jelizd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Optimum 100% Whey Protein

Hi everyone!!

My name is June. I'm thinking about buying Optimum 100% Whey Protein for my first time. If you're familiar with this brand, would you please tell me what you think about it, what it tastes like and the flavor you enjoy the most. I am thinking about delicious strawberry or double rich chocolate. Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
    June
    You can do it if you set your mind to it.

luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10) luthien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love double rich chocolate flavor! I drink it and I use it to make pancakes. It is so delicious!
    I haven't tried strawberry so I can't tell anything about this flavor.
    ******No sacrifice, no victory******

BB Transformation Challenge :)

Start - 186.6 lb
    Week 1 - 183.1 lb
    Week 2 - 181.3 lb
    Week 3 - 179.5 lb
    Week 4 - 179.0 lb
    Week 5 - 175.0 lb
    Week 6 - 176.8 lb
    Week 7 - 173.6 lb
    Week 8 - 172.0 lb
    Week 9 - 169.8 lb
    Week 10 - ...
    Week 11 - ...
    Week 12 (FINALE!) - ....

Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000)
    im a big fan of the banana cream-add it to my oatmeal/egg white pancakes and it goes great in a shake with a little bit of natty pb

Eat Lift Sleep Repeat txlftngrl's Avatar
    txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) txlftngrl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im on my first tub of optimum nutriton, and i have the double rich chocolate. its delicious! taste like chocolate milk.

tex
    This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my (!@#$%^&*) six hours a day. What are you on? - Lance Armstrong

Success comes before work....only in the dictionary.

heres my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114938821

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by texgirlee View Post
    im on my first tub of optimum nutriton, and i have the double rich chocolate. its delicious! taste like chocolate milk.

tex
    x2 and that includes when it's mixed with water. And you've got to love how well it dissolves- no disgusting lumps to gag on. Fully recommended!
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,
    I use the Vanilla flavour...it?s nice and goes well in my porridge as well as the recipes I cook such as pancakes, oatmeal biscuits etc.
    x2 for good dissolving powder in water...no lumps at all!
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's seriously good stuff.

Double choc is my fav.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

ThePanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have strawberry and it is true to its flavor. Tastes like strawberry milkshakes

Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the dbl rich chocolate and LOVE it! It tastes more like hot chocolate than chocolate milk to me. On chilly mornings I've even mixed it with hot water...so good! It also doesn't have that horrible aftertaste like some brands do.

Plays well with others LoveCode3's Avatar
    LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Hmmm LOVE the banana cream. I've tried Caramel Toffee Fudge, Cookies N' Cream, Choc Mint, Gingerbread Cookie, and Strawberry Banana and every single oneof them have been soooo good!
    **Cuffin' n' Stuffin'** since 2000 ~~

rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    u knoooow there are other pro powders that are cheaper and have even a better BCCA's profile than optimum, everybody just seems to buy that brand therefore it is more priceier :P
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    conquering in Jesus Name !
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10) livinghealthy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    double rich chocolate is ok, the flavor isn't very 'rich'

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love the double rich chocolate, as well as chocolate malt.

beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The Double Rich Chocolate is good. One thing I love about ON whey is that it mixes very easily...I can just stir it with a spoon and it mixes completely with no clumps.

PeanutButterMotherF*cker TankGirl's Avatar
    TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    all of ON's chocolate flavours are pretty spot on, but if you want to go down the strawberry route, i'd recommend strawberry-banana over delicious strawberry
    what would grok do?..

Currently: 5x5 stronglifts / 2-3 x per week sprints/crossfit

Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the Pumpkin Pie and I love it! It tastes great and is easily put into recipes.
    ~Keep the promises you make to yourself.~
    ~*Test your own limits and keep going*~
    Live through the bumps in the road and keep going... only then will you know truly how strong you are.
    ~GinGer~

Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brielerose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the Pumpkin Pie and I love it! It mixes easily and is great in recipes.
    ~Keep the promises you make to yourself.~
    ~*Test your own limits and keep going*~
    Live through the bumps in the road and keep going... only then will you know truly how strong you are.
    ~GinGer~

LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can someone tell me if the Whey is free of rBHG? (growth hormones given to cows)

**EDIT: Never mind, I just read it. It isn't free of rBHG and it has artificial flavors. I'll stick to my rBHG free, chemical free Jay Robb Whey Protein. It is more costly, but well worth it IMO.
    Last edited by LindaMT; 09-15-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: updating
    'Lifting is not just physical - it's the mind, body and spirit working together. If you think you can't, think again.'

ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000) ElishiaMarie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RebeccaTD View Post
    Hi,
    I use the Vanilla flavour...it?s nice and goes well in my porridge as well as the recipes I cook such as pancakes, oatmeal biscuits etc.
    x2 for good dissolving powder in water...no lumps at all!
    Same here. Vanilla is my favorite. I put it in my oatmeal every morning.
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MollyD1016 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why don't you order the box of mixed flavors, that way you can try them all and decided what you like before you by a tub. That's what I did and so far I like the banana also.
    www.livewellbefitcoach.com
    www.********.com/livewellbefit

"If you believe, you can achieve." JLS

AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ON is a good mid grade brand of protein. I use the Gold Standard. It has Glutamine and BCAA's. They just came out with a Carmel Toffee Fudge, that well.... I think I NEED to get...lol
    All of their flavors are good, the chocolates are not extremely rich tasting but the fruit flavors are great!! Get on the ON website to see all the flavors and perhaps your supplement store can order one. There are also some very good "discount" websites for supps!

Have fun!
    AnnaT

Captain_N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rockeo View Post
    u knoooow there are other pro powders that are cheaper and have even a better BCCA's profile than optimum, everybody just seems to buy that brand therefore it is more priceier :P
    whats a cheaper better protein powder? im using Optimum 100% whey
    Protein but was just wondering there were any better and cheaper.

AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try Dymatize Elite...great flavors and depending where you get it, it is $2-4 less expensive than Optimum Nutrition
    AnnaT