all be.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3706311

^^my Hyperdrolx2 and Mass FX Log^^

jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jpost is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by I.was.phone View Post
    You just spent your 10,000th post on this forum byt typing that ^^^

gjdm
    Check your reps for your answer
    pmed u
    yeeea brah

KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000) KevC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Xulu View Post
    Riskity, i have a question for you.

You're on a sinking ship with a bunch of people; the lifeboats have malfunctioned, radio is out, help is NOT on the way. There is no way to avoid it, you're going to get wet. Now, what happens when you hit the water might be entirely up to you. One guy is trying to inflate his pants, one guy is throwing furniture over the side to find something that floats, and hell, one guy is praying to a ****ing unicorn. So here's the actual question--would you rather be the guy sitting in his room, waiting to die when he goes underwater, or would you rather be one of those guys with a plan?

You might say it makes no difference. Maybe you find solace in some sort of continued life after death via raising children or changing the world, maybe you just don't care either way. But the truth is, we are all waiting for our inevitable deaths, and it's a lot more fun to be the guy blowing up his pants (and telling everybody else they should be blowing up their pants) than it is to be the ******* telling everybody they aren't going to make it anyway.

Don't be such a downer, religeon never hurt anything (serious. People fight wars over land and resources, the religeon is a trumped up afterthought)

Strong first post.

also plz don't neg
    religion never hurt anything? you gotta be kidding me

bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bubujone35 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    almost every major war in history has been faught because of religion. i mean, just look at 9/11. our whole war right now has tons of religious influence...people dont realize that religion isnt all flowers and love.

and its not only fundamentalist muslims. just check out the crusades.

jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jack3d_brah9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bubujone35 View Post
    almost every major war in history has been faught because of religion. i mean, just look at 9/11. our whole war right now has tons of religious influence...people dont realize that religion isnt all flowers and love.

and its not only fundamentalist muslims. just check out the crusades.
    this

what a lot of you need to realize is that religion is highly illogical and unreasonable and pretty down right outrageous and crazy in their claims. and there is no denying that.

but that is not to say that none of them can in-fact be true.

Lets take a simple example,

Buddhist believe that there is no "god", that all things are impermenant and we basically live in an "illusion" of a world. Once you come into full realization of this "illusion" you achieve salvation and are no longer reborn into this vicious cycle of suffering and illusionary death (they call is samsara).

Christians, on the other hand, believe there is indeed a god and that salvation is the union of our body and souls with our creator in a heavenly realm.

Now, these two views are basically complete opposites. But one of them, in a nutshell, HAS to be true. There is a god, there isnt a god. There is heaven, or there isnt a heaven. Which one is true? Who the **** knows, but someone is close to being right. So bashing on all religions is rather idiotic and i find that people who dont take the time out to actually educate themselves on the issue are the ones who do all the hate. Go figure.

hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000) hashish is just really nice. (+1000)
    something smells fishy.... and i dont think its my panties...
    (no homo)

why nail a guy to a cross, then worship him...........
    ^_-
    (_)_)

--> MMC <--

NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh I've educated myself thoroughly on the religions of our world and I am yet to find a single one that has convinced me it is not fraudin.

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by telega C 33 View Post
    religion is the biggest mistake of the human race.

People are so desperate for answers, that they will believe god damn anything. makes me fukcin sick (yes mad)
    well i wish i created a religion. would of been fcking ballin when i died

i think all religions are bull**** too. whatever happened to just believing in yourself? these people are so weak minded that they need someone else to push them.

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)

Now, these two views are basically complete opposites. But one of them, in a nutshell, HAS to be true. There is a god, there isnt a god. There is heaven, or there isnt a heaven. Which one is true? Who the **** knows, but someone is close to being right. So bashing on all religions is rather idiotic and i find that people who dont take the time out to actually educate themselves on the issue are the ones who do all the hate. Go figure.
    why does one of them have to be true exactly? society has told you that there either is a god or there isn't, but is that really the case? think about it.

what if what you believe effects what happens after death? just playing devils advocate here, backing up my claims as to why i don't believe in anything at all. there is no fact at all in anything, nothing will ever be solved on this planet unless that person experiences it themselves and even then, can they believe it to be true? there are so many possibilities.

I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I.was.phone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jesus enables this because he opened the gates of heaven and enables ALL people to be granted salvation (the greeks also etc), to share the same bodily resurrection as he did, and join in holy union with God in heaven.
    ^^^ And this is where there seems to be a disconnect ^^^

How did jesus open the gates of Heaven for us all by dying on the cross?
    Why would there be no salvation with out his death?
    This is aconcept that paul came up with?

SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^ And this is where there seems to be a disconnect ^^^

How did jesus open the gates of Heaven for us all by dying on the cross?
    Why would there be no salvation with out his death?
    This is aconcept that paul came up with?
    No. Read the Gospels. This is the way as Jesus explained it himself. At the last supper he said that his body and blood would be given up for his followers. Sacrifice has been a part of all most all religions pretty much through out history. It's all through the old testament. Jesus would be the last blood sacrifice.
    Last edited by BigCool; 01-04-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Tortured, died and born again

No Bodyspace because

**Dirty South Crew**

Who Dat!? and Geaux Tigers!

1k+

Originally Posted by BigCool View Post
    No. Read the Gospels. This is the way as Jesus explained it himself. At the last supper he said that his body and blood would be given up for his followers. Sacrifice has been a part of all most all religions pretty much through out history. It's all through the old testament. Jesus would be the last blood sacrifice.
    But why must a sacrifice be made?
    Man in place of an animal?

Pronoun: Phaggot/Genius backinbusiness's Avatar
    backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinbusiness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A human sacrafice in place of every person?
    But would would happen if the sacrafice of Jesus was not made?
    I would burn in hell anyway right?

What is the point of beleiving it if it doesnt make sense to me?
    Why offer his son, with expectations and strings attached.
    If you offer it, fine, offer it, but don't punish those that do not accept it with eternity in hell. Especially if you are our loving father.

I just don't get it

I am trying, but I don't get it..
    You don't get it because it DOESNT MAKE SENSE.

Listen to reason and logic, not what the masses have told you. Your mind is trying to tell you to stop thinking like a sheep and think like a human.
    Misc Firearm Crew. 2nd Amendment cannot be Interpreted.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
    2023 Goal: Continue triggering leftist R&P deranged posters and incels.
    Never relax around joggers

SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoCool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But why must a sacrifice be made?
    Man in place of an animal?
    Blood = Life. It's a blood sacrifice or life sacrifice. Asking why is a pretty deep theological question.

Why must we sacrifice for the one's we love?

Why can't we just get and not have to give?

Again, one thing you must accept if you want to "understand" God, you will never have every detail answered and figured out. His ways are beyond our ways.
    Tortured, died and born again

No Bodyspace because

**Dirty South Crew**

Who Dat!? and Geaux Tigers!

1k+

MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000) MC_Ake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BigCool View Post
    Blood = Life. It's a blood sacrifice or life sacrifice. Asking why is a pretty deep theological question.

Why must we sacrifice for the one's we love?

Why can't we just get and not have to give?

Again, one thing you must accept if you want to "understand" God, you will never have every detail answered and figured out. His ways are beyond our ways.
    Wow this has made me really sad and pissed off....

I just got some dope ass bud but I gets it's ****e compared to what you got son, pass dat' **** nugguh....

-NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats what i've never gotten about organized religion...

So your telling my that the billions of people that didn't believe in Christianity, but were amazing people through their life, are burning in hell right now? Fck that.

Or what about the ancient peoples, they had different social standerds and beliefs. They all burnin?

Organized religion, all of it, is BS.

If you believe in a god, then good for you. I have no problem with that, but if you believe in bull **** ideas about him than your an idiot(lol not directed to anyone in particualr).

We have never seen god, so how are we supposed to know his wishes?

Personally i dont even know if i believe in god. I dont discount the fact that there could possibly be a god though. I do believe in some sort of Karma though, and i belive in life after death. Be it reincarnation or heaven and hell...
    Cant stop, wont stop.
    Alpha.

LEAN XTREME/ADRENALEAN LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117203321

-Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always wondered why. If god has unlimited power, can't he wash away our sins without sending his son to be tortured and executed?
    That's because, as far as I understand, God isn't necessarily the most powerful force. He himself is bound by rules, bound by the rules of love. This is why God is forced to give us free choice, because without it there is no love and god needs love. He can't make people love him because that would not be true love. So from what I've come up with from some of the things that I have learned, according to the bible, is that even God's actions are dictated by certain things which in itself contradicts many of the things you are taught in the christian faith about God being all powerful. I was raised in the christian faith, but once you start getting older and start thinking for yourself it is things like this that start to make you really question all of it. Like how it is stated that the bible is god's word and it is true because it was handed down to men by God. Well, if the bible is being written by men, whom God has given free choice, who is to say that it is surely all true when men, who have free will, can definitely lie. This is where I think some of the farfetched stories like "Noah's Ark", "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego", and other stories along these lines come into play. There are just so many things that don't add up when you look at the bible with an open mind...By the way, i don't deny the existence of God. I merely question the validity of the bible in some cases. Just wanted to make that clear.

