Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Adjustable Depth on the Pit Shark?

a few times now when i have used the short frame Pit Shark for squatting, i have noticed where the load sits on the machine, i have bottomed out and thing hits/rests at the bottom. is there a way to adjust the depth? i usually hook in on the third or last (fourth) position and i have still bottomed out the thing a few times. My first time using it i hooked into the first hole position and thing bottomed out before i even got half way down into my rep so i figured out to hook in farther away. so is there a way to adjust the depth or am i missing something or doing something wrong?

leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldHAMnEGGer View Post
    a few times now when i have used the short frame Pit Shark for squatting, i have noticed where the load sits on the machine, i have bottomed out and thing hits/rests at the bottom. is there a way to adjust the depth? i usually hook in on the third or last (fourth) position and i have still bottomed out the thing a few times. My first time using it i hooked into the first hole position and thing bottomed out before i even got half way down into my rep so i figured out to hook in farther away. so is there a way to adjust the depth or am i missing something or doing something wrong?
    I believe you can move the hook up the chain to effectively lengthen the range of motion. If the chain is already as short as it can be, a couple additional options are a shorter belt (SPUD makes a shorter one) and/or a shorter carabiner/hook.

trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trnk1001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by leonard1 View Post
    I believe you can move the hook up the chain to effectively lengthen the range of motion. If the chain is already as short as it can be, a couple additional options are a shorter belt (SPUD makes a shorter one) and/or a shorter carabiner/hook.
    All of these are good options, but the short Spud belt is just a tad too short for my taste. You can also raise your feet (I use a pair of the double wide DC block). I put my Pit Shark on caster wheels, so they also give it a few extra inches from bottoming out.

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    has anyone else had this issue of bottoming out the Pit Shark when doing deep hams-to-calves squats?