Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it necessary to change routines ?

IM training for long period of time but I dont look like that.
    I only lift compound movements so I was wondering when its time to stwitch to a split routine.
    Threads in this forum cant answer my quetions, thats why Im asking here.

I was thinking about to switch to a push/pull/legs programme which is a standard for every bodybuilder,so why not ?
    But I dont like the programm so much like full body or upper/lower.

Is it necessary to do more exercises for one body part eg chest or is bench press enough ?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes when you stall. If you’ve stalled on LP then change to something like DP or linear periodization.

Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pyromane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Yes when you stall. If you’ve stalled on LP then change to something like DP or linear periodization.
    Whats that LP or DP? and is it possible to stall if you nutrition is bad.
    coz it is

ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you still progressing?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Pyromane View Post
    coz it is
    How much do you weigh and what is your diet like? I was stuck for a few semesters with minimal gains while living in college dorms and eating college dorm food. Once I moved out and ate like my associates on special vitamins, I made serious progress. Some of those associates are now dead from those vitamins. But we had some good times from '88-'90.
    Funished renal houses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    coz it is
    Linear progression is adding weight to the bar work out to work out or weekly. Novice programs use this type of programming.

Double progression is more of an intermediate type of programming. You set a rep range, and once you’re able to hit the higher end of the rep range you add weight, and bring the reps back down to the lower end of the range.

It’s generally recommended that you start with LP and run it until you stall out while eating in a calorie surplus. Then you reset and do it again. Once you stall a second time you’ve completed LP. From what I’ve seen most lifters can get around a 225 bench, 315 squat and 405 DL before needing DB or periodization. Depending of leverages, body weight, ect.

https://youtu.be/nun-vSQV6wU

I feel like helms can better explain periodization ^^^^
    Last edited by TAWS6; 03-20-2023 at 01:31 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I only lift compound movements so I was wondering when its time to stwitch to a split routine.
    No, if you've been lifting for a long time and don't look like you do, you should keep doing the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    How much do you weigh and what is your diet like? I was stuck for a few semesters with minimal gains while living in college dorms and eating college dorm food. Once I moved out and ate like my associates on special vitamins, I made serious progress. Some of those associates are now dead from those vitamins. But we had some good times from '88-'90.
    So time to use some gear huh?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So time to use some gear huh?
    No. It's a multivariate equation. Gear is not in the equation unless you want to have life-changing problems in your middle age.

You can use one of these equations based upon your body style. I studied stuff like this in grad school. It's not that complicated.

Funished renal houses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think a good program will have a method for overcoming stalls once reached, in addition to the usual rep set and exercise list, as well as a progression method. That considered, shouldn't need other programs once you find something that checks all those boxes.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Originally Posted by ChunkBuster View Post
    Are you still progressing?
    No im not progressing and overall I dont have much energy.
    It does not matter if i choose a weight which i can lift 15 or 5 times - muscle feeling is almost gone.
    There was a time in which I felt my muscle at every exersice and had such a good pump.
    No overtraining.

I try to do more cause Im going like 2 max 3 times a week to the gym doing a full body.
    In the past i used to go 6times a week during upper/lower.
    But like I said I have lack of motivation and energy.
    Now I gained a ton of fat which I have to cut

philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I was thinking about to switch to a push/pull/legs programme which is a standard for every bodybuilder,so why not ?
    But I dont like the programm so much like full body or upper/lower.

Is it necessary to do more exercises for one body part eg chest or is bench press enough ?
    How long is a "long period of time"?

Does that mean 6 months, a year, 5 years?

If your goal is to build your most aesthetically pleasing body--using a routine that only uses compound movements was a bad idea. If your goal is more to improve on your lifts or improve strength for some sport you play (e.g. football) than compound exercises are a great choice.

For example you ask if "Is it necessary to do more exercises for one body part eg chest or is bench press enough ?"

What is your goal? To build as much chest muscle as possible? No you should do more exercises. To get a higher bench press? Yes just benching is enough to keep increasing your bench, though you could add more exercises. To build more functional strength? Yes just benching is fine for building power in the chest.

If strength is your goal--you not only need a program with exercise selection, sets and reps, but also periodization. If bodybuilding is your goal, you really only need a program with exercise selection, sets and reps.