Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HeloRugger View Post
    First let me say I am very sorry. I have buried more friends than I care to count but thank God I have not had to bury a child of mine.
    One thing to consider is that since you have had a hard time returning to the site, this has provided you that opportunity. Six months will not matter to your son, but you being able to actively participate in replacing his memorial will last you a lifetime.
    This is what I think to... especially since I had nothing to do with any of the planning. I was to sick at the time and I think it would be helpful to be able to do something the first I go. I don't know why, but I think it'll somehow ease the visit if I can feel like I did something??? Even if it's just somewhat of a distraction ya know.

Do it or don't do it... tomdana's Avatar
    tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Prayers

Originally Posted by babiegirl View Post
    Someone vandelized the cemetery where my son is buried and I need to replace the headstone apparently it was broken. I was suppose to have gone down and replaced this month but I ended up having to travel somewhere else so I didn't make the trip. (cemetries in Ga I live OK) I kinda want to go do this myself but that means waiting another 4 months (till I get a break in school) Would be disrespectful to do that?? That would mean he would left without a marker for like 6 months. It seams kinda wrong. I do have a friend who go out and do it for me, but aside from the funeral I've been able to go back there. I didn't choose the first one and I never even saw it. So I kinda want to go do things myself but I'm worried it'll seam disrespectful to leave the site unmarked for such a long time....
    You will make the right decision. I respect you for wanting to do it yourself and I am certain the little one knows how you feel. The place your child is buried is not the place your kiddo remains. Your son lives on in your heart and memories. Don't be hard on yourself, be patient and continue to show your love. Prayers that you may have peace until you can go and that the burden of replacing his headstone will actually bring you peace through action. Take care and prayers are with you.
    Do it or Don't do it, There is no try