Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Reasonable weight loss goal per week/month?

I have about 45 pounds to lose, and I've just begun my journey of a thousand miles, one step at a time, per Confucious. I check back in with my doctor in a month, and I'd love to show him that I'd lost 10 pounds in a month - but is that too optimistic? That would be a little over two pounds a week. I'm in a pretty decent calorie deficit every day, and I'm walking three miles every day (soon to start working out as soon as my shoulder recovers). Or should I be content with just two pounds a week if that's possible?
    Whatever you feed - grows. Whatever you starve - dies.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Arnoldfan View Post
    I've just begun my journey of a thousand miles, one step at a time, per Confucious.
    If you're truly buying into this statement, you wouldn't be making an arbitrary one-month goal.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Height?
    Current weight in total?
    Estimated body fat percentage?
    Age?
    How long you've been lifting?
    Your training/exercise regime?
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have about 45 pounds to lose, and I've just begun my journey of a thousand miles, one step at a time, per Confucious. I check back in with my doctor in a month, and I'd love to show him that I'd lost 10 pounds in a month - but is that too optimistic? That would be a little over two pounds a week. I'm in a pretty decent calorie deficit every day, and I'm walking three miles every day (soon to start working out as soon as my shoulder recovers). Or should I be content with just two pounds a week if that's possible?
    It depends HOW you want to lose the weight. Productive fat loss (meaning losing fat while maintaining muscle) is limited to about 1% of your body weight/week. So if you weigh 200lb, that's 2lb/week.

But if you're obese and/or not worried about muscle maintenance, you can increase that rate of loss quite a bit.

It's not a one-size-fits-all answer.

Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arnoldfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CBRIT89 View Post
    Height?
    Current weight in total?
    Estimated body fat percentage?
    Age?
    How long you've been lifting?
    Your training/exercise regime?
    5'10"
    BF - no idea. Over 30%, I'd imagine.
    55 years old
    Been lifting most of my life, but I haven't in about six months because of a shoulder issue, combined with job loss. I want to lose about 10 more pounds before I hit the iron again.

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to lose about 10 more pounds before I hit the iron again.
    Why would you wait before lifting again if you are able?

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Why would you wait before lifting again if you are able?
    "Been lifting most of my life, but I haven't in about six months because of a shoulder issue"

"Been lifting most of my life, but I haven't in about six months because of a shoulder issue"
    Legs?

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Legs?
    "I want to lose about 10 more pounds before I hit the iron again."

Maybe you should read my posts before you respond.

"I want to lose about 10 more pounds before I hit the iron again."

Maybe you should read my posts before you respond.
    Again, why wait? Oh right, shoulders.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't recommend trying to lose weight without being able to train properly. You will lose muscle, especially if you try 2lbs a week.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I don't recommend trying to lose weight without being able to train properly. You will lose muscle, especially if you try 2lbs a week.
    Thanks. I'm careful to try and get enough protein.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whats the shoulder issue and is it going to go away after you lose 10lbs? That's the part of your rationalization that doesn't make sense. Depending on the issue there are probably plenty of exercises you could be doing to A) work around it and B) fix it. Have you been assessed by a physical therapist?
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Thanks. I'm careful to try and get enough protein.
    That would good in conjunction with resistance training - but without it, it's not going to prevent muscle loss. You particularly want to avoid this at your age because it becomes harder to get it back again.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    10 pounds of weight is tough but doable, because if you go from eating crap and not exercising to eating better and exercising, you will probably lose at least a few pounds of water weight. Plus if you have 45 pounds to lose, you have more low hanging fruit dietary changes that you can make that will yield bigger improvements.

10 pounds of fat? That's ambitious, and will take some serious discipline.