spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Good 3 times a week strength/hypertrophy hybrid recommendations?

So I'm looking for a good mix between strength and hypertrophy that is a 3 day split.

The reason for the 3 day split is fibromyalgia. I don't have the energy to go to the gym 5 times a week, and everything seems to hurt which is going to make going to the gym suck.

Besides, my plan is to do all compound movements anyway, so could you recommend a good program that will work for both gaining strength and size?

10 Reps seems to be the sweet spot. Not too certain about sets and what to avoid doing three times a week. Doing deadlift three times a week seems like a bad idea.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) spawnofmcleod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by spawnofmcleod View Post
    So I'm looking for a good mix between strength and hypertrophy that is a 3 day split.

The reason for the 3 day split is fibromyalgia. I don't have the energy to go to the gym 5 times a week, and everything seems to hurt which is going to make going to the gym suck.

Besides, my plan is to do all compound movements anyway, so could you recommend a good program that will work for both gaining strength and size?

10 Reps seems to be the sweet spot. Not too certain about sets and what to avoid doing three times a week. Doing deadlift three times a week seems like a bad idea.

Anyway, thanks in advance!
    Anyone? 🤔

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone? ������
    You want someone to recommend a pre-made split that matches what you want?

- 3 days
    - mix of strength & hypertrophy/size
    - all compound movements
    - 10 reps for each set
    - the same workout for all 3 days

Why don't you just design your own if you've been here since 2015?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fierce 5 hybrid of lower, upper, FB

Or the novice program if you’re a beginner.. obviously

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You want someone to recommend a pre-made split that matches what you want?

- 3 days
    - mix of strength & hypertrophy/size
    - all compound movements
    - 10 reps for each set
    - the same workout for all 3 days

Why don't you just design your own if you've been here since 2015?
    For the most part, I have. It's just been so long since I've lifted weights that I feel out of the loop and need a bit of a refresher.

Between fibromyalgia kicking my ass and rarely having access to a local gym, it's been difficult.

I'm now starting at a gym tomorrow and have a rough idea of what I want. Squats, deadlift, overhead press and bench on Monday and Fridays. Just trying to figure out what to do on Wednesday lol.

I think doing that exact routine 3 x a week might be pushing it.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Fierce 5 hybrid of lower, upper, FB

Or the novice program if you’re a beginner.. obviously
    Thanks.

I was half thinking of doing 3 x full body, but I think that might be pushing it. So I'm thinking full body 2 x a week, Wednesday being the undecided inbetween.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For the most part, I have. It's just been so long since I've lifted weights that I feel out of the loop and need a bit of a refresher.

Between fibromyalgia kicking my ass and rarely having access to a local gym, it's been difficult.

I'm now starting at a gym tomorrow and have a rough idea of what I want. Squats, deadlift, overhead press and bench on Monday and Fridays. Just trying to figure out what to do on Wednesday lol.

I think doing that exact routine 3 x a week might be pushing it.
    It's kinda counterproductive if you have beginner numbers and don't know how to program, yet have very specific preferences, to look for a ready-made progam that suits what you want.

Like I said, if you're very particular just do your own program - good or bad.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It's kinda counterproductive if you have beginner numbers and don't know how to program, yet have very specific preferences, to look for a ready-made progam that suits what you want.

Like I said, if you're very particular just do your own program - good or bad.
    Yeah, fair enough. I hate the complexities of over analysis lol.

JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100) JeffStan5432 is not very well liked. (-100)
    3-Day Split Program
    Day 1: Full Body A

Squat: 3-4 sets of 10 reps
    Bench Press: 3-4 sets of 10 reps
    Rows (Dumbbell or Barbell): 3-4 sets of 10 reps
    Day 2: Rest or Light Activity

Day 3: Full Body B

Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 reps (Consider doing this only once a week to avoid overtaxing your body)
    Overhead Press: 3-4 sets of 10 reps
    Pull-Ups or Lat Pulldowns: 3-4 sets of 10 reps
    Day 4: Rest or Light Activity

Day 5: Full Body C

Lunges or Step-Ups: 3-4 sets of 10 reps per leg
    Push-Ups or Dips: 3-4 sets of 10 reps
    Inverted Rows or Face Pulls: 3-4 sets of 10 reps
    Day 6 & 7: Rest or Light Activity