Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think doing explosive movements for high reps or to failure makes no sense.

For pure power production I would stick to the 1-5 rep range.

For development of the stretch reflex/agility/quickness/foot speed/etc I would do plyometrics; the goal is to minimize ground contact time. Start with lower-intensity plyometrics and build up to higher intensity gradually. Start with 30-50 ground contacts per week and build up to 100-200.

Work on losing the extra fat, gaining 30 pounds of fat will make most people much slower.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mmmh98 View Post
    Hey again guys, sorry for being inactive (exam)

I Saw a lot asking how Long i havent played. To answer this, i have not played for a Long time, and i dont really play regularly for a team or something like that.

Because of that i dont have “sports training” so for sure my lave of playing the game have somtething to do with it (and gaining about 30-35 pounds since i last played football (1-2 years ago)

My intention to bring in plyometrics is to like replace my lack of sports training. I dont do cardio too netiher. I just jog for 5-10 min before lifting.

I Saw some videos and podcast, about adding plyos so that you can use your body for everyday ttuff,so that you wont hurt your knees when jumping Down a truck or strain something when trying to reach the upper shelf.

So i dont really play any sports besides for fun Usually only in the summer, so i want to like compensate for the lack of cardio/sports/sports training by adding plyos, so i wont lose my “athleticism” and being too stiff and losing agility/mobility.

I have thought about adding like explosive push ups to my chest routine 3 sets to failure (Bench Press, db incline bench, explosive/plyo push ups and ending with flyes) and 2 tricpes excercises

For shoulder (same Day as chest) i do military Press, lateral raises, adding a plyo medicine Ball throwing excercise i Got from YouTube (Jeff)3 sets to failure or maybe 10 reps? and ending with front raises)

Back day i do deadlift, bent over rows, lat pulldown, machine rows, adding a plyo medicine Ball toss 3 sets x 10 or failure? and ending with facepulls. + 2-3 biceps excercises

Leg day i start my routine with 2 plyos instead of doing it after my lifting like with chest and bag day.

Box jumps and lateral jumps 3 sets 10 reps both. Then squats, Rdl, leg Press, leg curls, and lastly some calf presses. (Rest Day between back and Leg day because of the deadlifting)

What do you Think?
    You obviously just want to do plyos, so do them. Nothing wrong with that.

But in terms of athleticism in sports, not going to make up for lack of actually playing sports, doing cardio or being fat. No need to keep asking.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You obviously just want to do plyos, so do them. Nothing wrong with that.

But in terms of athleticism in sports, not going to make up for lack of actually playing sports, doing cardio or being fat. No need to keep asking.
    /thread

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

JonGomez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mmmh98 View Post
    Hey everybody.

Is it possible to bulk and lift heavy speights, but still be good at sports and maintain athleticism? By adding pylos maybe?

I recently played football, but felt a lot heavier, slower and more stiff than i used to be. I used to be very agile, Quick and smooth. I have bulked a lot so probably thats it?

I do a Push pull leg workout with a 6 Day split. Push pull leg rest and repeat.

My main priority is hypertrophy, but i still want to be athletic. Like i want to sprint fast, get agile, flexible, jumo High etc.

Is that possible by maybe adding 2 plyometric exercises before my heavy lifitng? Or what do you Think i should do
    Add your plyometrics in your warm up for couple sets for potentiation. Then main plyometrics at the end of the workout.

RAMP

Basic principle for warm up

Raise heart rate
    Activate muscles
    Mobilize joints
    Potentiation