Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Phenylethylamine (Cognitive Nutrition)

First off, I want to thank Steve for giving me the oppurtunity to give this stuff a shot. I've heard lots of good things about it so I can't wait to see how it goes. I'll be taking my first dose here in a couple minutes and will report back later on this evening.
    Over the years of training, eating, lifting, running, supplementing, shaping and even abusing my body, an axiomatic truth that I have often failed to grasp, but perhaps am on the verge of acquiring, is that desire without discipline will never, ever produce the fruits of joyous success. Discipline leads to perseverance, and perseverance leads to character; and that's what bodybuilding is truly all about: becoming the best person - body, mind and spirit - that you can be.

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jdbman11 View Post
    First off, I want to thank Steve for giving me the oppurtunity to give this stuff a shot. I've heard lots of good things about it so I can't wait to see how it goes. I'll be taking my first dose here in a couple minutes and will report back later on this evening.
    Nice start are you trying 1 cap?
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jdbman11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    Nice start are you trying 1 cap?
    Yep.

I popped one cap (750mg) on an empty stomache.

About 10 minutes after dose, I had the feeling of 'the runs'. I get the same feeling after taking ******** or riddilin.

About 20 minutes after dose, I felt a very calm, but focused energy. I didn't have the jitters, which was suprising. I gave one to my room mate also, and at this point I overheard her singing and dancing in the kitchen, lol.

About 45 minutes after dose, I was still very calm, but I had a very high alertness about everything. I walked into the kitchen, and my roomy handed me a plate of fresh grilled talapia! (never cooks for me). She had her Ipod cranked up too high to even hear me say thank you. I take it she'll be wanting more!

After I ate the talapia, the effects started to diminish, though I still feel very focused and elaborated. I wanted to try another dose for a good kick, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow. Stay tuned!
    Over the years of training, eating, lifting, running, supplementing, shaping and even abusing my body, an axiomatic truth that I have often failed to grasp, but perhaps am on the verge of acquiring, is that desire without discipline will never, ever produce the fruits of joyous success. Discipline leads to perseverance, and perseverance leads to character; and that's what bodybuilding is truly all about: becoming the best person - body, mind and spirit - that you can be.

CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep.

About 10 minutes after dose, I had the feeling of 'the runs'. I get the same feeling after taking ******** or riddilin.

About 20 minutes after dose, I felt a very calm, but focused energy. I didn't have the jitters, which was suprising. I gave one to my room mate also, and at this point I overheard her singing and dancing in the kitchen, lol.

About 45 minutes after dose, I was still very calm, but I had a very high alertness about everything. I walked into the kitchen, and my roomy handed me a plate of fresh grilled talapia! (never cooks for me). She had her Ipod cranked up too high to even hear me say thank you. I take it she'll be wanting more!

After I ate the talapia, the effects started to diminish, though I still feel very focused and elaborated. I wanted to try another dose for a good kick, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow. Stay tuned!
    Well that's a good sign for the first dose. Just as an FYI I think it's best to dose it once a day for the most part. Eating afterwards does seem to reduce the phase 1 effects to some degree but you should feel relaxed for quite awhile.

If you like feel free to take 1 cap followed by another 15 mins later or go up to 2 at once tomorrow.

LOL @ your roommate at this rate you can have her cook for you all the time!

PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PEA kills my appetite. But other than that I think it's the perfect supplement for me. It works 100% of the time and I've never had any negative reactions(other than aggression, but that's not really negative I like it).
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and well, sometimes the bar eats you.

Dosage: 2 capsules

15 minutes later - 1 capsule

empty stomache

can't feel face

body numb

Dosage: 2 capsules

15 minutes later - 1 capsule

empty stomache

can't feel face

body numb
    Well you just skipped a dosing step didn't you lol. How are you feeling?

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CN is a great guy hooking people up left and right to try this stuff out.

Cant be hurting business
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Originally Posted by Black_Label View Post
    CN is a great guy hooking people up left and right to try this stuff out.

Cant be hurting business
    The tricky part is getting people interested surprising alot of BB's still don't know about it or it's effects. Hmm perhaps an awesome write up is in my future plans.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The tricky part is getting people interested surprising alot of BB's still don't know about it or it's effects. Hmm perhaps an awesome write up is in my future plans.
    Just going to take some time, get a few big name people logging a bit.

I already see it spreading. I wish I got more mind muscle connection out of it =( the chill effect alone is worth it though.
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Well you just skipped a dosing step didn't you lol. How are you feeling?
    Yeah it was my birthday and I wanted to give the party dose a shot. The first phase was intense! I could hardly walk and like I said previously, my face was completely numb. There was a little tingling effect too, kind of similar to the effect of eaa's. After the initial "buzz" faded away, I was completely focused on the basketball game...shouting, screaming, talking strategy...People were asking how I got drunk so fast...

I have yet to try PEA pre-workout, so I think i'll be dosing 750mg before my back workout today. I'll let you all know how it goes

Just going to take some time, get a few big name people logging a bit.

I already see it spreading. I wish I got more mind muscle connection out of it =( the chill effect alone is worth it though.
    You want to try dosing taking 1-2 capsule 4 times throughout the day for a try?

Yeah it was my birthday and I wanted to give the party dose a shot. The first phase was intense! I could hardly walk and like I said previously, my face was completely numb. There was a little tingling effect too, kind of similar to the effect of eaa's. After the initial "buzz" faded away, I was completely focused on the basketball game...shouting, screaming, talking strategy...People were asking how I got drunk so fast...

