ghostfaced has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation BEGINNING cardio help..

Hi, in the last 6 months ive gone from 170 to 205 and put on a lot of muscle and a lot of fat. My waist has exploded from 32" to about 36", I lift 5-6 times a week and am looking to start doing some cardio to tighten up a little bit. I can only use the elliptical machine since my knees are bad. So my question is, what is the best cardio I can do to lose fat and keep as much muscle as possible? I am hoping to cut down a little bit before the beginning of april and will diet accordingly. I know this question has probably been asked many times but i've heard differetn answers from doing a 15 min. all out session to a slow 35 minute one. I plan on doing 3-4 sessions a week. Any help will be appreciated.

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    for maximum gains i would probly choose HIIT for your situation, however, dont jump straight into this, make sure you can do a good 20-30min regular cardio session, also check with your doctor if you have any heart problems
    you mentioned that you have bad knees, so dont over do it, HIIT can be very intense

cool, but what is HIIT?

kumar75150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cool but how long should i do this? 15 minutes? 20 minutes? I get the basic idea but how long and how many times a week?

kumar75150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well according to that article, it gives you a table of exactly how long to go.

If you find that its too easy, I would concentrate more on increasing intensity instead of time at first.

wwilse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're not quit ready for HIIT, this routine might help. Get on a treadmill and set it at a comfortable but challenging speed, like 6.0 mph. Put a set of headphones on with at least 8 songs on your CD, or I guess you could use a radio station you really like. Go at 6.0 for 2 songs, then bump it up to 6.2 for 2 songs, then 6.4 for 2. This sould take about 20 minutes. The next time you go, start at 6.2 and follow the same. I did this last month and got from struggling at 6.0, to finally be able to go starting at 8.2. Just an idea for a change of pace. Obviously you may need to vary your starting point depending on how fit you are.

I'm doing HIIT now, and I think I'm getting more out of it since i can go the whole 20 minutes. Ward