bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Splitting Leg days up?

Ok I am on a 5 day routine now which is:

Day 1-chest
    Day 2-back
    Day 3-legs
    Day 4-shoulders
    Day 5-bi's tri's

I noticed my workout times are roughly around 45 minutes except for leg days.

Those days can run me about an hour and a half.

Would splitting up leg days like this hurt me too bad?

Day 1-chest
    day 2-back
    day 3-quads
    day 4-hamstrings,calves
    day 5-bi's tri's
    day 6-shoulders
    Progress journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107811981

Stereoids? **** that ****, just stop whacking off for a week.

Dogs rule!

Excercise your brain as well as your body.......read a book bitch!

Oh and don't forget to piihb!

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bladepoetry79 View Post

Day 1-chest
    Day 2-back
    Day 3-legs
    Day 4-shoulders
    Day 5-bi's tri's

Day 1-chest
    day 2-back
    day 3-quads
    day 4-hamstrings,calves
    day 5-bi's tri's
    day 6-shoulders
    no, its not a bad idea, i wouldnt do it back to back though. maybe chest, back, quads, ams, shoulders, hams?

rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bladepoetry79 View Post

Day 1-chest
    Day 2-back
    Day 3-legs
    Day 4-shoulders
    Day 5-bi's tri's

Day 1-chest
    day 2-back
    day 3-quads
    day 4-hamstrings,calves
    day 5-bi's tri's
    day 6-shoulders
    thats actually what I am running right now.. excpet its more like..

day 1- back and bi's
    day 2- shoulders and tri's
    day 3- quads and abs
    day 4- chest
    day 5- hammies and calves, abs.

bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bladepoetry79 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by willldabeast View Post
    no, its not a bad idea, i wouldnt do it back to back though. maybe chest, back, quads, ams, shoulders, hams?
    I like this idea.

day 1-chest
    day 2-back
    day 3-quads
    day 4-arms
    day 5-shoulders
    day 6-hams

I think that would be perfect i'm only worried that my legs will be sore for 6 days straight so maybe......

day 1-quads
    day 2-chest
    day 3-back
    day 4-shoulders
    day 5-hams
    day 6-arms

but then i'm working upper body 3 days in a row yeah i like your idea better.

thanks bro
    Progress journal:

Dogs rule!

rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedr0ck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck!

hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hulkout has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Honestly, I strongly advise against splitting up your hams and quads. They work together and by training them together, you'll force more blood into the entire area and stimulate more muscle growth. Most people don't practice it nowadays, but training antagonistic muscles together has got to be one of the best techniques you can use!

For a six day split, try this

Monday Chest and Back
    Tuesday Shoulders and Arms
    Wednesday Legs, Abs
    Thursday Repeat Monday
    Friday Repeat Tuesday
    Saturday Repeat Wednesday
    Sunday Rest

Do different exercises on each of the 2 days you train each muscle. This is a really solid workout and don't worry about overtraining. As long as you're getting enough rest and eating enough, you'll be fine.

timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by willldabeast View Post
    Agree with this. Though I just do lower body twice per week instead with one day more hamstring focus and the other more quad focus. Also separated by several days.
    timbahwolffff on Instagram

CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i sometimes switch it up, and will do my quads with shoulders or something, and my hams and calves with my back, i feel that doing deadlifts and straight legged deads are working almost the same, so i tend to do it on the same day
    VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS " Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

I wanna be freaky big at 6'5''

ACE certified PT

Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500) Wherestherackat is not very helpful. (-500)
    Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Quads/Hams (Super setting)
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday - Bi's/Tri's (Super setting)
    Saturday - Calves/Traps

I feel really strong on this routine.

Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500) Emosh is not very helpful. (-500)
    Or you can just do calves on your chest day..

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Especially if your legs are weak, then splitting them up is a great idea. However, I would not recommend training 6 days per week. I think it's impt to give your CNS two full days off per week. While training 6 days per week will work fine for a while, it may very well catch up with you.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Originally Posted by timberwolf View Post
    Agree with this. Though I just do lower body twice per week instead with one day more hamstring focus and the other more quad focus. Also separated by several days.
    Damn you guys see this guys Legs?

What's your routine?
    Progress journal:

Dogs rule!

xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xshinx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

If you're trying to split your leg day so you can leave the gym in 45 minutes, then you might as well stay home. No matter what you do, the legs will take more time to finish a workout due to how big they are. Legs demand a lot more energy and also a bit more rest between sets. It is only natural that your leg day will be significantly longer than other muscle days. If you want to split calves into different days, that can be arrange but hamstrings... never really fond of that at all. I currently workout 4 days a week and this is how it looks like:

Tuesdays: Shoulders
    Wednesdays: Legs
    Thursday: Day Off
    Friday: Back
    Saturday: Chest
    Sunday & Monday: Day Off

I can include triceps when doing shoulders & biceps when doing chest. The arms do not need that many sets in order to get larger & stronger. Just take your time doing legs. Staying in the gym a little over an hour while doing legs will not really kill you.
    A True Warrior Never Backs Down From A Challenge.

actually I work out at home. Gonna take these other guys advice sorry.
    Progress journal:

Dogs rule!

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    Especially if your legs are weak, then splitting them up is a great idea. However, I would not recommend training 6 days per week. I think it's impt to give your CNS two full days off per week. While training 6 days per week will work fine for a while, it may very well catch up with you.

Best,
    right on

i split up my routine and do quads with delts and hamstrings with back as most hamstring exercises involve the lower back anyway. good day to fit in sldl and regular deadlifts.

works well for me
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991