Reps4HayZeus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muh gainz, muh sweet gainzzzz

Ok seriously though. Been lifting for a while. I've made my share of mistakes but as of recent I decided to start leaning out a little. Started at 195 (5'10") probably somewhere between 18-20% bf. Gave myself gyno when I started lifting because I went on the see-food diet. Been doing paleo regularly for 5 years and last month started cutting my calories and really cleaning up my diet. Almost 6 weeks to be more accurate. My maintenance is 2700 cals, so on a given day, I eat between 2100-2300 calories. I've upped my cardio game, my lifting sessions are way more intense than they were before. I do HIIT a few times a week, I jog with my dog, I do functional cardio in the gym and my macro's are on point. All that being said, I'm super frustrated with the lack of results. I've lost about 4 lbs in 6 weeks which is cool, but I've seemingly lost 0 body fat and certain muscles seem to atrophy super quick (chest, bi's and tri's). I'll hit triceps on say, Tuesday and by Wednesday afternoon, they are the same exact size as they were before Tuesday. Those 3 mentioned muscle groups will NOT. FRIGGIN. GROW. I've tried heavy weight for less reps, lighter weight more reps, different ROM's, negatives, 21's, all the exercises and lifts you can think of. Now, my biceps have a really low insertion point, so genetically, I'll never have a sweet ball of a peak and I can live with that. But the muscles will not grow for **** and the little bit of growth I do see in my tri's, wastes away within 24 hours. Yes, I am in a slight deficit but you can still build muscle while losing fat, the idea that you can't is a myth, I've seen it done, I just can't translate the formula to my own body.

Any suggestions fam?

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For starters stop caring yourself to others as that is a big issue many fall into.

If you are in a caloric deficit it is hard to build muscle as you typically need to be in a surplus to build muscle.

The notion that you're going to have your triceps pumped from the previous day's training is ridiculous as you're muscles aren't going to look the same the next day as they did in the gym.

If you're trying to grow a muscle you must be progressively overloading that muscle with either weight, sets and or reps (volume), frequency, intensity, etc.

What is your training program look like in detail and the progression being used on the exercises that you're doing?
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Reps4HayZeus View Post
    Yes, I am in a slight deficit but you can still build muscle while losing fat, the idea that you can't is a myth, I've seen it done, I just can't translate the formula to my own body.
    The irony here is palpable.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    The irony here is palpable.
    Jeff Cavaliere?

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    For starters stop caring yourself to others as that is a big issue many fall into.

If you are in a caloric deficit it is hard to build muscle as you typically need to be in a surplus to build muscle.

The notion that you're going to have your triceps pumped from the previous day's training is ridiculous as you're muscles aren't going to look the same the next day as they did in the gym.

If you're trying to grow a muscle you must be progressively overloading that muscle with either weight, sets and or reps (volume), frequency, intensity, etc.

What is your training program look like in detail and the progression being used on the exercises that you're doing?
    Typically, I'll start with a heavier compound exercise or to for 3-5 sets, between 5-8 reps. Then move more toward hypertrophy, 8-12 reps, nice form, good ROM. For triceps for instance, I'll do heavy skull crushers, maybe superset with concentrated kickbacks leaning on a bench, elbows tight to my body, no swinging. I'll do cable push downs, maybe negatives to concentrate on the eccentric portion of the lift. Finish up with a machine for more concentration and variations on the weight, sometimes even finish up with drop sets. And you may have missed my point about the size of the muscles changing.

What I mean is, if today, I hit arms at 5 or something, by tomorrow my arms will be the exact same size they currently are. There is no growth.

Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000) Veznor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ... I'll hit triceps on say, Tuesday and by Wednesday afternoon, they are the same exact size as they were before Tuesday...
    I think this right here shows how unrealistic your expectations are.
    Do you really think your muscles will noticeably increase in size after every single workout? Really? On a deficit on top of that???

It's just not something that happens overnight. We're talking years here.

GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100) GAAAINZZZ is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yes, I am in a slight deficit but you can still build muscle while losing fat, the idea that you can't is a myth, I've seen it done, I just can't translate the formula to my own body.
    Lmao this is dumb as ****. Either your body has caloric surplus, and uses it to build muscle and store fat. Or the body has caloric deficit and therefore burns muscle and fat for energy. It's not something to argue about, it's really simple and concise, and yes you can ''translate the formula to your own body''.

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can grow muscle while losing fat... but it's super tough...

Schoenfeld says and does so in the lab..

(And Cavaliere.. scooby.. etc..)
    Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!
    https://tinyurl.com/fluidzF5

Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bunglefever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Again... see Jeff Cavaliere.

Originally Posted by Veznor View Post
    I think this right here shows how unrealistic your expectations are.
    Do you really think your muscles will noticeably increase in size after every single workout? Really? On a deficit on top of that???

It's just not something that happens overnight. We're talking years here.
    I've been lifting for 6 years and my arms have pretty much been the same size for 5 and a half of them. So what gives?

Also, forgot to mention, I seem to lose muscle... but no god damn fat. My muscles will atrophy super fast and that fat stays everywhere. My arms will not tone, my pecs won't shine through, it's just like slabs of meat. The waist, I kind of understand. It's one of the harder places to lose fat, but I think the only place I've noticed any actual fat loss is in my face. Kind of. But my physique looks exactly the same as it did 6 or so weeks ago and for as hard as I'm working and as disciplined as my diet's been, it's frustrating.