I have yet to try PEA pre-workout, so I think i'll be dosing 750mg before my back workout today. I'll let you all know how it goes
    Sounds like an awesome time. Did you drink as well?

otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep.

rooming with a female, orly
    ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'' -Muhammad Ali

Originally Posted by otrebmu View Post
    I should have touched up on this. Good call man.

jdbman11 any Pics? Is she cute or has a bf? or gf? lol

You want to try dosing taking 1-2 capsule 4 times throughout the day for a try?
    2-4g a day =\

isnt that pushing it?
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se7en07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know if the current logger is a student or not, but would PEA help with test anxiety? I seem to suffer from this quite a bit...

Sounds like an awesome time. Did you drink as well?
    I had two Crown&Coke's. Love my canadian whiskey

I should have touched up on this. Good call man.

jdbman11 any Pics? Is she cute or has a bf? or gf? lol
    haha you guys need girlfriends. She won't let me post a pic of her, but she's cute. I'd do her. haha (just got punched). she says Hi

As for my workout, I seemed to have a little more energy. I almost felt like I'd taken a stimulant. I want to try 1500mg preworkout... as anyone tried this?

otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000)
    giver her some more of that stuff and then proceed to PIITB.

don't tell her what PIITB means, just do it. stealth PIITBing.
    ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'' -Muhammad Ali

2-4g a day =\

isnt that pushing it?
    For 1 day to try it I think you will live. I did lol. Remember your body metabolizes it quite fast. Within an hour or so of the first dose there is no more PEA left in your systems.

Trust and judge yourself with the doses you've taken if you don't feel comfortable then don't do it.
    Last edited by CognitiveNutrition; 11-07-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Sounds like it involves peanut butter jk. Thank god for ud or I wouldn't know what half you kids say.

Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    For 1 day to try it I think you will live. I did lol. Remember your body metabolizes it quite fast. Within an hour or so of the first dose there is no more PEA left in your systems.
    2-4g a day =\

isnt that pushing it?
    I have done over 3-4+ grams of PEA in a day multiple times, with alcohol before, with Theanine, 5htp, l-Dopa, all kinds of stuff

trust me you will live as Steve said your body metabolizes it super fast. I believe I read on wikipedia that the half-life is about 10 minutes

what I do have to try though is pairing up a low dose of PEA with a MAO-B inhibitor

if you wanna go to a party and feel great but aren't in the mood to drink (just not feeling it or don't want to ruin your BB gains) then just bring a baggie with 4-5g of PEA and dose that over the night i have never kept laughing randomly in one night ever before...
    Last edited by Squat2Grow; 11-07-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    i rep back 1k+

lmao

LOL

Trust and judge yourself with the doses you've taken if you don't feel comfortable then don't do it.
    Interesting.

Such thing as a PEA Overdose?

Just walked in from an extremely hot date. I took 4500mg throughout the evening. I took two around 9, two more around 1030, and two at midnight. Let's just say the night was fun. I only had one beer and I didn't feel the need to keep drinking (which is good for me).

I was deadset on going home with her. Definitely more so than on usual dates. When the date was closing and it sounded like she wanted to call it a night, I pulled some **** out of my arse and persuaded her to continue the partay .

I didn't feel the inital first phase buzz that I usually do.. perhaps I should cycle off for a couple days. CN, do you think it would be harmful to increase the dosage to 7-8 caps in an evening?

LOL

Interesting.

I'm sure you don't want to be the first one to find out. Any compound can be taken in a high enough dose to cause problems that dose varies on the person. I generally recommending taking the lowest effective dose after you've done your trial and error experimenting with it.

Just walked in from an extremely hot date. I took 4500mg throughout the evening. I took two around 9, two more around 1030, and two at midnight. Let's just say the night was fun. I only had one beer and I didn't feel the need to keep drinking (which is good for me).

I was deadset on going home with her. Definitely more so than on usual dates. When the date was closing and it sounded like she wanted to call it a night, I pulled some **** out of my arse and persuaded her to continue the partay .

I didn't feel the inital first phase buzz that I usually do.. perhaps I should cycle off for a couple days. CN, do you think it would be harmful to increase the dosage to 7-8 caps in an evening?
    The higher doses you take the more days I would suggest cycling off.
    I don't think you felt a buzz in part due to the doses (probably abit too low) and time apart you took them. In order to feel a buzz you need an significant increase in PEA in your system and to maintain that with closer timed doses (15-30 mins).

I would suggest taking r-lipoic acid 100 mg if you're planning to go over 4 caps. Harmful? Ehh not more so than a few drinks. But daily I don't think that's wise.

I would be very curious how well you sleep and what your dreams are like.

The higher doses you take the more days I would suggest cycling off.
    I don't think you felt a buzz in part due to the doses (probably abit too low) and time apart you took them. In order to feel a buzz you need an significant increase in PEA in your system and to maintain that with closer timed doses (15-30 mins).

I would suggest taking r-lipoic acid 100 mg if you're planning to go over 4 caps. Harmful? Ehh not more so than a few drinks. But daily I don't think that's wise.

I would be very curious how well you sleep and what your dreams are like.
    Actually I didn't fall asleep until 5am, but my sleep was excellent. I woke up at noon feeling great and made a delicous homeade mcmuffin I don't recall any dreams, though...

Why do you suggest r-lipoic acid?

I'm going to try 1500mg 15 minutes apart before workout today. And I won't be taking another dose until Wednesday. will report back

Actually I didn't fall asleep until 5am, but my sleep was excellent. I woke up at noon feeling great and made a delicous homeade mcmuffin I don't recall any dreams, though...

Why do you suggest r-lipoic acid?

I'm going to try 1500mg 15 minutes apart before workout today. And I won't be taking another dose until Wednesday. will report back
    In very high doses like ALC it may increase free radicals. R-Lipoic acid should shields you any of that.

LOL

Interesting.

how did it go?