6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jasoncho92 View Post
    I cant argue with someone who has such a large bias that he believes something is fact. If you read my posts with even a shred of comprehension of the English language, 75% of it was stating that there is nothing to prove religion is false. Of course a billion people believing some false doesnt make it true, but a billion people believing in something that has a minute chance of being true is a completely different scenario. Dont try to argue with me if youre going to try and make it seem like i said something i didnt.
    But do you atleast admit that though neither side can be proven, from a logical standpoint your beliefs are taking a much bigger leap of faith than his or mine?

6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000) 6Pax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by -NB- View Post
    Thats what i've never gotten about organized religion...

So your telling my that the billions of people that didn't believe in Christianity, but were amazing people through their life, are burning in hell right now? Fck that.

Or what about the ancient peoples, they had different social standerds and beliefs. They all burnin?

Organized religion, all of it, is BS.

If you believe in a god, then good for you. I have no problem with that, but if you believe in bull **** ideas about him than your an idiot(lol not directed to anyone in particualr).

We have never seen god, so how are we supposed to know his wishes?

Personally i dont even know if i believe in god. I dont discount the fact that there could possibly be a god though. I do believe in some sort of Karma though, and i belive in life after death. Be it reincarnation or heaven and hell...
    Yeah, x2

This is always one of my main qualms with the whole thing. What are we supposed to believe about all those starving kids in Africa, dying of AIDS, all that terrible ****. Just because they were never able to meet a Christian missionary guy and accept Jesus, they get to burn in the same hell as somebody like Hitler, even though they didn't do anything except be born into a ****ty world?

I cannot, and will not ever get my mind around that. If someone would like to try and explain it to me, go ahead. And you know what, even if that is how things really are, Christianity is right, those kids just got unlucky? **** it, I don't want to love or believe in a God who just lets that happen, even if he is real.

Originally Posted by -Kal-El- View Post
    ...This is where I think some of the farfetched stories like "Noah's Ark", "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego", and other stories along these lines come into play.
    It is my understanding that the majority of the stories in the bible are "borrowed" from Mesopotamian culture as far back as 1000 years prior.
    And the concept of Jesus and the resurection was promoted over a dozen times by a dozen different religons as far as 1000 years before Jesus existed, all mostly dirrived from the pegan belief systsm of the the day, night, seasons and the harvest.

what to beleive?!?!

Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The story goes:

Adam disobeyed God, the punishment was suffering and death.

God sent Jesus to correct Adam's mistake.

People didn't listen.

Jesus was crucified.

God resurrected Jesus to correct man's second mistake, and offered eternity for those who acknowledge, and live, Jesus' message.

(and that in the Book of John when Jesus told his disciples, when he realized he was going to be crucified and submitted himself to his fate, that they knew where he was going and how to get there, Thomas said 'we don't know where you are going....how do we know how to get there. Thus, Jesus offered them comfort and said 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light, no one comes to the Father except through me).

That statement and Jesus' purpose has been interpreted to mean only Jesus can get you in to heaven. I personally feel he was speaking that it was his 'life' that was the way - the way of Love. Others take it more literal. Those who take it literal feel that if you don't accept Jesus as the only way will go to hell. That, to me, is unfortunate because allot of suffering has resulted from that interpretation.
    Last edited by Enso; 01-04-2009 at 10:10 AM.

-NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -NB- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One more thing about christianity...

I forgot the exact reference, but in a world religions class i took the teacher showed how the Chrstian Cross was and idea taken form some ancient religion of people who had some kind of attachment to the shape of a cross.

Basically, the cross was a stolen symbol incorporated in the bible to recruit more religions...
    Many other Symbols and sayings in the bible are taken from a wide array of Ancient religions...
    Cant stop, wont stop.
    Alpha.

LEAN XTREME/ADRENALEAN LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117203321

-Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000) -Kal-El- is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is my understanding that the majority of the stories in the bible are "borrowed" from Mesopotamian culture as far back as 1000 years prior.
    And the concept of Jesus and the resurection was promoted over a dozen times by a dozen different religons as far as 1000 years before Jesus existed, all mostly dirrived from the pegan belief systsm of the the day, night, seasons and the harvest.

what to beleive?!?!
    Very interesting, I was not aware...I think alot of what religion has to deal with is people needing a purpose. In a way it is a security blanket. I think this is why we see religion reoccurring and going through these cycles like it does. Because I mean we have Ancient Egyptian religions, present day Christianity, and everything before and in between. Just the same way that different Protestant denomination's beliefs can differ vastly speaks for itself, not even all Christians can agree on things that are explicitly and clearly stated in the bible.